Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez MD Patient Reviews

4.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 9th, 2017
Breast lift after implant removal
Dr. C sets the standard for remarkable care. Every interaction with him has been impressive. His nurses are wonderful, and the surgery center care was unbelievable. The anesthesiology team, the pre op and post op nurses made me feel comfortable before, during and after surgery. Dr. C really cares. He sets the gold standard. I would give him my highest recommendation- without hesitation. He is the best.

May 4th, 2017
Double Mastectomy and reconstruction
Dr. Clavijo was there's for my double mastectomy and took on my breast reconstruction. He and his staff made me feel completely comfortable since our first meeting and gave me undivided attention and genuine care since day one. His meticulous attention to detail resulted in spot on recommendations each step of the way. He kept my spirits high and helped turn what could've been a devastating time into a renewal both physically and emotionally. Plus my new "girls" are fab! ;) He came highly recommend to me and I will gladly pass that on. I will absolutely return for future services. Thank you, Dr. Julio!!!

May 4th, 2017
Double Mastectomy and reconstruction success!

April 13th, 2017
Rhinoplasty
I've wanted rhinoplasty for as long as I could remember, but was always too nervous to actually go through with it. I am so glad I found Dr. Clavijo because he is the best surgeon that I could have ever asked for. He is so friendly, compassionate and knowledgeable - he truly cares about his patients and put all my concerns at ease. I told him what I didn't like about my nose (everything) and he created a custom powerpoint with my photos to show me what could be done and gave me realistic expectations. I had my procedure done 2 weeks ago and I am already thrilled with the results. He gave me what I wanted and actually made my nose look better than I could have ever imagined! He even personally called me the night of my surgery to check in and see how I was feeling. I would definitely go back to him if I ever wanted another procedure!

December 17th, 2016
Neck Lift
Had procedure over 2 years ago. I still feel like I have a tight noose from below ear lobe to other ear lobe. This is very annoying. After neck lift, jowls now hang much more than they did before. When I went back for check up, he was no longer with the practice and another Dr. told me I could have that issue taken care of for another 10,000 dollars.. I DO NOT THINK I SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR A DR.'S FAILURE TO COMPLETE WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

November 22nd, 2016
Dr. Clavijo is amazing! So glad I chose him for my surgery. Every aspect of my procedure was wonderful. Would recommend to anyone he is a great person!

November 22nd, 2016
Mrs. Stomach Flat
I absolutely love the work of Dr. Alvarez. He and his staff are very professional and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. I'm elated that I chose

November 20th, 2016
Breast reconstruction and augmentation
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast at the age of 38. While my health was my top priority, the cosmetic outcome was very important to me. I decided to have a unilateral skin/nipple sparing mastectomy with reconstruction. My surgical oncologist recommended Dr. Clavijo. I was obviously nervous during the first appointment, and completely overwhelmed. From the very beginning, I felt he cared about what I was going through. He shared some personal experiences with me and also used his sense of humor to put me and my husband at ease. By the end of the first appointment, I was certain that I was in good hands. Dr. Clavijo thoroughly explained the process that would include a tissue expander that would later be exchanged for an implant. I also opted for an augmentation of my healthy breast. For the first time since my initial diagnosis, I felt optimistic about my life after cancer. I had three surgeries at two different hospitals, and each time all of the nurses and staff had nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Clavijo. Not only did they think he was an excellent surgeon, but they enjoy working with him. Dr. Clavijo called after each surgery to see how I was doing. He explained everything that was going to happen thoroughly and encouraged questions. The staff at his office was friendly and helpful. His practice helped me through one of the hardest times of my life, and my family and I will always be grateful. I am extremely happy with the outcome of my procedures. Not only am I now cancer free, but the cosmetic results have exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Dr. Clavijo to anyone not only because is he an excellent surgeon, but the way he treats his patients is second to none.

November 8th, 2016
pleased
dr alverez repaired a job that another PS in the area did. this other PS was too arrogant and full of himself saying he couldnt see nothing wrong, but when i went to dr alverez he was so understanding and fixed the problem which was an infected stitch that was left behind, for approx 16 months, got infected and made an encasement that puckered and large. month later you can not even see where it was thanks to dr alverez

November 3rd, 2016
Surgery on April 18, 2016
First off let me say I normally read reviews but don't write them, this is my first. My experience was perfect. I had major surgery for hernias (8 to be exact) and Dr Clavijo was the plastic surgeon who closed me up and followed with my post op visits. He has great bed side manors and always took the time to answer any questions I had. I had no pain after the surgery and never needed any pain pills. I think the greatest compliment that can be paid to any doctor is the ones that come from other doctors and nurses. In the hospital, every time I was asked who my surgeon was and I would tell them it was always followed with “OH He’s really good”. I heard that from my PCP, my nurses in the hospital and my home visiting nurses. I think that speaks volumes. I have addition surgery coming up in a few weeks and am not worried about it because I know who the surgeon will be. Hope this help anyone looking for a plastic surgeon.

September 20th, 2016
Dr Alvarez and his staff are the best, they make you feel at home. I had fraxel co2 lasor and my ears repaired, the staff are the nicest ladies and you can tell they love their jobs and love working for the doctor. He is also very funny and kind. He makes you understand what you are getting done and doesn't rush or make you feel dumb for any questions asked. I will forever being coming here as they treatment for my face really helped and was well worth it.

September 16th, 2016
Best Decision in my Breast Cancer Journey
Dr. Clavijo was always very thorough in explaining all my treatment options, his recommendations, and answering any and every question I had. His bedside manner, attention to detail, and compassion for what he does is reflected in every aspect of my experience with him. I would highly recommend him to anyone and am in love with the work he has done on me. He worked very closely with my breast cancer surgeon and was very highly recommended to me. He was the best decision in my journey of breast reconstruction and my road to physical recovery :)