Dr. Julio Davalos MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

October 28th, 2015
In 2013 Davalos, working for Chesapeake Urology Associates, bungled a urethrotomy by slashing into the sponge, then discharging me without doing anything to rectify the damage or stop the massive hemorrhaging. Within an hour, fearful of bleeding to death, I ambulanced to Mercy Hospital Emergency Room where it took 12 hours to staunch the bleeding and relieve the pain , plus two more days in the hospital to recover. To this day no record of this event has been permitted to appear in the Chesapeake Urology operating reports. It produced the most intense and enduring pain I have ever experienced in my life.

July 18th, 2015
Amazing doctor and an even more amazing man.
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Davalos. He took the time to sit down and explain everything he was going to do, what everything meant, what could possibly happen and what to expect. Not only did he do all of this but he also took the time to reassure me that everything was going to be okay and he was very confident in his ability to handle my multiple surgeries. I can't say how much this man has changed my life and how very thankful I am.

June 5th, 2015
A Doctor to be Admired and Appreciated
I was searching for a physician who performs a HOLEP procedure on an enlarged prostate. Without physician help or recommendations we were able to find Dr. Davalos through a call to Chesapeake Urology. In our initial appointment he informed us of surgery options,and was very honest about his ability to use HOLEP on my condition. He gave us his full attention for as long as we needed him to answer questions. After gathering sufficient information he performed the very successful surgery within 2 weeks of the decision. I found him to be approachable, skillful, and possessing a great bedside manner. I recommend him without reservation.

July 9th, 2014
Urological disaster
Julio Davalos bungled a urethrotomy , provoking massive hemorrhaging and sending me within an hour of my discharge from Chesapeake urology Associates in Glen Burnie I was taken via ambulance to the emergency room of Mercy Hospital, in Baltimore. It took 12 hours to clear the blood clots in my bladder, all with excruciating pain. I was then required to stay 36 more hours in Mercy Hospital for convalescence and observation. A devastating experience--the most extensively painful and frightening of my life. No explanation of what was done during the procedure to make this happen has been obtainable. Why it it happened remains a secret closely held by Davalos and Chesapeake Urology--raising suspicions of malpractice.

April 10th, 2014
Massive hemorrhaging-a urological disaster.
I employed Davalos--employed by Chesapeake Urology Associates in Glen Burnie, Maryland to do a urethrotomy--or DVIU. Two previous DVIUs had been done by a different doctor without incident. . Davalos failed attempt was an excruciatingly painful disaster. Ten minutes after leaving his office I began to be soaked in blood. A half hour later blood clots the size of golf balls were filling my pants. I was taken by ambulance to an emergency room. The pain grew to agonizing dimensions as clots continued to form and fill my bladder and to prevent urination. It took the ER 12 hours to syringe away the clots and partially reduce the pain--which continued even after as spasms. Even injections of morphine were not entirely effective in reducing my suffering. I was hospitalized for another 36 hours for continuing treatment. To this day neither Davalos nor Chesapeake Associates will divulge what Davalos did that produced the massive bleeding. It remains their tightly held secret. Avoid both.

February 28th, 2013
The only reason I am able to give one star is for Dr. Davalos' empathy during such a difficult time. My mother in law was scheduled for surgery to have kidney stones removed 2 mths ago. The surgery ended in a fatality at the hands of this doctor and was ruled an accident. The impact that this tradgedy has deeply affected her family and friends. While this review is not to damage the reputation of this doctor, I believe prospective patients deserve the right to know.

February 15th, 2011
Charles E. Pettry
Dr.Davalos is one of the best doctors i have ever had. I wish all dr.'s were as caring and devoted to their profession as he is i found him to be caring,professional and very accurate on his diagnosis with an execellent beside manner along with doing everything he possibly could in order to help me as a person not just another patient.

February 2nd, 2011
Not pleased
Dr. Davalos appeared concerned and knowledgeable during early visits. He took the time to explain the diagnosis of bladder cancer and answer questions. An appointment was made for surgery for the next available time, which was a couple of months out. On the Friday before the Tuesday surgery no contact was made to do any pre-surgery admission. So, a call was placed. Come to find out the surgery was no longer on Dr. Davalos' schedule! After some irate words, the staff agreed to reschedule and keep the same date. Only a few months later another surgery was needed after a scope revealed more cancer. We also found out then that the pathology from the first surgery actually showed a High Grade cancer, when we had been told it was Low Grade. We were told it needed to be done in 2 weeks, and someone would call with the appointment time. Over a month later, still no word. It took another irate call to push to get the surgery on the schedule ASAP. Just a few weeks later there was bleeding, so another scope was done just recently. The cancer had spread. After the scope, Dr. Davalos did not stop in. Discharge information said to call his office to set up a 2 week follow-up appointment. When the call was placed, the staff informed us that Dr. Davalos is no longer in practice! This is only a couple of days after the scope was done. Really makes us wonder about the kind of care he was providing after all.

January 3rd, 2011
Nurse
This Dr. had passion and is willing to listen and explain the course of treatment no matter how long it takes for the patient to understand the medical or surgical need. The office has suffered from staffing issues that seem to be resolved. He has a great caring staff!!! Special thanks to his office/nursing staff.

January 3rd, 2011
Dr Davalous,A Good Guy and Great Doctor
Hi , I came to see Dr Davalous,after looking for one in Huntington,and decide to see Dr Davalous,and I must admit he is great,never had any kind of problem,he caring, answers all question, explains things completely, great staff, his nurse ( Rhonda ) super,just can't say enough, about him not sure about his other problems but it doesn't effect his work ,I appreciate all he does for me and will always see Dr D

December 28th, 2010
I had been told a lot of apparant misinformation concerning Dr Davalos, most not so good. In my case I found him to be very concerned with my case and very responsive to my needs ,anytime night or day weekend or not I always recieve a call from him or his nurse I have had 4 surgerys this summer till now Christmas 2010 and even on Christmas Eve and his office closed he and his nurse came in and addressed my needs. I am very satisfied and appreceritave for his service

November 6th, 2010
DANGER
I did some investigating into this MD after he screwed up my surgery. I looked into his family and legal problems and his wife is a known drug addict. I will never subject myself to such danger again.