Julio E Pabon, MD
Fertility Center and Applied Genetics of Florida
6050 Cattleridge Blvd Ste 103
Sarasota, FL 34232
941-342-1568
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr Pabon of Family Center & Applied Genetics in Sarasota, FL got me pregnant!  |  show details
by SB on Jul 23rd, 2014

Dr Pabon of Family Center & Applied Genetics in Sarasota, FL got me pregnant! Our very unromantic story began when we first met one year ago and ended when I was the ripe old age of 45 years! My quest began when, after many married years of never particularly caring if we had children or not, my husband and I decided it was now or never. We were fortunate to have heard about Dr. Pabon from a local Ob/Gyn. Knowing that time was not on my side, the staff got me in for a consult the next week. It was obvious from the moment we walked in the door, the entire staff at FC & AG of Florida knew we were individuals dealing with a very emotional situation. Dr. Pabon sat my husband and I down and clearly, concisely, and conscientiously explained all our options. Having never been involved in the baby making business, we were a bit overwhelmed with all the levels of "help" available to make a baby. Although it would seem obvious that a woman in her mid 40's with "age-related" infertility would need the more aggressive techniques in order to have any chance of success, Dr. Pabon understood I needed to go my own route at my own pace. He is so empathetic, he knew despite the statistics, it was going to take me time before I could accept the reality that my own eggs were practically hard-boiled! Dr. Pabon was not interested in forcing my husband and I down a certain path just because it would be quicker and easier for him to not have to deal with an unsuccessful and unhappy patient. He understood we would have to try what we needed to try before ultimately using donor eggs. Although Dr. Pabon appeared very advanced and thorough, I- being a bit of a skeptical northeastern snob (unjustly so)- researched what other clinics in Boston, N.Y.C. and Washington were offering. Guess what? Dr. Pabon was as cutting edge- if not beyond- as those other clinics' knowledge base and techniques! Furthermore, unlike those other "big city"clinics, there were no bimonthly seminars offered for the masses, no regimented protocols certain age groups must follow, no being forced to transfer at least 2 embryos to guarantee better outcomes for the clinic. Dr. Pabon's goal is to help every individual- even a tough case like me who has a very thin lining- achieve her goal of having a baby. He welcomes the challenge and makes you feel you are the top priority. The entire office staff: Ashley, Christine, Diane and Ramona- who have clearly been together for years-knows every patient's name (and I'm sure there were days they'd have liked to have forgotten mine!) and shares in every patient's highs and lows. I believe Dr. Pabon and his staff are almost as devastated as his patients are when procedures don't yield the desired outcome. I received "good luck tomorrow" phone calls; cell phone calls from Dr. Pabon; help with last minute paperwork; and indulgence with every superstitious ritual I asked the office to do in order to bring me luck. I pinch myself everyday that such a sincere, warm and top-notch clinic is literally in my backyard! Dr. Pabon's office should have an inscription similar to the Statue of Liberty's: "give us your old eggs, your thin linings, your atherosclerotic uteruses, your damaged fallopian tubes..." If you're looking for a place to be treated as an individual- and not just a statistic, go no where else but Dr. Pabon of Family Center & Applied Genetics.

|  Excellent practice  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2014

My overseas friends decided to come to the US for their IVF treatment. They have been through five IVF's in their own country but all failed. After traveling in the US for 2 weeks and meeting about half a dozen clinics, they chose Dr. Pabon in the end. They liked the fact that Dr. Pabon knows the latest technologies, and his office staff genuinely cares about them. My experience working with this office has also been most pleasant. It's easy to reach everyone when I have a question, and they are patient in explaining things to me. My friends have 6 embryos frozen from just one retrieval, and they will do the first embryo transfer through a surrogate carrier this week!

Mar 19th, 2014

Dr. Pabon's office is one of a kind and I had a wonderful experience at this office. His office staff know you by name after your first appointment and greet you every time you come for a visit. Dr. Pabon is very wise with his medical opinion and always steered me in the right direction into which decisions to make. He really knows what he is talking about and you can trust his opinion. His office feels like a home instead of a medical office and you are really treated like you are the only patient when you are there. They listen to you and answer all of your questions. Dr. Pabon would be a wonderful pick for you if you are looking into help for infertility. I will be having a beautiful baby girl due to the help I received at this office.

|  Amazing Practice  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2014

Dr. Pabon and his staff are incredible. He is incredibly kind and knowledgeable. Dr. Pabon took the time to explain everything: the process, what we could expect, the uses of different medications, different options, etc . Not only was he helpful, but his staff was as well. They were always wiling to answer any questions we had and made sure we were always comfortable. There is a professional, yet family type atmosphere at this practice and I highly recommend them.

|  Dr. Pabon is the best.  |  show details
by marguaritha on Jan 27th, 2014

I'm from the Bonita Office. Dr. Pabon and his staff are all awesome. My whole process with all my cycle went so smooth do to the staff and Dr. Pabon good sense of humor. I will forever thank you Dr. Pabon for making my dream come true becoming a mommy. May god continues to bless you to help others dream come true. I love you all.

|  The Best of the Best!  |  show details
by Katy W. on Nov 28th, 2013

I can't begin to thank Dr. Pabon and his staff enough for everything they've done for me. We were referred to him after suffering 2 miscarriages and a molar pregnancy. After a failed attempt with my eggs, Dr. Pabon explained the benefits of using a donor egg. I am thrilled to say that I am now pregnant with twins! The experience has been life changing and I will miss the entire staff once I get released to my regular OBGYN. The entire staff has been so caring, thoughtful and professional throughout my journey. How do you thank people who have given you a miracle? I would recommend Dr. Pabon and his staff to everyone....and I already have! From the bottom of my heart, Thank You!!

Oct 27th, 2013

Dr. Pabon and office staff are wonderful. It was a very hard and frustrating time in my life and the office staff and Dr. Pabon made me feel very comfortable and were very informative every step of the way. My husband and I are very excited to say after one round of IVF we are expecting twins in April!

|  Amazing doctor!  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2013

Dr. Pabon is a miracle worker! He has been blessed with a gift from God to help people to fulfill their dreams of becoming parents when it seems like it will never happen. I have dreamed of being a mother for so long, and I never thought when the time came to try to have a baby that it would be so difficult. We were trying for a year when my OB/GYN had me try Clomid. I did 3 cycles of Clomid with no success. My cycles were so off (50-65 days) that time just kept ticking away with no success. I was feeling discouraged and frustrated. My OB/GYN recommended that I go to a fertility specialist. She recommended Dr. Pabon in Sarasota and another larger group in Sarasota/Tampa. I called the larger group thinking that larger may be better. They couldn't get me in for 3 months in Sarasota and 2 months for the Tampa office. This was not what I wanted to hear. I am a teacher who lives in Port Charlotte and I just started Summer break, so timing was important. I was so upset and again discouraged. I decided to call Dr. Pabon's office. They were able to get me in within a week and were extremely helpful with getting the paperwork started so that I could get in for my consultation appointment. When I went in for my appointment, Dr. Pabon was so warm and welcoming. He made me feel so comfortable and really took the time to help explain to me my options. On top of everything, he was leaving on a trip to Europe that week for a month. He made sure that before he left that I got the tests I needed done and an HSG. He outlined an entire plan for me so that I felt comfortable before he left. I had some tests and ultrasounds done while he was gone, and HE was the one who called me back FROM EUROPE to tell me the results. Not many doctors would do that! My husband and I went to see Dr. Pabon in June 2013, and we conceived through our first IUI at the end of July 2013! We are due April 21, 2014!!! I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Pabon and his staff! I HIGHLY recommend him!!!

|  Wonderful Experience  |  show details
by Nikki H on Oct 18th, 2013

We were referred to dr Pabon for fertility issues. I had no idea what to expect. Dr Pabon and his staff are so caring and sweet. They know you by name and you always feel comfortable when you go in for a visit. Dr Pabon is very good about explaining things and helping you find the best treatments for your particular issue. He and his staff were almost as happy as me and my husband were when we found out we were pregnant. I would recommend dr Pabon to anyone who needed his type of expertise.

|  Amazing!  |  show details
by Britney on Oct 2nd, 2013

This is my second time being a patient of DR. Pabon and I couldn't imagine it any other way! I am so proud to say I delivered healthy full term twins in April after just ONE transfer! I always feel welcomed and comfortable... I am able to ask any question I need to; this is very important to me. I am so thankful for you DR. Pabon and trust you completely!

|  Great Doctor, Great Staff  |  show details
by AA on Sep 12th, 2013

We had a great experience with Dr. Pabon despite the fact that our chances for success with IVF were low. Dr. Pabon tried everything he could to help us succeed despite our low odds, and he let us keep trying for as many cycles as we felt we needed (which isn't true of all fertility practices). I think everyone researching fertility doctors needs to be aware that the science is still evolving and not every patient can be successful, and unfortunately part of it is still luck at this point. But I wholeheartedly believe Dr. Pabon will do everything in his power with each patient to help them achieve success. He and his entire staff are kind and caring and I will not hesitate to recommend them to a friend or go back myself for any future attempts to conceive. I will forever be grateful that he made my first pregnancy possible.

|  Best Care  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2013

We realized creating a family is one of the most important things in our lives. To find the "best" doctor, we spent weeks of time combing though the online resources. We didn't care how far we had to go, we just wanted the best. We picked Dr. Pabon. He has one of the highest success rates for my age group as reported by CDC, and the most positive reviews by patients. As we get to know Dr. Pabon and his staff better, we are more convinced that we are in the best care available out there. Dr. Pabon is up to date on the latest researches and technologies; if you ask him about a newly published research, he knows it. He called me personally with my test results and checked on me after a procedure (I had polypectomy and thanks to his gentle touches, my recovery was super fast). His office is run extremely efficiently: they are very busy but always find time to answer my questions within the same day or even shorter. Several times, I emailed Ramona or Christine with my questions, and received answers from them within an hour! Dianne always gives me all her time and answers all my questions. When my husband had a question about a lab procedure, Ashley called him and spent a good 10 minutes answering all his questions. With Dr. Pabon and his staff, we know we have done all we could, to give ourselves the best chance of starting a family.

|  Bad Experience  |  show details
by Amy on Sep 3rd, 2013

We met doc. Pabon for consultation and we were shocked how arrogant and insensitive he was. We would never choose him as our fertility doctor!!!

|  Dr. Pabon and his staff are AMAZING!  |  show details
by Ambor on Jul 29th, 2013

Dr. Pabon is so gentle and kind. His bedside manner couldn't be any better. He explains everything that will take place and he even talked me through my procedures. I am a second time surrogate. His sucess rate with me has been 100%. Dr. Pabon himself even called me after my transers to see how I was doing. His staff is wonderful too. Ramona is awesome and gentle with the blood work. They return my calls promptly. Thank you so much Dr. Pabon, Ramona, Diane, Christine, Ashley and Nicole.

Apr 9th, 2013

At first I really liked Dr. Pabon. He was well spoken and compassionate. I had a great feeling and believed him when he said that this would be a very positive experience for me. However, after a few short months I doubted everything about this doctor. He continously forgot my age, which at 38 was a very big deal. He would get irritated when he I told him I was open about my fertility issues. He tried to pursuade me not to tell anyone, including my family which I found very odd. He did not always share information that was happening. On several occasions I had to inquire on my own, what was the sperm count, mobility, the size of my cyst. He did not openly give information. In addition, he would always tell me I was a very complicated case but never would explain why and would have the attitude who was I to question him. After I finally had enough and switched doctors, I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition that was easily corrected with medication and am currently 14 weeks pregnant. Unless you are a standard run of the mill case that is only clomid and an IUI, DO NOT go to this doctor. He is unequipped.

Doctor's Response

I am happy for this patient. I can understand how she can be unhappy with my practice, but I simply cannot please everyone, every day, every time. Older patients are taught in my practice that the main limiting factor for success is often the age of the eggs and that success will come when a genetically normal egg becomes available. I have verified that we checked her thyroid test on two occasions during her treatment and the results were normal. Regarding my advice to keep things confidential, this comes from experience. Over the years (23 since I have been treating infertility patients) I have learned that patients experience a lot of stress when they have to explain their treatments and progress (or lack of progress) to a large circle of people. I try very hard to give personal attention and advice to all my patients. I am sorry she misunderstood. It is my routine to confirm a patient's age at each visit. I tend to do it in conversation. I had to laugh recently with a patient from Ft. Myers. We were about to discuss issues relating to her age and I asked her age. Immediately, I felt bad due to the recent memory of this patient that was offended because I confirmed her age during her visits. The funny thing was that the patient herself did not remember her age and she had to ask her husband. We both laughed about it. I told her that I was feeling bad because of the recent negative review that discussed my habit of asking a patient's age. Again, I am glad that this patient has achieved her dream. I am saddened that she misunderstood my advice and that she has such a negative opinion despite my best attempt to provide the best care. Sincerely, J. Pabon, M.D., April 25, 2013

by David and Jennifer on Feb 16th, 2013

We worked with other specialists in the Tampa area and became frustrated with the lack of personal attention and results. We found Dr. Pabon online, but we were very reluctant about going through IVF with another doctor after our previous experiences. That is until we sat down and spoke with Dr. Pabon. Right away my wife and I could tell Dr. Pabon was different and that he had a great passion for his practice and a personal interest in helping us achieve our goal. He and his staff always provided my wife and I personal attention as if we were a family friend not just another patient. Dr. Pabon employed a great amount of technology including genetic testing to help provide us with the best chances of success. He did not recommend procedures or testing that we did not need. In fact, he told us if we had one good egg we would have a decent shot for success. We only had one viable egg available and guess what, success! Of course we will always be thankful for Dr. Pabon's help because of the successful result, but the result aside it was his passion, positive attitude, personal attention and friendly treatment that we will always remember most. Thanks for treating us like family Dr. Pabon!

Doctor's Response

Wow. Thank you! I have been trying for years to provide exemplary customer service as medicine has gradually become less personal. The neat thing about the personal attention is that I get to know my patients and find great fulfillment in the practice of Reproductive Endocrinology. As this patient mentions, we have a lot of technology available and have been leaders in the Southeast in the application of PGS and PGD. I do try to treat patients as I would my own family. All the Best! Dr. Pabon

|  The best doctor and staff you could ask for  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2012

Dr. Pabon is by far the best doctor I have ever gone to. He is so caring and attentive to all of your needs and concerns. He treats you as if you are his only patient and never makes you feel liike he is rushing you out of the office. After one round of IVF, we received the great news that we are expecting. He and his staff are so supportive and make you feel like they are just as excited as you are. I have gotten so attached to the girls in the office. I am sad to be going to a regular OB now, but am so greatful for the outstanding treatment I received in his Sarasota office. They truly made one of the most emotional periods of my life into an amazing experience.

Aug 12th, 2012

After 4 years of suffering from secondary infertility I am now almost 8 months pregnant with another baby boy. And I have Dr. Pabon to thank!The whole process has it's ups and downs as anyone having gone through it knows, but Dr. Pabon and his staff are there to support you every step of the way. Dr. Pabon did not give me false hope or empty promises and he definitely doesn't sugar coat things. Instead he called me on a Sunday to see how I was feeling, he opened up his office on a Saturday to reassure me after a small scare, and he always called himself with pertinent news. His staff is warm and kind and understands the sensitivity behind this process. The only thing left to say is thank you, thank you, thank you...For making me a mother again and for giving my son the sibling he's been longing for!

|  Happy with our OUTCOME  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Dr. Pabon and his staff provided excellent care to my partner and I! We are very pleased with the services provided and that we are having Twins!! Thanks to Dr. Pabon, Ramona, Christine, and Ashley!!

|  Professional and Caring  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

Dr. Pabon and his entire staff were very Caring .And made me feel very secure and comfortable. And best of all I'm Pregnant 10 weeks.Thankyou, sooooo much Dr. Pabon He is a miracle worker !! God Bless you all !!

Feb 12th, 2012

FANTASTIC!!!

|  He is an amazing, wonderful, talented doctor.  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

My husband and I were delighted to find Dr.J.Pabon. He and his staff are by far the most wonderful people to work with as we went through our experience trying to get pregnant. He and his staff were amazingly talented and knowledgeable. We highly recommend him over any fertility doctor in Tampa. He is worth the drive. We checked out several in Tampa before deciding on Dr.J.Pabon. They are fairly priced and the one on one attention is great. You do not have to see a dozen different doctors. Just Dr. Pabon. It is very personalized and we received the attention we felt we deserved. Not like the other clinic where you see who ever is on duty.

Jan 25th, 2012

Dr Pabon performed my reversal on 04/2010, on 03/2011 we welocomed our baby girl into the world! Thanks Dr Pabon!

Your confidence is much appreciated. Dr. Pabon

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

highly recommend Dr. Pabon and his staff. We were recommended to him through friends that have a gorgeous 3 yr old boy. My husband at first was not 100% on board with IVF until he met Dr Pabon. He liked him & trusted him immediately & we feel he and his staff treated us with utmost care, concern, respect, & sensitivity. Even though we are in Naples, i did not mind the travel to Bonita & Sarasota. We wanted the best! I am now 7 weeks pregnant! We are overjoyed!

|  AWESOME!  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2011

Dr. Pabon and his staff showed us great support while going through our fertility treatments. We honestly feel like they all truly care. Although the treatment and appointments can be stressful mentally and physically the outcome is so worth it. We are currently 20 weeks pregnant and will be back for our next pregnancy attempt.

|  highly recommented  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2011

Dr. Pabon and staff are professional, kind, respectful, and caring. He and his staff took all the time with me that I needed - to answer questions, for reassurance, etc. My husband and I went through the IVF process and have a beautiful child as a result. We can't say enough good things about Dr. Pabon. Particularly helpful staff were Ramona and Christine.

|  Best RE in all of Florida  |  show details
by Christine on Sep 7th, 2010

I highly recommend Dr. Pabon and his staff. The entire IVF process was quick and easy...but most of all, it was effective! We are 8 weeks pregnant and expecting our first child! Dr. Pabon's caring bedside manner made the entire process relatively simple. His staff make you feel like you are their only patient. We live in Naples and many of the appointments were in the Bonita Springs office. When we did travel to Sarasota, we made it a fun getaway. Do not hesitate to meet with Dr. Pabon and his staff!

Doctor's Response

Thank you! We have been trying hard to make the process as easy as possible for all our patients and have been making a better effort at coming down to the Bonita Springs office more often so as to make things more convenient and less stressful for our Naples, Bonita, and Ft. Myers patients. Dr. Pabon

|  Tubal Reversal  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2010

Dr. Pabon was amazing! He was caring, compassionate and he himself has called me 3 times since my surgery to check on me! My surgery was 04/30/2010, we could start trying to concieve on 06/11/2010 and we got pregnant the end of June! He is the answers to our prayers!

|  Miracle Doctor, Get pregnant, Don't worry  |  show details
May 24th, 2010

I thought I would never be able to get pregnant and right here in our own town is this Miracle Dr. who changed my life forever. You know he is the answer to your prayers if people from all over the world and the United Kingdom come to him to complete a family.

Thank you so much for your confidence. Dr. Pabon