> > > > Patient Reviews
Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
6705 SW 57th Ave
Ste 714
South Miami, FL 33143
305-854-5432
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Frustrated patient  |  show details
May 20th, 2014

I have known Dr. Pita for many years and I always have waited over 3 hours to be seen. Dr. Pita may be an extremely intelligent and knowledgeable person, however he doesn't seem to be focused regarding the details of my case nor he pays attention when I talk to him. He pays more attention to the recorder translator than to what I have to say because it appears that he wants to finish asap and go to another patient. On a couple of instances he gave me the wrong instructions on medications and I had to keep correcting him.... I feel that he sees me as a walking dollar bill. He books to many patients, hence the extremely long waits for 3 minute consultation. Sorry Dr. Pita, but you should stop an think about the above (perhaps while you sit in your penthouse office gazing at the very nice view...)

|  Unprofessional staff  |  show details
by M. Gonzalez on Jan 31st, 2014

Dr. Pita is an excellent doctor. However, a few members of his staff are very unprofessional. The waiting time, is not only ridiculous but not worth it at all. There is always a choice. The time to deliver the results is rediculous as well. The patient basically, has to call constantly to get an update. The healthcare system at this time, has many options, and its the doctor's offfice resposibility to get the treatment and time the patient deserve, specially for the amount of money, patients are paying in insurance, deductibles and co payments.

Oct 29th, 2013

The time waiting is ridiculous

|  patient  |  show details
by gisela magarolas on Oct 23rd, 2013

he is a great doctor

|  Dr. Pita Cares For Cash/ Forgot Courtesty or Plain Kindness  |  show details
by Very Dissapointed on Apr 17th, 2013

I went to Dr. Pita ( Dr. Title I will use loosely) and I paid up front cash for my consultation to see him regarding my illness. Not longer than two minutes had gone by Pita had informed me that he had a meeting to go to and that he had to cut my consultation short. Mind you, I am a working individual that has to take hours from work and nowadays employers are not very accomadating. Pita did not have the decency to at least offer me a refund or even apologize, he told me to reschedule. I found him to be arrogant and isolated from any empathy or understanding, there are traits and attributes besides a medical certificate of training that make a doctor more appealing and help the patient during his or her ordeal. Believe me, those qualities Pita does not possess.

|  Cliente de Dr Pita por mas de 30 anos  |  show details
by Maria E Nunez on Feb 22nd, 2013

Yo, he sido y soy paciente del Doctor por mas de 30 anos y si, yo he tenido que esperar algunas veces (muy pocas) un poco mas de tiempo de lo normal, pero siempre ha sido por una causa justificada, la cual quisiera que si me sucediera a mi, tambien el doctor empleara el tiempo que le ha dedicado a esos pacientes, que ha sido una emergencia. Con respecto a su staff, tampoco he tenido ninguna queja, pues todo el staff siempre ha sido atento y amable conmigo. Por tanto, me pregunto, si estas personas que se quejan, tendran la educacion necesaria para pedir un appointment o cualquier otra cosa, pues las personas que estan en la oficina del doctor son seres humanos, y no maquinarias a las que usted no tiene que saludar ni tener educacion al tratarlos. Por tanto, no creo nada de lo que he leido. Sera que es envidia al doctor, el cual es uno de los mejores medicos que tenemos en MIami. Gracias Dr. Pita, por tener en todo momento un medico al que podemos confiar con su diagnostico y un medico tan dedicado a sus pacientes.

Aug 16th, 2012

Excellent doctor.

|  TOO LONG WAIT  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

THEY HAVE TO SPACE THE PATIENS BECAUSE THE WAIT IS TOO LONG, THEN THEY LET PATIENTS IN W/ NO APPT. RIGHT IN FRON OF OUR NOSES, LIKE WE CANT TELL

|  Patient.  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

I'm so impressed how many persons can talk like that about the staff of Dr.Pita office, because they was so nice with me, is true that sometimes I have to wait a lot, but it does'nt matter the time when the treat and the love that they give to me are really lovely. I love the new assistants of Dr. Pita, they are really proffesionals girls and prepared. I excited to recommended you to assist to the best endocrinologist in the USA.

|  Sabe la secreatria del Dr. Pita lo que es educacion ?  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

El Dr. Pita es excelente Dr y ser humano, todo lo contrario de sus colaboradoras. Con exception de Marci, todas son muy mal educadas - y la nueva asistente dej amucho que desear. Tutea a la spersonas mayores y se burlas de ella y nada que decr cuando trata de sacar sangre.. un asco de oficina. Esperar 3-4 horas cada vez y oir esas conversaciones estupidas de las secretaria.. es mucho. Lastima, tan buen doctor.

Feb 14th, 2012

The Dr. is excellent but can't say the same for a particular office staff member. I was treated unprofessionally & made to feel very incompetent because I was told something by one staff & another thing by another. Then she scolded me as though I was a young child because of the confusion, which was not my fault to begin with. Please train your staff to treat all patients with dignity & respect in all circumstance.

|  Save your veins from torture!  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2011

Last Thursday, was the last of many visits to Dr. Pita. His new assistant, Margarita is completely inept. She can not draw blood. After four trials, my daughter left the office with bruising. This was the place to have your blood drawn (with Loly, his ex-assistant), with her gone, we are not returning.

Oct 6th, 2011

EL DR ES BUEN MEDICO,PERO LAS PERSONAS QUE DAN CITAS SON LAS MAS GROSERAS Y CUANDO LOS PACIENTES LLAMAMOS DICEN QUE NO TIENEN CITA HASTA ENERO DEL 2012,Y CUANDO LLEGAS A VECES LA SALA DE ESPERA ESTA VACIA,NO TIENEN FORMAS ESAS MUCHACHAS PARA ATENDER A LAS PERSONAS,ESPECIALMENTE GRISELDA Y QUE TE PODEMOS DECIR DE LA MARGARITA ESTAN ECHAS TAL PARA CUAL ESPERO QUE ALGUN DIA ESE HONORABLE DR TOME MEDIDAS CON EL STAF QUE TIENE,Y MIS FELICITACIONES A LA ASISTENTE SI ESCOGIERA ESE TIPO DE EMPLEADAS FUERA ESA OFICINA UNA DE LAS MEJORES EN MIAMI

Aug 23rd, 2011

Dr. Pita has been my doctor for many years and I feel that he has my best interest at heart. However, the waiting time is awful (hours). The nurse (Loli) is great however the rest of the staff does not seem to be happy that they are working there. Appointments are also difficult.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2011

Incompetent Secretaries/poor service Nasty phone manner!!!Everytime I call I am placed on hold, indefinitely. Then this lady Grisel answers the phone with a tremendous attitude problem, this is everytime. I wonder what patients ever did to make them so despondent!

Feb 28th, 2011

I loved having him as my dr, but his office moved and is now too far for me. The wait it long, but he's a great dr.

|  Nice Doc - Ridiculous Wait time  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

Has been my doc for several years for Thyroid. Wait time is approximately 3-5 HOURS, yes hours not minutes. Then when he does see you he still has a ton of patients so you are barely actually seen by him a matter of seconds. Office staff is rude and inconsiderate and give you attitude if you ask them questions. Getting a new appt or calling for result is also a daunting task, the phone ops are extremely rude.

|  Excellent doctor, get ready to wait  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2010

He has been my doctor for over six years. I trust him implicitly. However, this comes at a price. If you want to see him, be prepared to wait up to three hours. I'm not kidding.For me, as a diabetic, it;s worth the wait

Mar 11th, 2010

In January I called dr's Pita office for an appointment, I was not a new pacient, and I got an appointment for March 10. In March 9 I got a call rescheduling my appointment for May. I called the office and let them know that for May my lab test will no be longer good, and they gave me a date and time that was not good for me,because my job, that is why I used of time. We are sorry but we do not have ay other time, was the answer they gave me. Now I am changing to a defferent doctor.