A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Julio Rivera:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Julio Rivera, General & Bariatric Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rivera
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Rivera Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Julio Rivera, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Rivera graduated from Texas Tech University , Lubbock. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rivera has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Baylor Medical Center At Irving
- Baylor Regional Medical Center At Grapevine
- Irving Coppell Surgical Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Julio R Rivera MD is a male Surgeon, has 16 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Julio R. Rivera practice?
- Dr. Julio Rivera has 5 office locations.
Dr. Julio Rivera practices Surgery near Grapevine, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Irving, TX and Southlake, TX.
See Grapevine Surgeons.