Dr. Julio Solla MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

August 25th, 2015
Dr. Solla did two surgeries on me and had the best bedside manner. I liked that he was right to the point and told me everything that would be happening and my recovery time. Plus, the office staff is AMAZING!!!

August 19th, 2013
Recently saw Dr. Solla for rectal pain. To say that I was disappointed with Dr. Solla would be an understatement. He is rude and will not listen to the patient. It would seem if you listened to a patient describe the symptoms a better diagnosis would be the outcome. He misdiagnosed my condition and said there was nothing he could do. I would have to live with it. Today I saw another doctor who was very positive and said a small surgery would give me very good results. Sorry I had to write this, but people need to know the truth about Dr. Solla. This is the first doctor review that I have ever had to write. Choose your doctors carefully!

February 24th, 2013
Horrible experience!
Was referred for chronic constipation. He was cold, abrupt and rushed me. He examined me and said my pelvic floor is very dropped. Says there is no surgery and tells me I must give myself a full warm water bag enema every day for the rest of my life. When I said I didn't like that he was rude. I cried on my drive home. The enemas made me sicker each day so I quit after 4. That night I lay on the floor crying in pain cuz i couldnt pee so called him in the AM to ask if I should go to ER. He was an absolute A-hole because I paged him Saturday AM and this wasn't an emergency go see a urologist. My sister is a nurse practitioner and thought of the right drugs to treat my severe constipation successfully. I found many local doctors who treat pelvic floor problems with surgery an I await an appt with one. Don't go see Dr. Solla.

October 16th, 2012
was able to get appt within a week, staff was very professional and courteous. Dr Solla spent 2 hours explaining my surgery and expected results, outcome was very good. I would recommend Dr. Solla to everyone.

May 24th, 2011
Very caring doctor
Dr. Solla spent time explaining my problem. He gave me and my spouse literature to take home and review. Made a very tense situation much easier.

April 21st, 2011
Find someone else
I was kept waiting in the office for 3 hours. The doctor spent 5 minutes with me. He did not take time to listen to my symptoms. He made a diagnosis of a fissure and hemorrhoids (no lab analysis required), and his recommendation was surgery. I told him that I'm not going to have a surgery right away, and that was the end of the visit. I paid my specialist co-pay before leaving, disappointed and frustrated with such a waste of time.Then a bill arrived for a supposed "ROCTOSIGMOIDOSCOPY" surgery/procedure. There was never any mention during the 5 minutes with the doctor that he was doing anything above and beyond a general check-up, i.e. what's covered by insurance in addition to the co-pay. It's ridiculous that a Colon and Rectal Specialist would charge extra for doing a basic Colon and Rectal exam in a non-emergency situation where nothing urgent/extra was required.I will never return to him as a patient, and I will tell everyone who will listen to avoid him at all costs.

May 30th, 2008
Very caring physician with terrific bedside manners.

October 11th, 2015