Dr. Julio Teixeira MD Patient Reviews

October 26th, 2015
Gastric. Bypass
Dr. Tierra, performed , a gastric bypass surgery, and my recovery was sensationally. I had minimal scars and was able to go back to work, within a week. I feel great, and would recommend a friend. Thank you, Dr. Trifecta, for changer my life.

September 17th, 2015
He is one of the best surgeons around.he is no nonsense and cares about his patients.

December 27th, 2013
Disappointment
Suggested by a friend as a great doctor, got put on hold and line got disconnected many times, no one know about which insurance is accepted or not, went in for 6 month wasted my time and hopes of being healthy to find out my insurance was not accepted after i asked many times if it was tried again today same thing hard to get any information. need new suggestions on reliable doctors

November 12th, 2012
EXCELLENT
Dr Teixeira is the only Bariatric Surgeon that I would refer to anyone.

November 9th, 2012
Literally saved my life when I was dying
I would not be alive today without Dr. Tex. Another group of MD's botched my surgery and THANK GOD my family found him and he agreed to take me on as a patient when other MD's had said "They did not want to fix someone else's mistake", since i was so sick: fistula's,tpn for two yrs - no food or H20, heart attack, multiple botched surgeries by the other MD. He stuck by me and redid my whole insides, intestines and all. Now I eat and drink and am alive. He is a GIFT FROM GOD.

February 9th, 2012
Dr Texiera is a great doctor who addresses any questions or concerns you have. He is patient and takes as much time as you need with him. My overall experience with this doctor was excellent. You might have to wait a while however he is worth the wait and I would recommend him to anyone considering weight loss surgery.
Doctor's Response

My new office is on east 83rd Tel: 800 6569574

November 4th, 2011
So far, so good.
I met with Dr. T and his staff last Wednesday to participate in the day-long seminar they offer for those interested in finding out more about various weightloss surgical options. First 1.5 hour watching (old) videos about surgical options and potential complications, post surgical diets, life-style changes required, etc. These were okay, but a little old (10-15 years old), and the video skipped a lot. Then we individually saw the nutritionist, had abdominal ultrasounds, had blood drawn, and then met with Dr. T. I found him to be patient, informative, attentive, and focused. He has a laid-back manner, and a slow way of talking. His accent was thick, but his English was very good. He answered my questions, addressed my concerns about complications, and discussed the various procedures and their "track record." I did not feel like he was trying to rush our meeting, even though I know he had other people waiting. That was a good. We'll see how things go.

October 23rd, 2011
Does not seem interested in me as a person, and seems to lack feeling or compassion.
Doctor's Response

I am sorry you had a negative experience Promise to make it up to you My new office is on east 83rd Tel: 8006569574

Health Guides