Dr. Julio Valdivieso MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 28th, 2014
Disgraceful
I also delivered a healthy baby who was sent to the South Nassau NICU for observation by Dr. V. She was kept on a no feed and intubated. Dr. V. would not let me nurse her and I was barely permitted to hold her, even though no one could tell me what was allegedly wrong with her. After 48 hours, Dr. V requested our permission to perform and xray, claiming that he though "he" (he could not remember our child's gender correctly!) might have an intestinal malformation. After subjecting her to xrays, he told us he was unable to read the film. He transferred our baby to Cohen's Children's Hospital in the middle of the night. The next day we arrived to find our healthy baby girl sleeping soundly, free of tubes and wires. The head of Cohen's neonatal dept APOLOGIZED to us for the unnecessary admission of our HEALTHY child and not only permitted but ENCOURAGED me to hold and nurse her while she remained under their observation. Dr. V. is a quack.

May 6th, 2014
Horrible doctor
Dr. Valdivieso treated my baby in the NICU after she was born with a slight fever. At first he stated it would be 48 hours then after two days he said 72 hours. Then when I advocated for my baby it became clear that the Dr. was negligent. I told him the time of admission and lab draws, proving she could leave, and the Dr. thought my baby was admitted 12 hours after she really was admitted. He was off 12 hours and wrote no orders and that's why she was there an extra day. That's the truth and he was covering for his malpractice and negligence. The nurses there joked when they saw the Dr, "hey, we're keeping this place full the way you like it." This is a horrible NICU. Nurses were very nice, but Dr. V. is a money hungry doctor.

February 11th, 2014
Horrible
You should know this doctor is famous for keeping newborns away from their mothers as long as possible. He works in the NICU at South Nassau. I was told my son would be looked at overnight 'just so they could keep an eye on him.' This was his first lie- I was only told by a nurse later hospital policy says that once a newborn goes to the NICU, hospital policy dictates that baby stays there for the duration of the mother's stay. His next lie, when I kept TRYING to get by HEALTHY baby out of there, was to say 'oh, now he can't leave because he hasn't made a stool.' FALSE. LIE. I had already changed a dirty diaper, but no one wrote anything down BECAUSE MY BABY WAS HEALTHY AND NO ONE WAS PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM. I have since learned from other mothers that he will keep feeding tubes down throats for a long time and in one case the mother fought hard enough and got the feeding tube out and the baby nursed FINE. It is all to get money for a mostly empty NICU.

April 20th, 2016