Dr. Julius Fernandez MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Memphis, TN

• Good
  • Bad

August 20th, 2016
Dr. Fernandez has performed 3 surgeries on my spine. I feel that, without his care and expertise, I would be in a wheelchair today. Because of my experience, our family entrusted him to perform a complicated surgery on my granddaughter. Today, she is an active 16-year-old, and is able to be an integral part of her high school marching band. Dr. Fernandez is a hero to my family.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your story with us. We are thrilled to know that your daughter is doing well and that you had such a great experience with Dr. Fernandez here at Semmes Murphey. You really made our day today.

July 16th, 2012
Most caring and compassionate
Very busy doctor because he is one of the very best. When you do see him, he makes you feel like you are the only patient he has. You aren't rushed and he is so kind and caring. He doesn't want you to hurt. He will do whatever is needed and nothing that isn't. There aren't many like Dr. Fernandez left in the business. His nurses are pretty awesome, too.

April 19th, 2012
Availibility
It's obvious that Dr. Fernandes is an excellent doctor, but I have such a hard time with getting an appointment when I am having a crisis such as dealing with the side effects of my sacral nerve stimulator. As soon as he sees me, I feel like he is truly wanting to fix me, but my sacral nerve implant used for my painful bladder disorder, otherwise known as interstitial cystitus can't meet my needs. I would like to have a way to convey my level of pain and not have to wait over a month for what I feel is an emergency appointment. He is a great doctor and has truly been emotionally and mentally there for me during my appointment. I am in extreme pain right now, so my review may be lower than other days.

August 18th, 2011
I have a very rare disease in my back and had been through 3 surgeries trying to fix it before I met Dr. Fernandez. He sat me down, told me I needed to have a 4th(his first one on me) and that he would be able to help me. I went through the operation and am now doing so much better than I ever was. Every time I go and see him, I feel like the truly cares about me and that I'm not just 'another number' to him. I would highly recommend him to anybody. I'll will actually miss seeing him once I have to stop going. I look forward to the conversations I have with him.

August 17th, 2011
Dr. Fernandez, another neurosurgeon, and a neurologist all diagnosed my condition as occipital neuralgia. My pain had gotten better, and Dr. Fernandez said that he could cure it with two injections in the head. I made the mistake of saying ok. After a couple of days my head pain got terrible and I started vomiting from motion, heat, or noise. After a few months of this I wrote him asking for help. I never got a reply, and the condition still exists.

August 7th, 2008