Dr. Junaid Hashim MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2016
Terrible office and provider. Especially the office...utterly disgusting. Please go elsewhere!

November 20th, 2015
The appointmets are never on time, u have to wait for over an hour to be seen. They do not see you accordng to your appointment time. I had an appoitment for 2pm and didnt leave tll 9pm. Unbeliveable!!

August 11th, 2015
Go anywhere but here
My daughter saw Dr. Hashim and other members of his staff for the last four years. Every time she went to the office we knew it would be at least a three to four hour affair. His staff changes over constantly but the ladies he has working the front desk for him have always been rude and disorganized. When you call the after hours number you are connected to a local college maintenance office. I have told staff and nothing happens. Recently, the doctor my daughter saw left the practice without any notice. Dr. Hashim made no attempt to help connect her with anyone else or even take care of her himself. When we finally did get an appt. it was pulling teeth trying to get the records sent over. They would say, "I am not promising anything." The young man who works there is nice but he is not always there. My daughter finally did get in to see Dr. Hashim to get her meds checked and he was extremely rude, giving her the impression he had no use for her. She left in tears. This occurred after he treated her with at least two longer hospital visits. I really don't understand this man, who has no time for his patients. I can not recommend him.

October 20th, 2014
caregiver
Dr Hashim is not punctual and makes no attempt to be on time. If u have a two thirty appointment plan on being here for 4 hours. He will not show all his hospital rounds come first. The office is dirty and yes I watched bugs cross the floor. If u have kids stay away. Drive further. Do not subject your pets to this!

March 23rd, 2014
Your patient is selling her suboxone to my dad and her name is gabe Rina and I want something done about it or I will take it into my own hands

January 31st, 2013
be careful!
i scheduled an initial appointment with dr. hashim's office just the other day. there was an immediate opening and i took it for the following day. then next day i went, but the doctor they had me see was NOT dr. hashim. it was another doctor working out of the same office. personally i think the young man who i talked to on the phone was high as a kite on marijuana (i know those type of people from my past). since then i've had several miserably frustrating experiences with their office management: they had never heard of a medicare part C plan; they do not return phone calls; they make up lies to avoid calls ("billing doesn't open til noon" -- so i called back at 12:05 "they just went out to lunch; won't be back til 1:15" -- call back at 1:20 -- answering service picks up, has no information what so ever and i never receive a call back through the remainder of the day; all i wanted to know is if they accept my insurance and what to expect as a copay for my visit). I'm assume Dr. Hashim is a wonderful man, if you actually get to see him but i don't know for sure. thankfully, the practitioner i did see was also a good man and i plan to continue with him -- yet i dread futher dealings with their office staff at the maple road location.

January 28th, 2013
please do not listen to the ignorant comments down there!
the reason there is a long wait time is cause he is a good psychiatrist so lots of people see him also he isn't bad at diagnosing the right medication for you but he is accurate actaully TOO accurate i told him strattera increased my anxiety so he gives me a medication for anxiety what i should have told him is i have problems concentrating... also he prescribed me eefexor which is a risky antidepressant to be on and the withdrawal symtoms and side effects are TERRIBLE so if he tries to prescibe you effexor xr please say no you'll be glad you did. listen to people's stories on youtube about effexor xr and you will see what i mean. next time i go to his office i hope he prescibes me some vyvanse or another kind of stimulant ad/hd medication inshallah andyways my advice is if your medication is gving you unwanted side effects but you have another major concern tell him about it and don't mention the side effect unless it's that serious (i just should have asked him if i could take lexapro and a stimulant medication together because lexapro doesn't put me into the kid of misery effexor xr did) alright well thats that hopefully all things go well next time

January 16th, 2013
Longest wait time I've ever experienced...
My experience with this doctor & his office has been different than any other doctor's I've been to. To start with, the woman that works in the office is the rudest receptionist, office assistant or whatever her actual "title" is, that I've ever dealt with. I've seen this with not only myself but the way I've seen her talk to & treat other patients. She is rude on the phone every single time I have had to call. She is also very nasty in person. Personally I feel like I am always inconveniencing her. And when she's not being rude, she ignores you. I have no idea why Dr. Hashim keeps her on his staff. I also don't understand why she even wants to work there considering how horrible she is with people. His son, on the other hand, who also works in his office, is the exact opposite. He is super nice & friendly. He also takes the time to talk to & get to know his father's patients. He is probably one of the main reasons I continue to go there. Now about Dr. Hashim. He is an okay doctor. However, at times, it feels as if he's just going through the motions. In the past year I have noticed that the average wait time is usually 1 hour from your scheduled appointment time. I have become used to this. To conclude this review, I will tell you about my last visit. I should point out that this was my 1st appointment with him at his new location on Maple Road as he had recently re-located his office. I arrived at the office at my scheduled time. By the time I got in to see the doctor, I had sat in the waiting room for 2&1/2 to 3 hours!! As you can probably imagine, I had completely lost my patience at this point & wanted to get in & out as quickly as possible. Five minutes into my visit with him, his personal cell phone rang.. Not only did he answer it while he was supposed be working with me, but he continued to talk to whoever had called for about 5-10 minutes!!! Well once he was done chatting on his cell phone he finally turned his attention back to me, his patient that was sitting right in front of him & my visit was finished within 5 min.. Thank GOD!!! After seeing him, I had to go back to the front desk so they could give me a cup to provide a urine sample & schedule my next monthly appointment. While I stood there waiting, Ms Personality walked back & forth by me, continuing to ignore me several times over the course of about 10-15 minutes. His son was on the phone & already assisting other patients on the other side of the window so I felt that was understandable. When he finished with them, he was the one that actually helped me finish up my appointment by giving me what I needed to provide my sample & scheduled my next appointment. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this doctor to anyone of my family or friends. If you can find another doctor to suit your needs, take that route. The only reason I continue to see Dr. Hashim is that I would be on a waiting list anywhere else from 6 months up to 2 years based on the treatment & program I need. Oh yea, and like I said before, his son is very good at what he does so it's nice to see him & talk with him once a month.

September 12th, 2009
Takes care of all problems
Dr. Junaid Hashim took care of all my depressive issues and substance abuse. He does the suboxone program and really cares for his patients. They always make accomodations and no problems with giving appointments.

January 6th, 2017