Dr. Jung Choe MD Patient Reviews

2.3

February 8th, 2016
Disrespectful "Doctor"
One of the most disrespectful, unprofessional people, let alone doctors, I have EVER encountered. Don't waste your time.

March 17th, 2015
Incompetant
I’ve never written a review, but felt compelled to do so with Cooper. Considering how much time, money and most importantly, emotional stamina it takes to do multiple rounds of IVF, this office seriously lacks professionalism. Dr. Check and Choe maybe “brilliant doctors”, but they certainly do not take the time to review your chart before meeting with you- which leads to procedures and tests that do not necessarily have to be performed. Their nurse staff is a complete joke- they completely rush you off the phone and do not take the time to answer questions. Every staff member I have encountered is completely unfriendly and useless. If you are paying out of pocket- I highly recommend you proceed with caution. Take notes and be your own advocate- push back, ask questions and simply be informed. Dr. Choe is indecisive, will push for procedures and confuse you with other patients.

November 18th, 2014
Dr. Choe and Cooper Institute
I have been trying to get pregnant since 2001. I have been to many IVF centers, many here in Florida and then Cooper in NJ. I consider myself an expert with IVF as I have gone through (8) IVF cycles, some fresh some frozen. I can state without a doubt that Dr. Choe is an outstanding doctor and an expert in her field. It is because of her that I am now a proud mother of a beautiful (3) year old son born in 2011, after many years of trying. I have had multiple procedures with her and have never had an issue. I can also say that the staff at Cooper is a well oiled machine, they are efficient and they have got their stuff together. I can compare them to other places and while no one is perfect, and many folks have a bad day, they are the best. As an out of town patient I will be going once again to NJ to entrust them with the last remaining embryos I have, and I have all the confidence in the world in Dr. Choe and the Cooper Instutite.

May 6th, 2014
Difficult Embryo Transfer
Dr. Check, MD PhD, is without doubt a brilliant and dedicated scientist physician. After a fabulous consult with Dr. Check, we were turned over to Dr. Choe. She was difficult to understand, and she obviously had difficulty understanding us. She was abrupt and seemed uncaring about our problem, but we were there for the expertise of the Cooper team, not for a warm and considerate environment. Embryo transfer with Dr. Choe was extremely difficult despite a mock transfer. Our GC was in agony during the entire 30 minute transfer procedure. Dr. Choe removed the speculum several times, and tried several different catheters. It is critically important to success to have an efficient transfer. The uterus must not be irritated and the endometrium must not be punctured. Unfortunately for us this was not the case. We are very disappointed with her performance. For someone with so many years of experience she should not conduct embryo transfer like a novice.

September 12th, 2013
STAY AWAY FROM JUNG CHOE
Put quite simply Jung Choe is incompetent. She became confused about our case, could not seem to follow our medical history, and did not understand our clear explanations. Furthermore, she does not care to learn anything new. She does not grasp the basic concepts of immunology, which is very important to our case. It was a complete waste of time seeing her. Unfortunately we proceeded through a cycle. After several mistakes, including the wrong med dosage instructions, twice, we were not surprised we did not get a pregnancy. There were multiple mix ups in instructions given in the call-backs, and she reversed herself several times in critical decisions. Then she blamed our eggs, which didn't make sense, they were good at our previous clinic. Cooper is a disaster; if you haven't heard about the fire they had in their lab last year, which destroyed critical items, apparently including a liquid nitrogen tank containing frozen embryos, you are hearing about it now. Some staff admit to this, others are covering-up. My advice is stay away from Jung Choe and Cooper.

March 16th, 2012
Dr Choe is a joke
We tried to IVF multiple time with Dr. Choe and Cooper and were beat down each and every visit by their complete incompetence and her stupidity. The other doctors decided we needed to go through her, as the chief surgical expert, to remove an ovarian cist and fibroids before we could move forward. She decided that surgery was absolutely necessary, but at the last minute panicked and backed out, sending us to another surgeon instead.Once recovered, we began our consultations with her to move forward, and she never had our medical file during our consult. A couple of times she actually referred to another patient's chart while discussing our situation. We actually had to stop her and remind her who we were.She also kept mixing up her facts and we had to correct her. She and her staff are extremely dismissive and at times just plain rude.It got so bad that at a crucial point in the cycle they gave our egg donor the wrong instructions. One employee admitted the error to us, but those in charge later covered their tracks by telling us they gave the correct instructions but the donor screwed up.We finally left cooper, almost broke and completed distressed. We finally built up the willingness, and the money to try again at another IVF facility.If you are thinking about IVF, run far from Cooper to a place that actually has professionals who know the emotional struggle that we go through and actually show compassion and empathy. You will be much better off.

August 1st, 2008
Best doctor
She is the best doctor. She is teamed with Dr.Check who is another gem. Its two geniuses extending their expert help.