Dr. Jung Yoo MD Patient Reviews

no change

December 21st, 2016
Awesome doctor

October 31st, 2015
Wonderful surgeon and sweet bedside manner
He saved my life

September 11th, 2015
Dr. Yoo, Gifted Surgeon and Educator
After 2 unsuccessful back surgeries in my home town, and having been told no surgeries could be done for my severe osteoarthritis, among other problems, Dr. Yoo performed a 7-level fusion. I have a 95% reduction in pain. Two years later, he removed osteophytes at C-2 thru T-1, removing all neck pain.

July 26th, 2015
Dr. Yoo does a good job of explaining things in layman's terms. He is calm and empathetic and gives no indication that he has anywhere else to be.

June 8th, 2015
I had utmost confidence in Dr. Yoo. He performed just as he said he would by attention to detail and a accurate understanding of my condition.

June 21st, 2012
Great surgeon
I was referred to Dr. Yoo, for a consultation regarding possible neck surgery. I was very scared about this referral. After meeting with him, my fears were eased.He thoroughly explained what needed to be done, and why. He was very patient with me.

February 29th, 2012
Fantastic Doctor!
I have suffered with horrible neck pain for over 40 years and not one of the MANY doctors or therapists I saw could end the pain. I had surgery 20 years ago that left me in more pain. Dr. Yoo and his team quickly worked together like a well oiled machine and got me in for surgery that has been wildly successful! I never expected such wonderful results and simply can't say enough about the professional, reassuring, talented team at OHSU. You can't do better than Dr. Yoo!

June 1st, 2011
The doctor explained my condition in a way that I understood. I feel the my future spine care is in good hands. I had a much better experience this time than my first time which I posted on Apr 7th, 2001. I think it was more of communication problem with the staff and myself on getting back in for a follow-up and the doctor spent more time making sure that I understood.

April 8th, 2011
Beside manner was not good, he didn't explain his opinion at all except that I would get worse. He had me pay for a CT scan and xrays and never did a followup. I called and let them know I still didn't get a follow up on the results. Now I have to find a second opinion to have someone talk to me as I have a broken rod in my back and really need to know what to do.

October 9th, 2010
When I first saw Dr. Yoo he said he could help me and i would feel a lot better in 6 months. I did not because the fusion did not work. He went in and added screws to hold everything together and said he was hopeful that this surgery would fix it. He put the wrong size screw in my neck and it sat on a nerve so he had to go in take it out and replace the screws with wires. It has been almost 6 months since my last surgery I went in 2 days ago for my appointment. He told me everything was looking good. When I asked him why I was still not able to lift over 12 pounds he said "Is it that you don't want to or that you can't" Well of course its that I cant or I wouldn't be saying anything. Then he told me that now I have arthritis in my neck and just chop it up to bad luck but we are done now your neck is all better I no longer need to see you. Well, not better for me Dr. Yoo.

August 9th, 2008
I've been a patient of Dr. Yoo's for many years.
He will answer all your questions thoroughly and give you the best advice regarding your spinal condition.