Otolaryngologists
3324 Colorado Blvd
Ste 103
Denton, TX 76210
940-891-1788
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

by RD on Apr 18th, 2014

I had the best service a medical office can offer absolutely the best . Dr Defreitas was just great and I have not felt as great as I do now for years. I am not giving Dr Defreitas 5 stars Iam giving him 100 starts...I feel great an enjoying my new heathy life. Thank you Dr. Defreitas

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Lynda on Apr 4th, 2014

I absolutely had the best experience. Doctor DeFreitas was just great and he could dignosed me just right he made me feel comfortable. .Like his Referral coordinator at his office Sandi told me when she called me to scheduled appointment. ..she was confidentfon her doctor and made me feel confident in Dr De Freitas also.. Best call I had. I was glad I wen t to see doctor De Freitas..looking forward to my surgery and have a normal life.

by JS on Sep 22nd, 2013

I had a wonderful experience and so far I feel wonderful after my surgery. Nurse Sandy is definitely very caring and sweet person that has lost of trust and faith in her doctor from the very first time I called to make an appointment and from the very first time I walked in Dr. Defreitas office I received nothing but excellent service. Nurse Jennifer and business manager were also very nice and helpful, business manager took care of all my insurance questions and benefits, making it an easy process. Dr. Defreitas does need to be friendlier and even try to smile more, He comes across as being unhappy and mad but he is a great doctor that thanks to him I feel a lot better now after my surgery. Thank you

|  Not Impressed or Comforted  |  show details
by A. Rhodes on Aug 30th, 2013

I never write reviews and I'm a pretty forgiving person. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt as opposed to obsessing over their behavior. But, this office is pretty annoying. They don't welcome patients or take the time to explain what procedures they are about to do. The assistant was poking around my head, sticking things in my ears, and manipulating my neck around without even saying "hi", introducing herself, or telling me at all what she was doing. Dr. DeFreitas himself barely spoke to me, didn't smile or greet me once, I even tried to shake his hand and he just stared at my chart instead. I went back for a follow up test but results were not returned to me until I finally called back myself, left a message, then called back again hours later. He never took the time to explain to me his diagnosis or treatments at all. I am used to doctors who 1. treat me like a person and 2. have some social skills. I feel horrible even writing these things but I am just really disappointed in my treatment.

Mar 19th, 2013

The Doctor had a bad bed side manner, and couldn't answer any of my questions. He didn't seem to care about treating my symptoms, and couldn't answer any questions. His Nurse was wonderful, but Dr. De-Freitas only cares about getting paid.

|  First visit and minor office surgery  |  show details
by Marti S. on Mar 5th, 2013

Very adept physician. Excellent bedside manners. Listens well and is thorough. As a clinician, I appreciate the precise manner in which he performed a minor surgical procedure on my eardrums. I would highly recommend this physician to adults and children as well. He is excellent.

|  Apthous ulcer  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

After Dr. DeFreites entered the exam room, he looked in my ears, up my nose, and in my mouth/throat. His diagnosis took about 2 minutes, and when he had announced the diagnosis, he made motions to leave the room. He provided no more information than answers to the questions I asked. I was still asking him questions as we both proceeded to the check-out counter. I felt very much like I was inconveniencing him by asking him questions. Although I do believe his diagnosis is correct, no matter how quick it was, I also believe, based on his lack of outward friendliness and evident unwillingness to spend more than a couple of minutes with me, that he is perhaps bored with what he does and views it as nothing but a paycheck (and I'm guessing a pretty big one judging by the brand new Mercedes parked in one of the two closest-to-the-building spots marked "Physicial Only"). Happy for the diagnosis, but very unhappy with his bedside manner. Judging by the other reviews on here and by my experience today, I will DEFINITELY seek out another opinion regarding the necessity of a tonsillectomy.

|  Solved a problem no one else could  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

Dr. DeFreitas took care of my ear when no one else could. I had seen both primary care and another ENT and was told there was nothing wrong. Dr. DeFreitas performed a simple procedure in his office and my ear was cured. I highly recommend him.

Apr 7th, 2012

Rushes through exam. Not friendly.

|  Excellent health care with excellent service  |  show details
by Nancy Cochran on Oct 25th, 2009

Dr. Defreitas is an excellent diagnostician and surgeon. He does not run tests that are unnecessary nor does he prescribe treatments that are unnecessary. His office visit wait time is the SHORTEST I have ever experienced. I highly recommend him.

|  Horrible  |  show details
by Rikki on Oct 20th, 2009

The office staff for Dr. De Freitas is extremely unprofessional and very unkind. I dreaded walking into each of his appointments because the lady at the front was always rude.I had surgery for a deviated septum Oct. 2008 and to this day am still having problems. I cant breathe out of my nostrils; headaches are painful, constant pressure, always feel stopped up, no drainage and pain throughout my entire face and head. Every time I chew it is painful. It almost feels like parts of my skull are detached. Dr. De Freitas has the worst bed side manners and has absolutely no compassion for his patients nor does he even listen to them. It seems all he wants is a persons money. I would NEVER recommend him to any person!! I do not respect him as a doctor in any way.