Dr. Juris Shibayama MD Patient Reviews

• 9 reviews

February 14th, 2017
Went from Misery to Activity
Dr. Shibayama was so great with lumbar spine repair that I went back after injuring my cervical spine. Have recommended him to anyone I know in need. He is thorough and explains what you need to know to help you make the decisions for your care.

February 7th, 2017
A fabulous surgeon
I am a critical care RN and can be picky when it comes to my physicians. This surgeon met and exceeded any of my expectations. My surgery was one of the easiest things I have ever gone through. My pain and numbness was significant when I met him. Today I am pain free. I knew I had chosen the right surgeon when he held my hand and prayed with and for me just before the surgery was done. He personally phoned me to check on me when I got back home. I would proudly and confidently recommend him to my closest friends.

February 29th, 2016
best
I have DDD and have had multiple surgeries 4 of my 5 dr shibayama has done. He is professional, has great beside matters and is amazingly skilled. He also kept fighting for a surgery I needed but insurance kept denying. After switching insurance I was able to have my bilateral si joint fusion. I no longer am suffering with severe low back pain and everytime I have surgery he always makes sure to personally call me to see how I am doing and addresses my concerns. Im grateful to have found him after I had my first surgery (wasn't happy with surgery in Nashville by Vanderbilt~different physician) Thanks to him I will be able to live life a whole lot easier and in a lot less pain!!!!!

February 15th, 2016
I had back surgery almost 2 years ago by this dr. You will never see or meet a kinder surgeon. The most encouraging thing was we all held hands and prayed before I was put to sleep.

December 1st, 2015
One of the best Doctors you'll ever meet. Awesome

September 14th, 2015
This doctor is the best of all I've seen in the last 5 years. can't say enough good things about him.

January 9th, 2011
i had surgery and Dr. Shibayama Was fine. i already knew what i was going to have to have done. i had the surgery and i was stil having problems. I am Still having Problems. and cannot see him because i can not pay i lost my job and hve not found one that i can do. so here i am no job no unemployment no disability nothing. Well all i got to say is i cant pay him

September 24th, 2010
My surgery with the doc
This surgeon is incredible. His performance in correcting my ruptured disc was flawless. I feel great and would reccommend him for any future needs.

July 6th, 2009
He just doesn't listen
I was sent to Dr. Shibayama with severe neck and arm pain. Initially I was impressed with him-that is until I was sent for a closed MRI. We had discussed that I required an open MRI due to extreme anxiety and fear of closed spaces. When I called the office to get another appointment I was treated like it was an inconvienence to them to reshedule even though it was due to THEIR mistake. I had to reschedule my appointment with the Dr. When I returned for my MRI results Dr. Shibayama informed me that my left arm could NOT be hurting-it had to be my right. He went so far as to ask me to show him which hand was my left and which was my right. I'm not an idiot, I know my left from my right and I know where I feel pain. I also know that I will NEVER be back to this office which lacks professionalism and respect for the patients and their time.