Some ratings provided by DrScore.
best show details best
by peggy on Feb 29th, 2016

I have DDD and have had multiple surgeries 4 of my 5 dr shibayama has done. He is professional, has great beside matters and is amazingly skilled. He also kept fighting for a surgery I needed but insurance kept denying. After switching insurance I was able to have my bilateral si joint fusion. I no longer am suffering with severe low back pain and everytime I have surgery he always makes sure to personally call me to see how I am doing and addresses my concerns. Im grateful to have found him after I had my first surgery (wasn't happy with surgery in Nashville by Vanderbilt~different physician) Thanks to him I will be able to live life a whole lot easier and in a lot less pain!!!!!

Feb 15th, 2016

I had back surgery almost 2 years ago by this dr. You will never see or meet a kinder surgeon. The most encouraging thing was we all held hands and prayed before I was put to sleep.

by DARREN CHAFFIN on Dec 1st, 2015

One of the best Doctors you'll ever meet. Awesome

by M.J.H. on Sep 14th, 2015

This doctor is the best of all I've seen in the last 5 years. can't say enough good things about him.

Jan 9th, 2011

i had surgery and Dr. Shibayama Was fine. i already knew what i was going to have to have done. i had the surgery and i was stil having problems. I am Still having Problems. and cannot see him because i can not pay i lost my job and hve not found one that i can do. so here i am no job no unemployment no disability nothing. Well all i got to say is i cant pay him

My surgery with the doc show details My surgery with the doc
Sep 24th, 2010

This surgeon is incredible. His performance in correcting my ruptured disc was flawless. I feel great and would reccommend him for any future needs.

He just doesn't listen show details He just doesn't listen
by BLM on Jul 6th, 2009

I was sent to Dr. Shibayama with severe neck and arm pain. Initially I was impressed with him-that is until I was sent for a closed MRI. We had discussed that I required an open MRI due to extreme anxiety and fear of closed spaces. When I called the office to get another appointment I was treated like it was an inconvienence to them to reshedule even though it was due to THEIR mistake. I had to reschedule my appointment with the Dr. When I returned for my MRI results Dr. Shibayama informed me that my left arm could NOT be hurting-it had to be my right. He went so far as to ask me to show him which hand was my left and which was my right. I'm not an idiot, I know my left from my right and I know where I feel pain. I also know that I will NEVER be back to this office which lacks professionalism and respect for the patients and their time.