Dr. Justin Fontenot MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 20th, 2017
Knowledgable MD
Yes, the office is busy but he is THE best in the area. There are very few GOOD Endocrinologist around. As a nurse, I understand how crazy an office can be so it didn't bother me. It's so worth the wait to see him. He's so good at what he does and takes the time to LISTEN and ask questions.

June 14th, 2016
Poor scheduling, Poor follow-up, Confusion about diagnosis.
Had to wait 1.5 hours from appointment time before seeing doctor for first time, then had to wait for phlebotomist to return from downstairs for blood-work. Called for blood-work results after one week and they didn't remember they were waiting on them. Also, much confusion about diagnosis and rescheduling. Staff can't get my name correct so problems with insurance claims. I am getting a second opinion and will switch doctors.

November 23rd, 2015
Patient
They are so slow it's like they move backwards. Never come here for lab work. Office staff is rude and you will be waiting for over an hour no matter what you are here for. Switching doctors ASAP.

October 8th, 2015
Sorry to sound so unprofessional here, but he is just darling.

August 11th, 2015
Great Doctor, but over crowed with patients
I love Dr Fontenot, but I do not like that he has some many patients that it is hard to get an appointment, if you need to see him before your scheduled follow up appt. As a thyroid cancer patient I was a little upset after my last visit when I was told that my next appt. would be in 2 years, and that my PCP could monitor my thyroid blood levels.

March 22nd, 2015
Horrible
Referred by PMD for osteo meds. Took a while to get an apt. Found out during initial visit, thyroid goiter with multiple nodules. Osteo intervention was appropriate but took a while, and some confusion with getting appt for infusion. Gave MD all symptoms and informed of pending osteo surgery. He made recommendation to "get off" prescribed meds.....only saw me once, been on these meds for 2 yrs by my PMD. Thyroid biopsy came back undetermined. No recommendation for another test, or for starting thyroid meds for goiter. Many many symptoms associated with goiter...first being dysphasia and on and on. The staff were grouchy, rolling eyes when one of them would talk. Could hear them fuss about answering their phone. Office is disgusting. Dingy, dark, extremely small waiting area, cramped, NO sound barrier between walls, I know all about the patients in rooms next to me, and no attempt by staff to protect privacy. And the receptionist up front......? That a story in itself. EXTREMELY rude, ignores you when you are at desk, answers the phone talking before it even hits her ear, when calling for lab results she insists it takes over a week, and don't call until then, no offer to give a message. And what the hec is up with her lips.....what an impression SHE makes....... The one person I would recommend in this office is the NP. She is very kind, apologized several times for the office mistakes that were made regarding my appts, seemed interested in my symptoms, and prescribed medication. She needs to get out of that office. It will just bring her down. And watch out if you have an apt......the driveway has a HUGE pothole that you have to dodge if you're not in a truck.

February 19th, 2015
Sincere
Listens to what I have to say. Works hard to find solutions for condition.

July 21st, 2014
Crazy below statement
Dr Fontenot is a very good doctor, he listens, he explains, he does all he can. Failure is in the staff, no returned calls, no scripts called in, and NO you have to have a referral unlike the below comment.

March 29th, 2014
Awesome
Dr. Fontenot is an absolutely wonderful doctor. He actually listens to what you have to say and works with you to find out what is happening. He does require your physician to send over a referral, which makes sense as he is not a Family Practice doctor. I have had many issues and he never hesitates to send me out for any testing or consults with other physicians to determine what is wrong with me. He is always willing to give you samples if he has your medication, which helps save money as well. He is one of the few doctors that I totally trust with my health.

March 27th, 2014
Their motto should be, "Let's make things difficult"
I was recently diagnosed with a pituitary tumor and received a referral to Endocrinology from my neurosurgeon. I called Dr. Fontenot's office to schedule and was told that they would not schedule without a referral. The scheduler refused the referral that I had and informed me that the referral must be faxed in by the physician only. I called my neurosurgeon with the fax number and contact given to me by Dr. Fontenot's scheduler and they tried for most of the day to fax, but the number was always busy. Dr. Fontenot's office gave me an alternate fax number when I called back and the referral faxed by my neurosurgeon finally went through. I waited a day and did not hear back from Dr. Fontenot's office to schedule so I called again. This time the scheduler told me that all referrals must be called in by the referring physician and faxes were not acceptable. She could not find the fax that was sent in by my neurosurgeon and was doing her best to blow me off. Well it worked. I called another Endocrinologist with excellent ratings and had my appointment in less than 5 minutes.

March 26th, 2013
Called his office and left a message to make an appt. Almost a week later, no return call from his office. I called again only to be told that you can only get an appt if you are referred by another doctor. What happens when your PCP thinks they are doing a good job and won't refer you? There are lots of other doctors in Lafayette who are willing to help all patients!

August 19th, 2012
Suggested irreversible solution as first line tx.
Diagnosed me correctly, recommended irreversible solution as first line of tx without informing me of other options.