Dr. Justin Maccarthy MD, FRCSC Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2017
believes he is gods wrath
poor outcome

May 23rd, 2017
incompetent
ruined my life health and future his practice of unconventional procedures ruined my health he is not to be trusted in ear care

February 1st, 2017
ruined my friends life severed a muscle behind the ear and caused permanent damage consulted a plastic surgeon to fix the problem and said it cant be fixed he is a butcher so don't go to him for any medical treatment

April 28th, 2016
Excellent care received from initial visit, through my surgery and now as I recover. Great patient treating, excellent bedside manner. Would highly recommend.

March 25th, 2015
I can't rave enough about Dr. MacCarthy. Long story short, I developed a month-long nasty ear infection over the winter and tried to find relief through a local urgent care clinic, my family physician, and finally at the ER. That's 3 doctors over the course of 3 weeks. I ended up having a ruptured ear drum along with an ear totally plugged with pus- I honestly thought I had lost some of my hearing. Plus it didn't help that my family physician acted like it was the most terrible thing she had ever seen yet wouldn't refer me to a specialist. After seeing my family physician on Friday, and my ear infection becoming worse by Sunday, I went to the ER. In the ER that Sunday night, the PA recommended Dr. MacCarthy. She told me to call first thing Monday morning, which I did. They scheduled me for an appointment about 4 hours later on that day. I saw the Dr., and he cleaned my ear right out. He prescribed me an oral antibiotic as well as some antibiotic ear drops- FINALLY, I HAD SOME RELIEF! I could hear for the first time in a week! I went back a week later for a hearing test and my hearing was thankfully not damaged at all from all that my ear had been through. Dr. MacCarthy is very thorough, personable, and really makes you feel as though you're getting the best care you can get. I'm so thankful I decided to go to the ER because she referred me here.

February 13th, 2015
Save your time and $$
If there were a way to give him 0 stars I would. If you think going to Clearfield to see and ENT would be better than Dr. Roscoe in DuBois, don't waste your time. Go somewhere else. This office was TERRIBLE! The staff is completely impersonal, the whole facility is badly outdated, and trying to get any cooperation from them is futile. I had one appointment for a very simple situation and it was completely horrifying. I do not believe the Dr. has any interest in patients other than $$$. Like any doc you spend more time filling out paperwork so there is no way out of paying their ridiculous fees and more time in the waiting room for the doc to spend all of about 5 minutes asking questions and checking boxes on a paper before ordering more tests and making sure you have an appointment to come back and spend some more money. Spend the extra time and money and go see a "real" ENT in either State College or Altoona. I had a scheduled appointment and waited well over an hour past my appointed time with NO explanation given other than "it was busy".

August 9th, 2012
Fantastic! He takes time, listens and doesn't rush tooperate. He provides guidance and very good directions.I would highly recommend Dr. MacCarthy in a highly specialized field. He stays up to date by taking seminarsand attending medical conferences, and giving seminars.Wonderful physician/surgeon!

April 21st, 2017