Overall Review

August 16th, 2016
Not my cup of tea

May 26th, 2016
Very pleased.
I was very happy with my visit with Dr Montanye. I felt he took the time to understand my issues, and listened well. I never felt rushed. He took time to explain test results and and possible causes/diagnosis. One of the best experiences with a doc in a long time. Highly recommend

December 16th, 2015
After I called after what the wonderful staff considered an emergency and he was to call me back same day TWICE after once having another small seizure and then after having a reaction to the seizure medication I was on, he failed to call me. I had to call next day, only to have him be rude, completely silent and not answer any of my questions and almost a bother like I was interrupting his breakfast. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE!! GO TO YALE... I'm scared enough and this man had me in tears!

January 20th, 2012
A great, down to earth neurologist!
Dr. Montanye is now at a practice located at MidState in Meriden, CT. I have been suffering from migraines for years, but had never seen a neurologist before.Dr. Montanye has been awesome. He takes his time, listening to all of my questions and answering all of my questions in a language I can understand. He also asks me a lot of questions, so I really feel like he's doing a thorough assessment. He hasn't given up on my headaches. I see him every couple of months, and he is proactive about trying different therapies that might work better than the last. He has been very committed to improving my condition.I never feel rushed with Dr. Montanye, and getting appointments have not been impossible. He is very easy to talk to, and is extremely down to earth. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a neurologist : )

April 5th, 2011
Excellent and caring doctor. He really knows what he is doing and takes the time to answer all questions. Young but excellent.

March 16th, 2011
Mixed bag with the personal - but stick with him for the medical!
I'm guilty of wanting it all - the genius doctor who can also carry on a conversation while not worrying you or making you wait for results or in the waiting room.Here's the deal with Dr. Montanye - he's a younger chap and if you're like me, you'd expect to see him behind a computer screen - not in front of patients. He also has a long, long ponytail.But he is a great doctor, smart with drugs, young in age and prospective, very respected in the community, well connected and very good at what he does. He went to great schools too. I've been all over (due to the fact that I've lived all over) and I'd place him in my top 3 picks for his med special.Plus, even a standard office visit of 10 minutes x once a week or month or six months is worth a little stiff silence for good care. Those are my two cents. Good luck, happy health & cheers!

June 7th, 2010
Great doctor
Dr. Montanye was really nice, and helped me sooo much with my headaches!

April 29th, 2010
Not a good diagnostician
Seemingly uninterested and unwilling to take time needed to diagnose. Unable to recognize toxic reaction to pain medication.