Dr. Justin Reckard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 27th, 2016
Recommended unnecessary surgical procedure
I had been receiving skelrotherapy injections for a hemorrhoid for years prior to moving to Palm Springs area and it was effective in controlling discomfort and swelling. Unable to locate a doctor in the desert who worked under this protocol I was open to a fresh perspective when I made an appointment with Dr. Reckard. He suggested rubber banding the hemorrhoids but after the exam said they were too small for that treatment and suggested fiber supplements and sitz baths - excellent advice for a first time hemorrhoid sufferer, but hardly news to someone under treatment for 20 years. A wasted doctor's visit for the hemorrhoid treatment. I also had noticed a few small bumps in the rim of the anus in the shower that day which I had felt while showering a few times before and called the doctor's attention to them. Dr. Reckard said since they didn't look familiar to him he wanted to remove and biopsy the little bumps. In a surgery center. With me under general anesthesia. The more I considered this, the more it seemed odd to undergo the risk, expense and hassle of general anesthesia at a surgery center to remove a few small skin tags, when it seemed like a simple in-office dermatological procedure. And within two days, the small bumps all but vanished. I postponed the procedure and made an appointment with a skin cancer specialist. The dermatologist saw NOTHING to be concerned about, let alone biopsy. I am not certain what would have happened once I was unconscious and face down on an operating table with nothing viable to biopsy. But very glad I put a halt to this procedure and got a second opinion.

April 5th, 2016
Fistula
I had a fistula between my colon and bladder. It was nasty. I chose Dr. Rickard and his skills with Di Vinci. The surgery lasted 5 hours and when I came to, Dr. Rickard was looking down upon me. I am three weeks out from having major surgery and I am out hitting golf balls. This is the way to go. There is no doubt in my mind.

January 20th, 2014
! JUST THE BEST!!!!!!!
we cant say enough about this wonderful man and doctor! He was kind, sympathetic, patient, understanding and answered all our questions.He seems to be an expert in his field and was recommended to us by hospital staff. He has saved our mom! 10000 stars to this angel of a doctor!!!!!!!!!

October 3rd, 2013
Exceptional Surgeon
Went to EMC ER after a previous botched surgery that didn't need to be done and had developed an infection internally. Out was latte but her showed up quickly, explained CT findings and said he would investigate laproscopically and proceed from there rather than just 'gutting' me. As it turned out I had peritonitis from the previous failed surgery. He informed me prior to surgery of the possible outcome, so when I awoke, I was not as distressed to find I had an illestomy and was lucky to be alive. My hospital stay was lengthy due to secondary infect from peritonitis but that to was addressed and I got to start a little longer. I thank everyone at EMC for their wonderful and compassionate care but can not say enough about Dr. Justin Reckard's skill, beside manner and overall character. He has continued to go over and BEYOND what would normally be the standard of care in today's unfortunate medical care structure.

June 26th, 2013
Patient and Accounting Manager for Las Casuelas Nuevas
I had surgery for reoccurring ventral hernias. I have had two open surgeries in three years. I switched surgeons and Dr. Reckard the new surgeon went in without completely opening me up again. No one believed me nor could the ct scans see what he found with the scope. He corrected all my issues that had caused years of pain. I am 7 weeks post op and feel better than I did a year after my last surgery. Great doctor and if you are looking for a skilled,compassionate surgeon see Dr. Reckard in Ranch Mirage, CA. Thank-you God for finding the man for me and thank-you Dr. Reckard.

June 23rd, 2013
Surgeon Mentor!
If Dr. Justin Reckard MD is as experienced as his father C. R. Reckard MD He will be a great surgeon! Anonymous!