Dr. Justin Saliman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 31st, 2014
My Experience
My experience with Dr Saliman was not great. I read not so good reviews on here but when you are having hip problems you want if fixed so bad that you will try anything. Scheduling and the actual practice were fine in my experience. But as for Dr Saliman he doesnt really listen to what you are telling him. Let me just say this also for those who are going to him. BEFORE the operation he is responsive and its all about getting the operation scheduled. Get that money from your insurance company. I was diagnosed with Femoral Accetabular Impingement (FAI) and have seen other doctors since him. Apparently FAI is the "in thing" now to diagnose people with. I knew within 2 weeks of having the surgery that it didnt fix my issue. Basically after waiting 12 months of recovery time and telling him he hasnt fixed the issue its now worse then when I first came in he basically said "Well maybe you should go see another Doctor". So after thousands of dollars and 12 months Ive actually gone backwards in recovery. Im sure he has fixed other peoples issues but get second opinions guys because he will NOT guarantee his work. Just operate on what he thinks it is and afterwards if it didnt fix your issue "oh well see someone else". Also be prepared to hear the words come from his mouth "Well I dont care what you do.. do what you want" when you trying to explain how the hip feels. Basically talking to you like you dont know what youre talking about. No doctor should EVER say to you "I dont care what you do". The reason I had surgery is because I thought you cared about me and getting my hip fixed. The fact that its not fixed may just mean that you need to go an extra step in helping me resolve the issue. Medical industry is the only industry I know of that can charge you thousands of dollars and not actually produce a result.

April 29th, 2013
I would give this doctor (?) Justin Saliman O star, if i could. I brought my father that had a tear on his shoulder blade and was in a great pain to see him as an emergency visit. He did not ask him to get undressed to see his hand, nor did he had patience to answer our questions! After the second visit, and some testings he scheduled an operation without even asking if my father had any other medical problems to be under two hours general anesthesia! We had the second opinion, from a nice Dr, who said that the surgery was not necessary, and physiotherapy with some exercises would help my dad at his age. Its been over a month and my father is feeling 50% better. Being an ethical person I would not promote the other Doctor on this Google review page, but I will definitely leave 5 stars review on his page. I hope Mr. Saliman reads this review and draws some conclusion to how to treat his other patients.

March 30th, 2013
Dr Saliman is a skilled & talented orthopedist who is innovating new ideas & techniques for the best of the patient.

March 5th, 2013
truly great doctor
He operated on my hip 3 months ago and I feel amazing! He was very caring and I would highly recommend him.

June 27th, 2012
Peahen
I have seen Dr. Saliman for 2 years, had shoulder and hip surgery, he is a specialist in Orthoscopic surgery, he is friendly, professional, less than ...

April 13th, 2012
A terrific experience
I had been suffering with a badly torn rotator cuff for over 2 years when I saw Dr. Salliman. He explained the procedure to me, answered all my questions, and was always prompt in seeing me. I called him once on a Saturday night and spoke to him within 10 minutes. It is 5 months later and my shoulder is 95%. I would strongly recommend him.

April 3rd, 2012
what happened??
Will not call back, surgery problems. Going to another surgeon.

August 2nd, 2011
Several months after surgery and I haven't been able to get Dr. Saliman to return one phone call. I was not ever called to follow up after surgery. Sheila is one of the most uncaring medical staff I have ever dealt with. I would have chosen a different doctor had I known there would be no follow-up care.

June 14th, 2011
Patien's mother
My son had a soulder surgery 1 year ago with Dr. Charles Moon. It was absolutely unsuccesful. He had multiple dislocations after the surgery. We were very happy to meet Dr.Saliman. He performed another surgery. He was always available for us after surgery. Even being on vacation, he was returning phone calls immediately. My son feels great now, able to exersice and perform 100% his daily activities.Thank you very much, Dr.Saliman!!!

May 11th, 2011
Worst bedside manner ever!
I was thrilled to be referred to Dr. Saliman by my former orthopedist when he correctly diagnosed me with a torn labrum on my hip. However, after the initial consultation he showed very little interest in ansewring my questions or helping now 3 months after my surgery helping me to understand why I still have so much pain. He seemed only interested in defending his surgery. After waiting for 45 minutes when Dr. Saliman came in, and I told him I still had pain in my hip, his response was that I seemed to be upset. When I asked him if I could go back to yoga he basically said I should do what I want. When I asked him if I should see him again, he again said do what you want. Very unhelpful. I thought it was strange that he did not want to see me until 3 months after the surgery and now I know why. He could not be less interested in the result! I'm definitely getting a second opinion. And his office assistant Sheila is extremely nasty.

May 10th, 2011
Torn hip labrum
Every one in his office and who assisted with surgery was exception. With the exception of Shelia, she was surgery coordinator and receptionist. She had no sense of urgency. Two time I called to speak with dr after surgery, 2 times she did not get message to dr saliman.The surgery appears to be a success once month post op, will be getting shoulder done next month

April 25th, 2011
Avoid this man.
This man is young, arrogant, and does not know how to listen or process information. His main concern is self-aggrandizement. His flippant recommendations were useless and unempathic.