Overall Review

November 28th, 2016
I had hernia surgery as an outpatient on November 9, 2016 and my outcome has been excellent. My problem appears to be corrected with remarkably little discomfort or downtime. The doctor explains well, fields questions and shows respect. His staff is attentive and warm. The experience could not have been better.

September 22nd, 2016
What a relief!
I was referred to Dr. Steele for gallbladder removal, and when I had my first appointment I was in severe pain. I was so relieved when he told me I would have surgery the next day. He explained everything and made me feel at ease. He really cares for his patients. He called me back the same day when I had a question about an incision a week after the surgery (even though it was not an emergency). He also took the time to fill out my FMLA paperwork right then and there at my follow up appointment. The waiting room is a bit hectic and there was a long wait time at my first appointment. However the receptionist offered everyone in the waiting area juice when things quieted down because she knew people were waiting a long time, which was really sweet of her. I would highly recommend Dr. Steele. The team in the hospital that checked in on me was also great.

July 21st, 2016
Dr Steele was amazing in helping me with my issue and getting it fixed right away. Not one complaint about him or his staff. Everyone I spoke with helped out in anyway I needed.

November 22nd, 2015
Dr' Steele is the Best!
Dr. Steele is one of the most caring and professional physicians I have ever met.. He takes his with me each time I visit and addresses all of my questions and concerns. I never feel as though he is in a hurry to move on to his next patient. He is a rare and humane individual. I have never experienced the kind of care and attention he gives and feel fortunate to have met him. I will recommend him and his office staff to anyone who might need his services.

November 18th, 2015
Laparpscopy and Robotic Surgery
The staff were extremely pleasant and the nurse explained the procedure clearly. Met with Dr Steele and he was very helpful, explaining the procedure and arranging to do the surgery on a date that worked for me. Follow up was good and probably in a couple of months you would not be able to see that I had had Laparoscopic surgery.

November 15th, 2015
Dr Steele was thorough, professional and personable. This is the third procedure that I have undergone with him and I have been pleased with all three. I would recommend his services to family and friends without hesitation.

November 4th, 2015
Dr. Steele was wonderful, from my first visit where he accurately diagnosed my problem, to the surgery performed to repair it, to the follow-up visits after - he was attentive, kind, courteous, and professional. I had a bit of difficulty scheduling my appointments and surgery, but feel like that is more of an office staff and hospital operating room issue, than an issue with Dr. Steele.

November 4th, 2015
Dr. Justin Steele
Dr. Steele is extremely professional, courteous and knowledgeable. He's very personable and takes the time to answer all questions and concerns. His staff, from office to operating room, impressed me greatly with their kindness and care. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends and family!

October 29th, 2015
Excellent, quality care
First things first: Steele is a terrific surgeon. A doctor I can and will recommend to friends and family with absolute confidence. His manner is assured, the presentation of information clear and concise and overall Dr. Steele impresses one as somebody who knows what he is doing. He provided a realistic overview of the problem (hernia), the process (surgery) and aftermath (recovery process). Pre-surgery information tended to be general but thorough and post-op discussion focused on details: swelling, blood-engorged body parts and grosser anatomical details best saved for the aftermath. Beth Israel-Mt. Sinai did a fine job of following up next day to make sure all was as expected. Even the anesthesiologist, (a chatty fellow named Gabor) swung by to brief me on his process and to complain about the shocking state of the Republican party. All very reassuring. This is a great team. The doctor's staff is friendly and competent though I did have minor problems scheduling the surgery itself--the person supposed to call within 24 hours didn't and I had to follow up twice over the next 72 hours. Rather annoying when you want to get things going. Also, bring a good book while waiting for your appointment. Dr. Steele is exceptional in all regards save the ability to schedule appointments or manage his time. These are, obviously, minor complaints: all-in-all my experience with Dr. Steele and his associates was enormously positive. If you have a need for a general surgeon, I doubt you can do better.

July 15th, 2015
Although I hope that I never have the opportunity to visit on a professional level, for those that do rest assured that you are in the good hands of Dr. Steele and his staff. Would also like to add Chrissie is a wonderful member of his staff.

March 3rd, 2015
Very helpful and available to answer any questions.

February 23rd, 2015
Highest Quality of Care
Dr. Steele is an exceptionally talented, detailed and dedicated surgeon. His bedside manner is so genuine - you can feel immediately that you are in great hands. His surgical team is exceptional and Dr. Steele and his staff are dedicated to giving the highest quality of care. I am very thankful to have found such a wonderful doctor to take care of my medical needs. I give my highest rating in every respect and will continue to recommend Dr. Steele to family and friends.