Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Sleep Medicine Specialist
Video profile

Garth Brooks Dr. Tenney = RUDE show details Garth Brooks Dr. Tenney = RUDE
Jul 17th, 2015

**Our experience is ONLY with Dr. Tenney - not any of the other physicians at Southern ENT - this is a review of ONLY Dr. Tenney** The only good thing that can be said about Southern ENT and our experience with Dr. Tenney is the facility. While it is a very nice, modern, and clean facility, the same cannot be said about Dr. Tenney. My son was seen by Dr. Tenney on Monday after a visit to the hospital on Saturday. He was sent to the hospital by an urgent care physician - not by our choice. At the hospital, he was treated by an ENT resident that apparently belongs to a program that Dr. Tenney also belongs to. She sent him a few text messages, asking for advice, after discovering that my son was his patient. At Monday's visit, we were promptly notified that he received those text messages while attending a Garth Brooks concert. Not only that, we were also told that this was his first Garth Brooks concert and he was interrupted by the text messages when Garth Brooks was coming out to the stage. If he had said this in a joking manner, it wouldn't be that big of a deal - but considering the fact that he said it with a deadpan face, I knew that he was seriously telling us that we bothered him on Saturday. Why go into medicine if you are bothered by patients that need your help, regardless of whether you are on call or not? I did not send those text messages - not our fault. We also received a phone call today from Melissa, a member of the staff. Upon returning her phone call, we encountered a very unpleasant woman. Not only was she rude, she made it seem like we were bothering her, when we were only returning the phone call that she initially placed. Once Dr. Tenney got to the phone (mind you, HE called US), he was just as rude as Melissa, if not more. His phone call was regarding a request that my ex-husband made - something that I was NOT involved in and had no clue about. When I expressed this, it did not change his attitude at all. Again, I felt like he was being bothered by me, when I was only returning HIS phone call. Maybe it's the fact that my son's health insurance is of the less than desirable, I'm not sure. However, if a health care provider feels the need to treat those with this particular health insurance with less dignity and respect than he does of those with other health insurance policies, my opinion is that health care is not the profession for him. I would not recommend Dr. Tenney if I was paid to after the two experiences I had with him in just one week...and if you are a patient of Dr. Tenney, heaven help you if you interrupt him in the middle of a country music concert.

Feb 9th, 2015

The best!!!!!

Brittany Smith show details Brittany Smith
Feb 21st, 2011

I am very happy with Dr. Tenney. He is a caring doctor and very interested in the well-being of his patients.