Dr. Jyothi Mandava MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 2nd, 2016
She won't see you if you were ever hospitized!!!
She won't see you if you have schizoaffective disorder or schizophrenia. She likes to cherry pick her patients and has her phone staff screen potential patients for her. If your mental illness has ever landed you in the psych ward be warned, she will not take you on as a new patient so save yourself the humiliation and time and don't bother to call and try to set up an appointment with her.

February 26th, 2015
THE BEST
Best ever. Such empathy. Been going here for several years. God Bless you.

March 18th, 2014
Mom
The worst psychiatrist I have EVER seen. I have been on numerous anti-depressants, and she wanted to put me on one that "could make me gain 50 pounds". When I didn't want to go on it, she would not even consider anything else. Her response was, "its that or nothing". UNACCEPTABLE.

June 4th, 2013
patient of Dr.Mandava for 10+ years
After working alongside many good psychiatrists over the years, I feel I could not do any better than having Dr. Mandava help me manage my bipolar illness. She is a great patient advocate and I have lots of confidence in her knowledge and care.

January 17th, 2013
Dangerous, careless
This Dr. is able to be manipulated by people who are Dr. shopping. This Dr. was convinced to write a letter that a seriously ill mental health patient should be taking care of her children full time when the children had been removed for neglect. This Dr has put children's safety at risk by not being thorough.

May 10th, 2012
I have Bipolar I disorder. Dr. Mandava has been my psychiatrist for seven years. I feel I owe my health to her. She is absolutely wonderful. I know she cares about me and wants me to be successful in my life. She is helping me reach many goals; under her care, I have completed a Master's degree, gotten married, bought a house, and kept a job. I don't know what I'd do without her.

October 29th, 2011
Patient
Very warm, caring, and professional.Givesgood eye contact, listens intently, givesgood feedback,easy to understand.Veryknowledgeable regarding meds and psychiatric illesses.I feel very comfortable and confident with Dr.Mandavaas my physcian and I feel very blessed.