Dr. Jyothi Mattam MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 15th, 2017
Horrible experience
This was my mother's first visit to Dr Mattam. My mother who suffers from depression and anxiety disorder, as well as mobility problems, was told multiple times to leave her service dog in the car. At the end of her session the dr told her to bring a 'smaller dog' next time. The dr also insinuated that my mother's severe childhood trauma wasn't valid. The dr asked her what she was feeling. When she answered, 'I'm wondering if you can help me' she said, 'I asked you a question. Answer it.'

February 25th, 2017
Dr. Mattam never returned any of my calls when I had concerns regarding serious side effects from medication. I informed the receptionist that I was experiencing dizziness, blurred vision, weakness, I fainted while getting dressed for work one morning and then had severe edema in both legs ad feet. Dr. Mattam, again, never returned my call. The pharmacist strongly suggested that I stop due to what appeared to be Lithium toxicity. I do not believe that I have Bipolar Depression, honestly. Many physicians are quick to diagnose their patients with this and are wrong in doing so.

February 13th, 2017
Cold, heartless, incompetent, b.
Do not go to this woman if you want to get better. If you only want pills pushed at you she's great. If you want someone to actually find out what's wrong with you, run! I was diagnosed in 10mins and left with 3 strong medicines.

January 11th, 2017
Evil
If you want to feel like a scolded, crybaby teenager, this is the lady to see. Pleasant at first, then talks about how awesome she is bc she completed med school. This dr lacks knowledge, empathy, and is judgemental.

September 8th, 2016
This woman was extremely rude and disrespectful to me when I had the misfortune of seeing her as a patient at Winn Way Mental Health Center. I would not recommend anyone seeing her or putting any trust in her. I would not give this scumbag the time of day.

August 2nd, 2016
Very caring and easy to talk to. She's great. A giod listener,too.

June 16th, 2016
Worst psychiatrist I've ever seen
Demeaning and degrading towards those struggling with mental illness.

April 16th, 2016
Dr. Mattam required me to pay in full with a promise to bill Tri-Care once I provided a back dated referral. I provided the referral and she refused to bill Tri-Care.

March 2nd, 2015
Dr. Mattam is judgmental and harsh. She seems to have had underlying resentment towards her patients. At first, like the first two minutes she comes off very pleasant but it doesn't last long.

April 1st, 2014
Unprofessional
Worst . I wouldn't send my worst enemy here.

March 24th, 2014
no compassion nor caring, angry, callous and unprofessional
My son was subjected to this Doctors incredibly bad bedside manner and total disrespect while under her care. This doctor does not want to be doing what she is doing.That fact is obvious by her anger and the callous nature by which she treats her patients and their families. It is unfortunate that this individual is charged with making decisions with peoples lives. She does not care about her patients. She is a disgrace.

October 11th, 2013
TURN AROUND AND RUN!
Dr. Mattam is rude and takes phone calls during her visits. She insinuated that I was lying about several situations by saying, "That's impossible," or "I find that hard to believe." She made rude comments to my daughter about being adopted and had not a shred of compassion for the situation we were seeing her for. AWFUL, AWFUL experience. I will be writing a letter to my insurance board and to my therapist to have Dr. Mattam removed from any recommended list possible. She is a detriment to those seeking help with their mental health.