Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Mar 2nd, 2015

Dr. Mattam is judgmental and harsh. She seems to have had underlying resentment towards her patients. At first, like the first two minutes she comes off very pleasant but it doesn't last long.

Sep 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

She is very good and a no-nonsense Doctor. She is professional and has been able to stabilize my condition after many years of no improvement. Your treatment is as successful as you allow it to be by trusting her knowledge and guidance.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
this doctor is awful worst experience of my life dealing with her show details this doctor is awful worst experience of my life dealing with her
by Ajene Gibson on Sep 17th, 2014

I saw her after I was put on a 10-13. I have no medical history and no criminal record and she tried to put me on medication before even getting a chance to be heard.She was so bad that I had to fill out a form for a different doctor.I also called a number I was told to speed up the process.when I saw the new doctor she was much better and very professional.After seeing the new doctor I was then released without being diagnosed with a mental health disability. I do not recommend dr.j.Mattam .

Aug 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Easy to schedule appointments, very flexible, website contains all paperwork needed to complete prior to appointment, 4 minute wait for appointment. Highly recommend!

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
by J tho on Apr 1st, 2014

Worst . I wouldn't send my worst enemy here.

no compassion nor caring, angry, callous and unprofessional show details no compassion nor caring, angry, callous and unprofessional
by Paul on Mar 24th, 2014

My son was subjected to this Doctors incredibly bad bedside manner and total disrespect while under her care. This doctor does not want to be doing what she is doing.That fact is obvious by her anger and the callous nature by which she treats her patients and their families. It is unfortunate that this individual is charged with making decisions with peoples lives. She does not care about her patients. She is a disgrace.

SON MISSING AFTER TREATMENT BY DR MATTAM show details SON MISSING AFTER TREATMENT BY DR MATTAM
Feb 24th, 2014

Dr. Mattam took my adult son off all of his mood stabilizers and anti-psychotic medications during a February 2014 stay at Summit Ridge Hospital. This is the first time he has not had mood stabilization assistance since he was 16. That was 17 years ago. The hospital sent him by taxi to a community-based program in Atlanta. He is now missing.

TURN AROUND AND RUN! show details TURN AROUND AND RUN!
Oct 11th, 2013

Dr. Mattam is rude and takes phone calls during her visits. She insinuated that I was lying about several situations by saying, "That's impossible," or "I find that hard to believe." She made rude comments to my daughter about being adopted and had not a shred of compassion for the situation we were seeing her for. AWFUL, AWFUL experience. I will be writing a letter to my insurance board and to my therapist to have Dr. Mattam removed from any recommended list possible. She is a detriment to those seeking help with their mental health.

Should lose her license show details Should lose her license
May 31st, 2010

Working at Summit Ridge, she tried to extort money from us to keep a psychotic family member from being released prematurely.

Jan 30th, 2010

She told my child that he was lying about is symptoms. She knows that he recently attempted suicide. He was very upset. This was the second time and he was not allowed to change doctors. She is a bully.