Dr. Jyoti Arya MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 29th, 2016
Very happy patient
Being given the diagnosis of breast cancer is not fun. However, when you find a team of doctors as I have at Scripps that truly care about your care, it makes it much less painful. Dr Arya was the plastic surgeon I was hoping to get, I had read reviews as well as was given her name as a referral from a friend. I recently underwent a single mastectomy on one side and a reduction on the other and I couldn't be happier with the results of the reconstruction. She is due to insert an expander on the mastectomy side along with some revisional surgery on the same side to "remove" my "third" boob due to the general surgeon having to deal with excess fat under the arm at the time of the mastectomy. I had same excess fat on the reduction side and the general surgeon said that would probably not be removed due to possible complications. Well, what a surprise I received at the unveiling of my reduced breast to not only find that I got to keep my nipple, with feeling in it, as well as the fat pocket was gone and sewn up. Dr. Arya did an amazing job on my reduction, all of the info I was given to prepare me for the "worst" scenario, were un-founded. I can't wait to have her start on the other side and she said she's pretty sure she can get rid of my "third" boob which has been a real pain/discomfort in the butt since my mastectomy. Dr. Arya takes her time with you and answers all of your questions, so pleased with the care given by her and her awesome nurses!

December 22nd, 2015
I'm so glad I met Dr. Arya. She is a phenomenal breast reconstruction surgeon, as she not only cares about the results of the surgery, but also about her patients' wellbeing. She is professional as well as sensitive to her patients' needs. I would recommend Dr. Arya to any woman considering breast reconstruction or any other type of breast procedure.

July 9th, 2015
Dr. Arya understood how cancer takes away your femininity - and she wants to give you some back
Dr. Arya is an excellent physician. I had a bilateral mastectomy and saw several plastic surgeons to see what I could do to get breasts again. Dr. Arya was the only physician that took the time to understand my intentions of having normal breasts that would make me feel more like a woman again. I had a TRAM flap surgery, and I couldn't be more happy with the results. For my original consultation, she took as much time as I needed, explaining the procedure, showing me photos of the outcome, and how my recuperation would be. She said I would be a candidate for the TRAM surgery. In the hospital, Dr. Arya took extra time to make sure she got it done right, bringing in Dr. Thompson (who was also excellent). Her anesthesiologist, Dr. Strom, was impeccable too. Dr. Arya came in to se me the next day just to check my vitals and how I was doing. She has been intelligent, prompt, friendly, and easy to talk to. Her nurses, Laura and Cynthia, are really good too. If you are fated with what I have - breast cancer - I would highly recommend her!

September 9th, 2014
Not a happy experience.

December 18th, 2013
Very Happy Mastectomy/Reconstruction Patient
Dr. Arya is an exceptional surgeon. I am, and will continue to be, one of her biggest fans. She has a way of making the patient forget that healthcare is primarily a business these days. Not only is she good at what she does, but she is also compassionate and empathetic. She is genuine, confident, competent, caring, and most of all, she listens to the patient, which equates to a GREAT doctor as so many doctors never hear what the patient has to say. I would highly recommend her.

May 30th, 2013
Love my new and improved figure
I had lived for years with a distorted left breast, which had major scar tissue from encapsulation. I had a breast augmentation 20 years ago by another doctor, which I regretted soon after. I could not wear tight-fitting tops without a special bra or inserts, and was very self-conscious of my figure in general. Then I met Dr. Arya. She removed the old implants and the scar tissue, replaced both implants, and also did a breast lift. I am so happy with my new breasts, which look so natural and "perky," that people think I am much younger than my 48 years. Sure, it is said that the first thing people see is your face, but the other thing people first see are your breasts! Not only is Dr. Arya a master at her craft, but she is very attuned to your wants and needs as a woman. I would not go to anybody else for this procedure. I just wish I had met her long ago!

May 12th, 2013
Bi-lateral Breast Cancer Reconstruction
From the onset, I felt very comfortable with Dr. Arya. Throughout my surgeries and follow ups with her her, I appreciated not only her professionalism, expertise and input, but the fact that she worked to fulfill my vision of reconstruction. Communication was a two-way street and it was evident Dr. Arya was as particular as I was. Now in the final phase of reconstruction, I'm so happy, and lucky, to say my new breasts are fabulous! My husband, family and friends compliment the work Dr. Arya has done and, just as important, note how natural my breasts look. Cancer may have taken "the girls," but Dr. Arya's amazing artistic and visionary skills allowed my self-confidence to remain impervious. She is truly a caring and top-notch surgeon.

March 22nd, 2013
The best
Dr. Arya recently performed breast reconstruction on my wife at scripps green. she did an excellent job !!! the whole staff was awesome ,I 've worked in the field for 24 years and have never seen such a great staff. Special thanks to Dr. Joan Kroener for saving her life and to Dr. Pam Kurtzhal for the general surgery part

February 1st, 2013
I would trust her with my daughter.
Dr. Arya was professional and treated my daughter with excellent care. The procedure that she conducted on my daughter was extensive. (flap procedure and grafting). My daughter healed fine and she was followed up with consistent care. Many physicians who have seen my daughter since, have commented on how nice Dr. Arya's work is. One physician even said it was beautiful. But more importantly my daughter's condition is a lot better because of what Dr. Arya did for her. Thank you Dr. Arya.

November 7th, 2012
Dr. Arya is an excellent physician, specifically with respect to reconstruction in cancer patients. She is not over-the-top ready to be your friend, but she knows her stuff cold. I am okay with that.

August 2nd, 2016