Dr. Jyoti Rao MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Charlotte, NC

3.8

January 7th, 2016
Fast and furious
I saw Dr. Rao for the first time last year, and was overwhelmed with the numerous tests and procedures she ordered. Some of them may have been necessary, but somehow the cynical portion of my brain jumped to a conclusion that the primary purpose of the visit was to increase billing and revenue for CMS system. By the time I followed all the orders I was out of nearly 1000 dollars, not counting a few thousand more my insurance company was charged. I think my first visit with her should have been about knowing me, and understanding my overall health situation. I found her to be a nice person, but money pressures can turn even the nicest care giver into a tool of the ever greedy never satisfied hospital systems in our country. My stress test apparently came abnormal. Some low level staff called me and broke the news to me, and told me that I had to see a cardiologist about it. When I asked for what exactly was "abnormal" with my test, the staffer had no answer. I wish at least a nurse would have contacted me (if not Dr. Rao herself) and explained what was wrong rather than treat me simply as a billing machine. Needless to say, I have not seen her since and I am in search of a new endo now.

January 21st, 2015
Bright, Attentive, Helpful
I have thyroid problems and I am an athlete. Dr Rao has been a great help in managing my condition.