Dr. Jyoti Upadhyay Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jyoti Upadhyay?

Switching doctors

Posted on May 23rd, 2016

She doesn't have good bedside manner or empathy. She talked down to me and my husband as if we couldn't understand what she was telling us. My child sees several specialists at CHKD and we are now looking at a different pediatric urology provider due to the treatment we have received on several occasions.

Posted on May 4th, 2016

I cant believe this MD takes care of children one of the rudest people I have met

Posted on May 3rd, 2016

very condescending more concerned about her self than the patient

Posted on May 3rd, 2016

horrible bedside manner - very rude

Posted on November 14th, 2015

Dr. U is one of our favorite people in the world. She has taken excellent care of my son, and truly cares about him. She is the best!

Wouldn't recomment

Posted on August 1st, 2015

She might be good but her knowledge didn't help find cause of my child's problem. Compared to any other Dr I have had before, I can easily name her as the rudest one. Sorry, she has to learn how to treat patients.

Direct and that's what I want

Posted on July 9th, 2013

Everyone has their own style of communicating. She is very direct but that's also my style of understanding. I found her to be nice and very understanding to our family's needs in treating our special needs daughter. I can see how others would find her to have no bedside manner but it's all in how you receive her style. I personally like her and will continue to use her.

Do NOT Recommend

Posted on January 30th, 2013

Taking my child to her was a big mistake. She will yell at you and your child. She has NO compassion or understanding. She does not like questions. Do not make the same mistake I did.

Worst doctor I've ever encountered

Posted on August 7th, 2012

Absolutely awful demeanor and bedside manner. Literally yelled at me that my daughter's condition was my fault from bad mothering and I had no one to blame but myself if the surgery failed. The nurses that overheard her apologized to me and kept telling me not to listen to her b/c her reputation was firing off at the mouth at parents. How she ever got hired to work at CHKD with patients - let alone CHILDREN - baffles me. The surgery did end up failing and I am now in the process of finding another dr. I would NOT recommend this woman to anybody!

If you care about your child don't let her touch them.

Posted on April 5th, 2012

She operated several times on my grandchild. Everytime she said that the surgery went very well. Every time it failed. She would also state that the outcome of the surgery would depend on me. Her manors was very poor to say the least. Finally when I wanted to see another doctor she said "what do you want to bring him for". I finally had to take my grandchild to rochester. The doctor had to do a 9-10 hour surgery to repair the damage done.

worst doctor ever!

Posted on March 30th, 2012

Dr. Jyoti Upadhyay has the worst bedside manner! She will literally call you a baby if you don't agree with a surgery she mentions! When you don't even need the surgery! She will recommend risky & dangerous surgeries! When you have a catheter that needs to be put in she will forcefully shove it into your bladder! I was very displeased with her & I do not reccomend Dr.upadhyay to anyone!

Posted on February 14th, 2012

My son had two hypospadius surgeries performed by Dr. Upadhyay and then she up and left the practiced and moved out of the country, now my son has to have a 3rd surgery on it. She is very abrupt and fast, no bedside manner. My son's 2nd surgery he was three and she sent him home with a caterter, which I had to remove myself. I am not very happy with her, cause she botched up my son's surgery. She botched up the first surgery and the second did not look any different than the first and now my son is having problems with it 4 years later.