Pediatricians, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
Troy
Oakland Child & Adolescent Neurology
1639 E Big Beaver Rd
Ste 104
Troy, MI 48083
248-720-2470
Locations and availability (6)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  EXTREMELY long wait !!!! ALWAYS behind ! Going elsewhere!  |  show details
by Kristen on Jun 20th, 2014

Doctor rushes through.. does not listen !!! We ALWAYS have to wait 3 hours by the time we get in the waiting room until we are done ! Then the doctor only spends less 5 minutes!!!!! I'm done with this doctor ! I do not reccommend to anyone !

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
by Bill S on Mar 6th, 2014

I had to wait to see the doctor, but when we did see him he seemed really interested in not only neurology, but our overall health. He prescribed medicine that is really helpful, and the staff went out of their way to help us get approved for the testing and meds.

|  Never Again  |  show details
by John on Dec 30th, 2013

Rushes you through appointment. But some how you still need to wait well over an hour to see him. Sorry, my free time is to important then paying for his porsche!

Aug 29th, 2013

I've gone to Dr. Al- Zouhali for a few years now and although he gives good advice as a doctor I've finally realized there are much better doctors in the area. He is a nice gentleman but he is overworked and over scheduled. I've never been to his office and waited less than an hour and a half and when I saw him for my appointments he rushed through the time with me. Although he is a nice man I have found a new doctor and I would suggest potential patients do the same.

|  true so true  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2012

My son has been going to Dr. Al-Zouhayli for about 4 years and I have never read these reviews until now. Everything everyone says is very true, sad but true. I am surprised he has as many patients as he does because he can be very brutal, and yes, we wait 2 hours and longer to see him. He did prescribe my son medicine that helps him but he has also tried to pump my son with other meds and my husband almost fell for it but I did not. My son is now seventeen and he has to go every 3 months because that is the only way the doctor will give him his refills. He never does anything at these appointments except look at him, shake his head like my son is an idiot and gives him a new prescription. There are not many pediatric neuros in the area, that is the reason we go to him.

|  Has helped my daughter!  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

Yes, you have to wait, but after seeing many different doctors and psychiatrists, Dr. Al is the one who figured out my daughter's symptoms and proper treatment. He also helped tremendously during difficult times for my daughter and she would rather see him than any other doctor. She is very particular about that so I see that as a very good sign. He will help you. To the people who said he was rude maybe they are also rude. I've never had him be rude to us and we've had him as our daughter's doctor for 6 years.

|  Didn't remember our names  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

We took our daughter to him every two weeks for 3 months. Each visit we waited for over an hour, to be meet with, "What is your name again" He was only interested in his fee and would prescribe any medication, without concern for our daughter or her continued weight loss, loss of appetite or increased anxiety. I DO NOT recommend him!

May 30th, 2012

I was in the room with my young daughter while she took the TOVA test. I commented to her how nice and fun the staff was (Christina). Minutes later, Dr. Al was heard throughout the office yelling at her. It was obvious she was trying to calm the situation. He continued to yell insulting remarks to her. My daughter was scared! Another parent immediately left the office because she was upset about Dr. Al rampage. The guy needs a lesson in customer service and how to treat his staff.

|  HORRIBLE DRUG PUSHER!!!!  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2012

I wouldn't talk my dog to see this man! All he wanted to do was pump my 2 year old epileleptic son with more and more Trilpital (seizure medication) even after I told him how horrible he was reacting to the drug. He sent us for testing that was not needed, that my insurance wouldn't even cover AFTER the fact! He loves to bill insurance to see what he can get out of them. He is not for the patient, he is out for his won pocket book!!! What ever you do DON'T go see this man!!! I wouldn't want any other child to suffer because of this quack!

|  Never go here unless you bring a sleeping bag...  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

This doctor is horrible!! He makes you wait for 2 hours (not kidding).He is rude to my daughter, made her cry because she dared to ask him why she always has to wait so long. I was not at that appointment..When I called him up about it, he told me to find another doctor and hung up on me. I am going to someone else now. I would not recommend him to anyone...when we went to our first appointment we had to wait for almost 2 hours and then he had the nerve to take a personal cell phone call from his wife regarding their daughter's sweet 16 birthday!! I was shocked. He overbooks like crazy. Just wants to make the money. Asks my daughter the same questions over and over again. Can't wait to go somewhere else.

|  BEWARE!  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2012

Take it from a patient that's been going to him for over 7 years and finally had enough. Average wait time in waiting room was ALWAYS over an hour. The average time spent with my daughter was 5-10 minutes. The staff at the Troy office is extremely rude and not helpful. The only thing I'm thankful about is when he couldn't figure what was going on so he referred us to someone else. Shame on us for continuing to see him that long. Parents, please research any doctor you take your children to and don't waste your time or money with Al-Zouhayli like I did.

Feb 1st, 2012

Dr Al is the best! Sometimes the wait in the waiting room is a bit long, however, some people forget that they are seeing a specialty doctor! In high demand with many patients. If you want a doctor who cares then you wait. Otherwise go see someone else who thinks youre just a number.

|  Ridiculous Wait Time - EVERYTIME  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

I have never waited so long so see a Dr. The last 3 times we have not been seen until over 2 hours AFTER my appt. time. I spoke to the staff about it and then said to talk to the Dr. Worst ran Doctor's office I have ever been too. Will not return.

|  It's a Joke  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2011

I have never NOT waited more than an hour to get into a room at this doctor! Once in the exam room, you wait another hour! The doctor listens to my son's heart, checks blood pressure...gives us a script & we out of there! I once questioned the doctor why the wait is so long and HE WENT OFF ON ME! Yelling, screaming at me in front of my son!! Very unprofessional! Then he told me there was a sign in the waiting room saying that there are long waits in his office. $200 office visits is what my insurance was billed for each month, $1,600 for an overnight eeg...come on..I think he's getting a cut from the makers of focalin! My son will be seeing a new doctor! He doesn't do anything SPECIAL that I'm aware of...the TOVA test is a JOKE!

|  Horrible, Horrible experience.  |  show details
May 18th, 2011

Didn't see him for over an hour after our appointment time. Told me that my daughter looked like a boy, answered his cell phone and preceded to talk to his daughter about what exams she had that day, how they went, and what exams she had tomorrow. Without even an "excuse me,or "sorry about that." He made me feel that my child wasn't of importance to him, and we were just another number. I believe he pulled a diagnosis out of his you know what. I work within the Beaumont network, and he knows nothing about the BEAUMONT STANDARDS! Completely disgusted. I will make a point let everyone I know about the service you will recieve in his office.

|   |  show details
by Nicole Holter on Apr 1st, 2011

Would not use Dr Al-Zouhayli if he was my only option. The wait time in his office is beyond ridiculous. He even has a sign up saying "dont look at your watch, just have fun in the office while you wait" I constantly had to leave the office without being seen because I had other children to pick up. He would then not prescribe the needed medication because he did not see the patient. He also would not take the time to talk to me, knowing I was very angry, unless I made an appointment for my child and waited in his office forever, not to mention pulling my son out of school for it again and again.

|  RUDE!!  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2011

Doctor was very rude and disrespectful to myself and my son who was being treated. Never listened to any of my sons questions only ever spent maybe five min with us after waiting for over an hour and a half. And he actually yelled at me for about 10 min in the office because I questioned why he only asked my son two questions and then took us to go get his script. I will never go to this doctor again!!!

May 7th, 2010

not really sure he really dignosed my son properly...never remembers my son after 2 years...just looks on his computer the whole time without giving him personal attention...better off finding someone else...and do some reserch...what was that schools name he graduated from called?

Apr 15th, 2010

Ive been seeing him for about a year now. I wait for around an hour and a half to get into the room, then almost another hour till he comes in. He spends five minutes tops with me, then increases my meds and calls me fat. He has an amazing staff, who are very caring and courteous. He treats his staff horribly. All and all, he is definitely not my favorite doctor(and I have an awfull lot of them).

|  Horribly Long wait times  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2009

The wait to see Dr. Al-Zouhayli is seldom less than an hour, and that's just to get in a room. Then, he often spends only 5 or 10 minutes with you.

Jan 15th, 2009

If you like waiting 1 to 2 1/2 hours AFTER your appointment time to be seen for approximatly 3 to 5 min. He's the dr. for you. Also, if you don't like blood tests, he didn't send us for one the whole 3 years we saw him. As far as diagnosis, we find out from a different Dr. soon if he was correct. we do not think he was.