Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

2700 SE Stratus Ave
Unit 304
McMinnville, OR 97128
503-434-6688
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Recommendation  |  show details
by Philip B. on Mar 17th, 2013

Dr. Nguyen is and has been very professional and knowdgable. I appreciate that she has always taken the time to share specifically my treatment results as they progressed. Not only has Dr. Nguyen acted with professional decorum but she demonstrated the tenacity to pursue and follow up the newest approvedFDA drug treatment options for my particular case. Like Dr. Nguyen, her staff is amiable, courteous and have provided excellent service during my treatment this past year. One of the most appreciative aspects I have is that Dr. Nguyen never portrayed an impatience to get to her next appointment but always made sure all of my questions concerning the treatment of my case were answered. I without reservation strongly recommend Dr. Kimya Nguyen for her professionalism and genuine desire to help her patients.

|  A kind doctor with big heart  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

I was referred by my primary doctor in Sherwood for a colonoscopy exam as I have had frequent episodes of heavy gas burping, indigestion, and bloatness.Dr. Kimya Nguyun was so caring, kind, and very concerned at my situation. During our pre-procedure consultation, I was fully briefed on the procedure, its potential outcome, and proposed course of treatments should I have certain conditions.Needless to say, the procedure was well done, and Dr. Nguyun spent considerable time with me to explain an dadvised me what treaments would be best for my condition.It has been 3-months now, and I am feeling very fine with moderate exercise and minimal drug therapy prescribed by Dr. Nguyun.

Jun 25th, 2012

My adult daughter was with me at the office visit. This Dr was rude, no eye contact, hardly spoke or asked questions. Said she got my primary Dr's notes and was going to do a test. Her brother was polite and called to tell me when it was. She ripped apart my throat and said it was because "my throat is anatomically incorrect" hmmm hasn't been a problem before or since and it's had tubes down before and since, same procedure done twice since but not by her. Came home and 2 weeks later got an envelope in the mail with PHOTOCOPIES out of a book of a article and a note that said read this, especially this certain part (which had to do with cancer). Thankfully my daughter was here when the mail came. I lost it. I went to my primary Dr and them went to OHSU as I did not want to see that cold hearted woman, Nguyen again. They got the same lab results and said no I did not have it. They repeated the tests to be sure and look around and no I did not have it. This was several years ago and just went through it again to monitor and still no sign of it. I do have stomach issues, and she was called in as a consult by a surgoen when I was at WVMC for another reason and instead of consulting on my health issue - stomach at that time she came in the room and demanded to know whey I didn't come to see her. My sister was in the room and Nguyen didn't wait for an answer she left immediately and went into the hall and had words with the surgeon who was out there. He came into the room and told me he'd fired her, with a big smile. I was very happy. And they sent me to to OHSU. Thankfully there are other gastroenterologist here in McMinnville now! I will never see her again.

Jan 31st, 2012

She diagnosed a friend with cancer, no referral to an oncologist. Ordered tests, one at a time, over 4 weeks! Time waiting for follow up appt to find out plan of care, 1.5 weeks. Completely unacceptable.

by Kim Jozwiak on Apr 9th, 2010

I have seen Dr Nguyen before she is very good. Dr Nguyen gets straight to the point and will find out what is wrong, she also takes her time with you. I am going to go and see her next week again. Kim J