Dr. Kai-Ming Fu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kai-Ming Fu?

Thank you!

Posted on August 17th, 2016

New York Presbyterian Hospital in NYC gets five stars from me because they are the reason I am able to enjoy my life again. I am twenty years old, I was involved in a minor car accident when I was 18. I ended up having a herniated/bulging disc leaning on my sciatic nerve in my lower lumbar spine between L4 and L5. At first I wasn't able to walk at all for about 5 months after getting multiple shots in my spine I could finally stand up again but it was only masking the pain temporarily. I was not able to stand up for more than five minutes without it resulting in excruciating pain shooting down my leg . Little things like doing the dishes and taking the shower was almost impossible without a chair. For two years if I left the house it was most likely to go to a doctors appointment. I went through every type of therapy option available. I avoided surgery by all means like most doctors recommend at my age. I was told by two different surgeons that there was no surgery that was going to help me and that I would have to deal with it. I am a strong person and I can take a lot of pain but I couldn't deal with that pain for the rest of my life it would have drove me crazy. Anyway thankfully I was recommended to Dr. Kai-Ming Fu who worked at the New York Presbyterian and took my insurance. He took a look at my MRI and said that he could help me. I will spare you the details but I will say that Dr. Fu is a great doctor. I would recommend him to anyone with a spinal injury because he definitely knows what he is doing. Everyone from the front desk to the nursing staff was very pleasant and comforting. I was there a total of four separate appointments and I can honestly say I did not have any issues or complaints what so ever. It has been seven weeks since my surgery and I am finally standing tall with no time limit and no pain. No more pain, no more sleepless nights of pain, no more doctors, no more shots, and no more limping. Thank you Dr. Kai-Ming Fu and the all of the staff at New York Presbyterian Hospital you rally did give me my life back.

Posted on April 2nd, 2016

from the first consult to the followup after my surgery, my experience was nothing but perfect. the Dr.the staff and the hospital took very good care of me.

Posted on April 19th, 2012

Dr. Fu is the consummate professional. I have never had surgery before but after my surgery for stenosis the recovery went exactly as he said it would go and I'm feeling great. DR. FU IS THE MAN!!!

Posted on April 25th, 2016