A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kakarla Chalam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kakarla Chalam is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Neovascular Glaucoma
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Chalam graduated from Guntur Medical College. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Chalam has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
- Shands Jacksonville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chalam accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Humana - 29 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Kakarla Chalam practice?
Dr. Kakarla Chalam practices Ophthalmology near Jacksonville, FL.
See Jacksonville Ophthalmologists.