Dr. Muhammad Arshad MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 9th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr Arshad treated my grandmother recently in a hospital . He met my mother and me personally and called us promptly when we requested . He gave us valuable advice regarding care of my grandmother who suffers from dementia . We will recommend Dr Arshad to any family member or friend .

June 28th, 2015
GREAT PHYSICIAN AND GOOD HOSPITAL
I wholeheartedly agree with the good reviews this doctor has received. He is great with elderly patients and very responsive to families. Our experience with care of my elderly aunt at Seaside Behavioral Center was much more pleasant than the one we had at another facility earlier this year.

December 26th, 2014
BEST ONE
Dr Arshad recently provided care to my mother in law at a private psychiatric hospital. She was initially seen by his colleague who we met but our questions were not properly addressed. W e called Dr Arshad to express our concerns. Dr Arshad responded promptly and spoke to us in a very professional manner. He met us next day in person. We were very imprssed by his concern, compassion and knowledge . He communicated with us regularly and gave us all the options as to what we could do to help my mother in law. He is one of the few psychiatrists in town who specializes in care of elderly. In our opinion he is the best.

January 13th, 2014
My mother was recently treated at a local hospital where was hospitalized because of her progressuve dementia . She almost lost her life as a result of her illness prior to her hospitalization . Dr Arshad called me and my two sisters who also live out of town as do I . His calls and regular updates regarding my mother's treatment at the hospital were source of great comfort to us . We went to see our mother when she was still at the facility . Dr Arshad took time to meet us on a Sunday and gave us very clear idea as to what we had to do help our mother . Dr Arshad , along with his great staff at the hospital addressed our concerns and answered our questions . We finally decided to place our mother in a nursing home . We are grateful for the care my mother received at the hospital .

June 15th, 2013
SAVED OUR FAMILY
Dr Arshad saw me after I was referred to him from my attorney following a serious injury at work . I could not find any psychiatrist in town to accept me as a patient. My injury and its effects on my physical , emotional life and my family have been devastating . I was at brink of giving up on my life . Dr Arshad has provided me and my family with tremendous care . He has helped us with extensive paper work , fought for me to get initially workman compensation benefits and then social security. I don't believe any other professional in New Orleans would have done what Dr Arshad has done for us. His kind word, encouraging feedback ,wisdom and compassion keeps us going. We would encourage any of our friends and family to see this amazing physician when they are in need. I hope Dr Arshad reads this comments and knows what I said I meant and we truely appreciate his care and treatment .

May 13th, 2013
Great Psychiatrist
Dr Arshad took care of me at a local hospital . He is caring , understanding , kind and compassionate . Treated me and my family with respect . He understood the difficult situation I was in . He has continued to see me in outpatient program . I feel fortunate to have Dr Arshad as my doctor . Would refer my friends and family members to him if they needed a psychiatrist . I think he is the best one around.

September 13th, 2011
Dr Arshad has treated me for last 10 years. He has me on medications for my psychiatric illness but he takes time to talk to me too. Two months ago I needed to be hospitalized for a heart problem. Dr Arshad communicated with the cardiologist and actually came to visit me in the medical hospital . He made me laugh . I love my doctor.

May 24th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Arshad for 22 years. He is a caring practioner that treats his patients with kindness and respect. He was concerned for my well-being and listened to any issues or concerns I had with regards to treatment and medication. I highly recommend him.

March 25th, 2011
We just returned after visiting my elderly mother in a local geriatric psychiatry hospital. We feel strongly compelled to write this review. Dr Arshad is her attending psychiatrist . He spent almost one hour not just explaining my mother's illness to us but also took time to hold our hands and comfort and reassure us . We are thoroughly pleased by the care my mother is receiving at the hospital and by Dr Arshad. He is very compassionate, accommodating and knowledgeable. We truely feel blessed to have this gentle , kind and competent doctor taking care of my mother .

March 16th, 2011
Dr Arshad saw my elderly parents in a nursing home as a consultant. Even if he was not their primary physician , he took time to explain to us their diagnoses and realistic prognosis . We found him to be knowledgable , pleasant and accessible . He put us at ease and provided us with lot of comfort in time of need . In fact my wife ended up seeing Dr Arshad later herself and he has continued to provide her compassionate care she needs . We consider ourselves to be fortunate to have found this great physician . We hope he never leaves town .

January 6th, 2011
Very good doctor. After seeing several psychiatrists, I was lucky to find a physician who cared enough to take time to talk, try to understand my issues , diagnosed me correctly and found the right medications to help.

January 3rd, 2011
Dr Arshad took care of my elderly mother in a hospital and later in nursing home before she passed away. We found him to be competent , compassionate. He was always available to answer our questions and address our concerns. We are fortunate to have found this physician to care for our mother . Thank you Dr Arshad for trying to make us smile with your great sense of humor through the difficult time in our lives.