Dr. Kalman Pila MD Patient Reviews

June 2nd, 2016
As good as they get.

June 1st, 2010
Dr. Pila really cares
My wife and I moved down from NY in 2005. We found Dr. Pila and we are both very happy.

December 10th, 2009
Does not get any better.
This Doctor really cares about what he is doing for you. I never felt like I was being pushed thru like cattle like other doctors I have seen. His office staff was very professional.I recently had a problem with my prescription and had to get new one late on a friday. His office manager Melanie took care of the whole thing for me. She was very pleasent to deal with. Alot of his staff has been there many years and I think that helps things run smooth for the Doctor and his patients. Like a fined tuned machine. Its like seeing old frinds when I'm there. A++

November 20th, 2009
Excellent
There are many doctors in Tampa and I would not trust my family to anyone other than Dr. Pila.

October 30th, 2009
Ask appropriate questions on the doctor's ability.
If the survey included questions on the doctor's ability to heal patient's the outcome would be less than stellar.

October 5th, 2009
This doctor SUCKS!!
Everytime I make an appointment I end up waiting for over 30 minutes AFTER my appointment time before I'm called back. I call to have prescriptions refilled and they don't call me back then when I call to find out status they say "You need to come see the doctor". I needed my prescription a week ago and now I have to try to find time to go see the doctor. They don't care about thier patients, all they care about is making their $15 copay.

September 18th, 2009
Even Doctor's change
Dr.Pila had been my primary doctor since 1995. Since that time due an increase of a partners patients taken over by the doctor the professionalism, attention and follow-up had fallen to an all time low. Part of the responsibility of a primary physician is to document and if necessary submit ongoing findings to insurance companies in behalf of the patient. In my particular case this hadn't been done as requested and as a result I lost thousands of dollars. NO ONE as much as offered an opology for the incident. Unfortunatly it would cost me additional dollars, which I don't have, in attorney's fees to persue the case legally. In addition the doctor is represented by the poorest of billing services (GMS), who have no idea where billings should be sent for payment and has some of the poorest of staff in his office.

September 4th, 2009
Great caring doctor!

April 17th, 2009
Wonderful Doctor
I have gone to Dr. Pila for years. I feel he is one of the few doctors that actually cares. He is compassionate, takes his time and has an excellent bedside manner. You do not feel like you are cattle when you go see him. Sometimes you have to wait a bit in the office but I don't mind at all. The reason is because he takes his time with his patients and does not rush them. He is a WONDERFUL doctor and I recommend him to everyone!

June 16th, 2017