Dr. Vinay Kumar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 13 reviews

January 6th, 2017
Need new partner and staff who care
20 + yrs of pt care and have had no complaints other than long wait time until now. Since moving to the new facility with new horrible staff and a partner (Dr. Buddha), pt care has been negligent. I tried seeing Dr. Buddha for severe back pain and abdominal pain, but was turned away because she did not want to stay in the office longer than necessary. She gave me a two wk script for soma instead. I ended up going to an acute care facility where I received a cortisone shot and scripts for CT scan and MRI. My bp was around 200/125 while at acute care fac. I tried to get Dr Vinay's office to fax a referral to a cardiologist because bp meds are not working, but was told (after two phone calls coz they don't return calls even after telling you they will) I would have to be seen by my GP (Dr Vinay) or Dr. Buddha since Dr. Vinay is on vacation. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE DR. BUDDHA for anything and that may be to my detriment, but I guess I have to wait for 1/19/17 for my apt with Dr Vinay. I think it's time to find a new GP. Our family like Dr. Vinay; however, all good things must come to an end? We need a GP and a staff we can count on. I'm sorry comment is very long, but I am very upset and frustrated. Getting the office to do anything is like pulling teeth without Novocain.

December 14th, 2016
He's The Best, I've been going to him since 2007!😊

August 1st, 2016
He was really there when I needed him!
Dr. Kumar is both my husbands doctor and mine. He has taken great care of us over 10 plus years. It's been only once that we were in crisis, I got nerve damage in my Axillary Nerve (arm) from an injection, (from a different doctor.) Nerve pain and trying to get a diagnoisis was terrible, the arm dead couldn't lift it to wash hair, open a cabinet. slept sitting up in a chair and this went on for 3 months. He was with me every step of the way when I would just show up at office crying my eyes out, with his slow and steady, claim direction. He helped direct me to specialist, help guide me through pain maintenance and always went over all my records from the many specialist I went to.End result, I got diagnosed finally in Tampa by Dr. Able with nerve damage from injection, I went for acupuncture and never needed another pain pill and with repeated acupunture, I got better and better as the nerves slowly grew back. Dr. Kumar is the man!!!!!

March 14th, 2016
Very compassionate doctor who really listens to you and spends time with you

September 14th, 2015
Physician Grade A, Needs new Staff
Three separate appointments. Dr Kumar is fantastic, however, office staff fail to follow up on his directions. Referrals never sent, 2 week wait time for follow up info, staff very rude about being questioned. Still waiting for a referral to be sent to an electrophysiologist for a heart problem. Staff now claim they cannot find the documentation. "We will try to get to it today". Will be looking for a new PCP. Very unfortunate, as Dr. Kumar is wonderful. He needs new staff.

July 11th, 2015
Dr kumar and his team are wonderful! I've been seeing them for almost two years and I feel confident in their knowledge. They always spend time, never rushing me out the door.

September 20th, 2012
This was my Dr.for two years than I moved to orlando and I am back to Brevard county, I always could count with him for all my worries and he cared honestly. His knowledge helped me with all my medical conditions ...This is the best Dr.I really missed him ...God Bless him and his wonderful staff.-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

July 30th, 2012
Dr. Vinay Kumar
My husband and myself have been patients of Dr. Kumar for over 10 years. We are both now in our late 40's, and are so glad that we choose him. He is talented in so many areas of care, we just consider him the best. Several of our neighbors no see him along with their parents. He and his staff are the best!

June 20th, 2012
WHY DID I NOT SEE HIM BEFORE
I have not seen a more compassionate, caring and knoweledgable physician till now. I hated going to doctors and waiting and now I am prompt at my appointments. I have lost 15 lbs and my diabetes has never been better controlled if not for him. All students and medical professionals should spend time in his office, just to see how you really care for a patient and not just ''see a patient''. Thank God DOCTORS like this still exist and I am greatful for finding. His wait times have increased , I totally understand because everybody loves him!!!.Please dont come to him, for my selfish reasons!!!!!.

April 18th, 2012
A doctor who listens!
I love that Dr. Vinay listens to what I say. Even when he's busy with a full office of people wanting his time. He listens and then explains things so that I understand them. I've never left his office feeling rushed out the door. He seems to really care that I feel better.

August 1st, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Kumar is a very professional, caring and informative doctor. He took the time to answer all of my questions in a caring matter and is very thorough.I feel fortunate to have found a great doctor who I can trust with my health.In addition, his office staff is very friendly and professional.

July 27th, 2011
Family Doctor
I am very pleased with my visits to Dr. Kumar, he seems very caring and professional, and he takes great care of me. I highly recommend him.