Dr. Kamal Artin MD Patient Reviews

3.1

July 23rd, 2016
For your health... stay away.
My first appointment ever with this medical field... not only did he have a student doing her studies in the room without asking or explaining who she was or what she was doing. He took a phone call when I was in mid-sentence and also invited his dog in the office. I never heard from anyone at the office, even after I had called. It literally kept me away from seeking further medical attention for 3 years because of my experience here. It changed my vision on what could have been a changed life immediately. And doctor, I hope you read this... you are hurting people. You are what is wrong with medicine. Not only do you not help in the moment you turn people away from seeking treatment all together. You seem like a nice man... I have a feeling you have made a good living and are just "mailing it in". Good luck sir. I hope you change your path so you can help others change their future.

February 28th, 2016
Not worth $300.00!
Cons: Inefficent staff, rude "doctor", expensive cash price Pros: None. Beware and read reviews. Do not waste your time with this arrogant doctor.

December 2nd, 2015
His bottom line is money. Staff is even worse! They won't do anything that they do not have to do! They never call back. Act clueless. Doctor is rude and rushes through appointment! Stay away!

April 1st, 2015
Not great
No follow up, nothing. Seemed like we were new each time he saw us. He ran at least 20 mins late for our appointments each time we saw him. The front desk person was never helpful. Our final visit... Dr. Artin saw both my children and charged the normal co-pay, then three months later billed me in full saying that he decided to not take our insurance anymore so we weren't covered at the time of the appointment. No notice, nothing... they did not even say anything at the time of the appointment.

January 28th, 2015
Interesting
Staff here have never been helpful. Left a voice mail they say they didn't receive it... typical run around.

September 6th, 2014
Instructions not clear
I saw Dr Artin several times over a 3 yr period. The first consultation with him was good. When I returned for a short medication consult, I felt like he did not really remember my information. He seemed distracted and did not listen. He rapidly gave me instructions on how to taper off medication. I left feeling not sure of the instructions. He is a warm person but my instincts tell me that he is too much impressed with himself .My opinion is that making money and womanizing gets in the way of time spent on an accurate diagnosis .

March 20th, 2014
Great Doctor
I read the reviews before visiting with Dr. Artin. I was a little weary at first, but after our appointment I was relieved. He was wonderful. He listened and took meticulous notes. Discussed my feelings, thoughts and questions with me. And, I loved his dog, he made me feel comfortable. Dr. Artin is a "real" person and I'm happy to have been referred to him to help me.

May 29th, 2013
UNCOMFORATABLE AND UNPROFESSIONAL
Stay clear of this Dr, he is only after the insurance money and does not care about his patients and also makes you feel uncomfortable. He seems perverted!

April 3rd, 2013
Often cut off the appointment quickly to try to schedule the next. Insurance required authorization from the doctor, which the doctor requested of me another appoint to fill out a 1 page form. Long waits 30+ minutes post appointed time.

April 1st, 2013
I've been seeing this doctor for major depressive disorder, and he has been great for me. Don't listen to the negative reviews, most of them seem to be coming from people who are upset because he didn't give them the drugs they wanted...

November 13th, 2012
I have been a patient for 4 years. I was not recommended to him by anyone but selected him myself based on his experience. Initially, I had a few little tiffs with him about wait time, etc. But we explained each other and gained mutual respect from one another. (Incidentally, the wait time issue has definitely resolved since they have been in their new offices). I completely trust him; he is funny, intelligent, kind, and has an aura of wellness about him that makes me feel all will be OK. It is true, that unless you tell the appointment desk ahead of time that you wish to be able to talk to him at length, you will get a short visit and a medication checkup. But, if you let them know, they will give you a longer time slot. I also do not feel he is quick to prescribe meds, nor is he willing to prescribe combinations that he feel will be harmful or addictive. I also like his dog - who does sit in the chair in his office, and he is very clean, AND, if you look at the website, it indicates that "Dr. Fluffy" is also generally present, so if you do not like dogs or are allergic to them, don't go!!Overall, I think Dr. Artin is very smart, has an open mind, good education, and an impressive life experience, all of which have enabled him to give me valuable advice over the years. And for a psychiatrist, he pays more attention to, and spends more time with his patients than any of the other psychiatrists I have seen in the last 20 years.[And for the patient who claimed that he wanted to know all about her sex life, I find that quite hard to believe. My experience was that I had some complaints regarding that issue as a side-effect from my antidepressant some years back (common side-effect of antidepressants), and his questions were brief and to the point, and directed at finding a solution. So, for others, I would take that individual's comment with a grain of salt, and consider that it might have been one's perception, rather than fact.]I have also never ever written a commentary about any dr before, but when I saw the negative comments people had put up about Dr. Artin, I had to respond to share my positive experiences...although again...we had a little time period of getting to know one another, and learn not to be prickly. But I am glad I stayed!!

April 30th, 2012
Rude, Insensitive Dr.
I called Dr. Artin because I have a severe anxiety disorder, and another Dr. had been prescribing me to high a dose of benzos. I called Dr. Artin because I wanted to taper off.Keep in mind when you read this, I was really anxious, and scared when I called his office. You could hear it in my office. I was on the verge of tears because I couldn't find anyone to help me.His office assistant, who was very nice, told the Dr. how many mg. I was on a day, and he told her to tell me to go to a hospital. I had already explained to her that I couldn't afford to go to an inpatient facility and she made him aware of that. (they wanted $15,000 and my wife and I are already having financial difficulties)I asked her to clarify what he meant by hospital, and she came back and said "...he said so they can put you in inpatient care." I said I can't afford that, and that was why I was calling in the first place. She said she would have him call me.At 5:56 p.m. on Friday he called me. I picked up the phone, and said, "Hello?" not knowing who was calling.The voice on the other end replied in a very rude, irritated voice, "This is Dr. Artin, how can I help you?!" I replied, "Dr Artin, thank you so much for calling." I then started to explain how another Dr. had kept increasing my dose of alprazolam, that I had been on it for two years, needed to get off..." Dr. Artin cut me off in the middle of my sentence, and curtly replied, "Normally, I would send you to the hospital, but I understand you can't afford it, so here's what I'll do, start you off on 50 mg of librium, then 40, then 30, then 20 and your done if this is acceptable to you we can start next week!."Confused I asked, "Is that per day?" He retorted, "No! that's per week!" I then asked, "What's librium?" Trying to rush me off the phone, he replied, "It's like xanax!"He then said, "So, do you want to do this or not?!"Feeling like I had no other option, I replied, "Okay, I'll come in."We said our goodbyes and he hung up.To be fair, he did call me back at almost 6:00 p.m. on a Friday night; but to be honest, I almost wished he hadn'tThe way he interrupted me, talked to me like I was some person buying pills from some dealer on a street corner, and left me with more questions than answers, all made me more upset and anxious.I went to urgent care on Sunday to talk to a good Dr. I know there, and he told me to look up the ratings on this Dr. He said, it doesn't sound good already, and if the ratings are bad then cancel.Thank God I read these reviews. I'm cancelling my appointment. I already have a severe anxiety disorder that I've struggled with all my life. All I need is for some Dr. to make me more anxious, and feel worse about myself than I already do.The clincher was when I read the story about the person who had nerve pain, and how Dr. Artin misdiagnosed him, and started electro-shock therapy on him, and put him on the wrong medications.Plus, $300.00 a visit is outrageous.