Dr. Kamal Artin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kamal Artin?

August 28th, 2017

Caring, competent and comedic

Dr. Artin is a great psychiatrist! I was pleased with his promptness, attention to detail and concern about what is best for the patient, despite insurance company bureaucracy and he injects humor which is always welcome to lighten one's burdens. He also has a puppy dog in the office and plays classical music!

April 14th, 2017

Does not Manage Meds. He just prescribes and has you feel like crap to tell you it's just you.

He has a little dog to make it look like he is nice. He has you in and out of his office in less than 10 minutes with you thinking how could he do anything if he didnt even read about the medication. On several occasions he would offer me the same medication I had problems with before. Take precautions when trusting someone with your life and body reactions.

July 23rd, 2016

For your health... stay away.

My first appointment ever with this medical field... not only did he have a student doing her studies in the room without asking or explaining who she was or what she was doing. He took a phone call when I was in mid-sentence and also invited his dog in the office. I never heard from anyone at the office, even after I had called. It literally kept me away from seeking further medical attention for 3 years because of my experience here. It changed my vision on what could have been a changed life immediately. And doctor, I hope you read this... you are hurting people. You are what is wrong with medicine. Not only do you not help in the moment you turn people away from seeking treatment all together. You seem like a nice man... I have a feeling you have made a good living and are just "mailing it in". Good luck sir. I hope you change your path so you can help others change their future.

February 28th, 2016

Not worth $300.00!

Cons: Inefficent staff, rude "doctor", expensive cash price Pros: None. Beware and read reviews. Do not waste your time with this arrogant doctor.

December 2nd, 2015

His bottom line is money. Staff is even worse! They won't do anything that they do not have to do! They never call back. Act clueless. Doctor is rude and rushes through appointment! Stay away!

April 1st, 2015

Not great

No follow up, nothing. Seemed like we were new each time he saw us. He ran at least 20 mins late for our appointments each time we saw him. The front desk person was never helpful. Our final visit... Dr. Artin saw both my children and charged the normal co-pay, then three months later billed me in full saying that he decided to not take our insurance anymore so we weren't covered at the time of the appointment. No notice, nothing... they did not even say anything at the time of the appointment.

January 28th, 2015

Interesting

Staff here have never been helpful. Left a voice mail they say they didn't receive it... typical run around.

September 6th, 2014

Instructions not clear

I saw Dr Artin several times over a 3 yr period. The first consultation with him was good. When I returned for a short medication consult, I felt like he did not really remember my information. He seemed distracted and did not listen. He rapidly gave me instructions on how to taper off medication. I left feeling not sure of the instructions. He is a warm person but my instincts tell me that he is too much impressed with himself .My opinion is that making money and womanizing gets in the way of time spent on an accurate diagnosis .

March 20th, 2014

Great Doctor

I read the reviews before visiting with Dr. Artin. I was a little weary at first, but after our appointment I was relieved. He was wonderful. He listened and took meticulous notes. Discussed my feelings, thoughts and questions with me. And, I loved his dog, he made me feel comfortable. Dr. Artin is a "real" person and I'm happy to have been referred to him to help me.

May 29th, 2013

UNCOMFORATABLE AND UNPROFESSIONAL

Stay clear of this Dr, he is only after the insurance money and does not care about his patients and also makes you feel uncomfortable. He seems perverted!

April 3rd, 2013

Often cut off the appointment quickly to try to schedule the next. Insurance required authorization from the doctor, which the doctor requested of me another appoint to fill out a 1 page form. Long waits 30+ minutes post appointed time.

November 13th, 2012

I have been a patient for 4 years. I was not recommended to him by anyone but selected him myself based on his experience. Initially, I had a few little tiffs with him about wait time, etc. But we explained each other and gained mutual respect from one another. (Incidentally, the wait time issue has definitely resolved since they have been in their new offices). I completely trust him; he is funny, intelligent, kind, and has an aura of wellness about him that makes me feel all will be OK. It is true, that unless you tell the appointment desk ahead of time that you wish to be able to talk to him at length, you will get a short visit and a medication checkup. But, if you let them know, they will give you a longer time slot. I also do not feel he is quick to prescribe meds, nor is he willing to prescribe combinations that he feel will be harmful or addictive. I also like his dog - who does sit in the chair in his office, and he is very clean, AND, if you look at the website, it indicates that "Dr. Fluffy" is also generally present, so if you do not like dogs or are allergic to them, don't go!!Overall, I think Dr. Artin is very smart, has an open mind, good education, and an impressive life experience, all of which have enabled him to give me valuable advice over the years. And for a psychiatrist, he pays more attention to, and spends more time with his patients than any of the other psychiatrists I have seen in the last 20 years.[And for the patient who claimed that he wanted to know all about her sex life, I find that quite hard to believe. My experience was that I had some complaints regarding that issue as a side-effect from my antidepressant some years back (common side-effect of antidepressants), and his questions were brief and to the point, and directed at finding a solution. So, for others, I would take that individual's comment with a grain of salt, and consider that it might have been one's perception, rather than fact.]I have also never ever written a commentary about any dr before, but when I saw the negative comments people had put up about Dr. Artin, I had to respond to share my positive experiences...although again...we had a little time period of getting to know one another, and learn not to be prickly. But I am glad I stayed!!