Overall Review

4.7

July 30th, 2016
Just the best!!!!!

November 16th, 2015
Dr. Kalia is no doubt and expert in his field and I knew walking in that spinal surgery is recommended I less than 10% of patients presenting with lower back pain. I originally saw him in 2006 after an MRI revealed two herniated discs. The pain returned in 2015 and my primary care physician ordered another MRI which the radiologist offered that there were moderate issues present. What exactly that meant is unknown so my primary care felt it was time to see Dr. Kalia again. Once in his office he came in and greeted me in a very cordial manner. He advised that surgery was still not an option. I asked if there were any recommendations regarding my current condition and he said "well, narcotics are on their way out and not a viable option here". I was not upset to hear this as I know the epidemic that this state faces however his snarkey attitude was not appreciated. He then provided other options and again in a snarkey manner said they are expensive and may not be an option for you. I trust this man is proficient in his field. He would do what he does if he wasn't. I didn't appreciate being spoken down to and his attempts at degredation. I do not recommend this doctor for that reason alone.

August 2nd, 2012
My pain was diagnosed and surgery was scheduled within 4 days. I had 1 follow up visit to remove staples and have been pain free since, that was 3 years ago. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr Kalia, his staff and the staff at Mercy Hospital.

August 2nd, 2012
amazing results
I had trouble walking into his office before surgery. Now I can skip in there.

July 16th, 2012
Excellent
I recommend Dr. Kalia to anyone who has ever suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia and is planning on having MVD Surgery. There is no one better.

March 16th, 2012
good
Very good doctor, but only problem is that need to wait for an appointment for long time in the office.Otheriwse overall is good, but only suggestion is while waiting patients he should provide some tea or some snacks, so that patient will be liltte energertic.

October 18th, 2011
Brilliant
If you are looking for one of the top experts available in the Springfield, MA area, this is the person to go to. I've had two excellent doctors I know personally recommend him. He knows his field inside and out, will take time with you, isn't "surgery happy", and has an excellent bedside manner. Highly recommended.

June 21st, 2011
This man has to be one of, or, the best at what he does. My cervical surgery went like clock-work, and even though I was informed that this was a high risk surgery I never once felt the Doctor was less than up to the task and his procedure did not let me down. It's nice not being numb down my right side any longer. Thanks doc!

May 13th, 2011
Amazing Doctor
Dr Kalia is the best at what he does. We have complete trust in him. He has done surgery on many of our family members and we wouldnt see anyone but him.

November 30th, 2010
Dr. Kalia is an excellent Neuro-surgeon. I have had surgery twice by him. The second surgery was for a different problem than the first. I would rate him top notch for his skills as a surgeon and for his bedside manner. It is hairy to get this type of surgery and Dr. Kalia puts you so at ease, answers all your questions. He takes the time to listen. I had a very high recommendation from a friend that is an RN. However, I did not stop at that. I asked anyone I knew in the medical community. I was walking hunched over. I had severe pain in my legs. I also let this go for quite a while. Both times, I came out standing straight and without pain in my legs! I could only shop with a carriage to lean on. If you have Spinal Stenosis, you know what I mean. You will be very satisfied with Dr Kalia! His assistant and staff are also top notch! Good luck. I hope this helps.

February 9th, 2009
The best neuro surgeon around

September 1st, 2008