inactive

Kamal K Tiwari MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.6

May 7th, 2012
Glad you're not allowed to practice here anymore
Each visit was a min of 4 hrs wait time, abusive, condencending, and after waiting 4 plus hours I was lucky if I actually saw the man for more than 2 mins and 15 sec (yes, I timed him) - Avoid at all cost, once you have become a patient of his. you get labeled, whether deserved or not. Forced treatments that I did not need and were not effective.

April 9th, 2011
He is a sadistic, malicious human being who is ONLY interested in the thickness of his wallet. If you are permanently injured, too bad. If you die, so what? STAY AWAY from this guy!

October 5th, 2010
He is a jerk.
I actually went tody to his office, and was there literally there ALL DAY from 1pm to 5pm. He was rude, made me cry actually and didnt diagnose me they way I should have been. After reading about his malpractices just now, I would advise anybody who's thinking about seeing him, not too. He pretty much called me an addict and I didnt get the medications I should have... And then when I finally checked out, I learned he couldnt even prescribe narcotics... I'm sorry, I thought I was in a pain clinic, guess not.

August 26th, 2010
Worst Doc I've EVER been treated by.
I had already made my mind up BEFORE I discovered all of the "legal" problems Dr. Tiwari has been and is now involved in that HE would NEVER touch me again. Thank God I had most of my appointments with the doctors who have have ZERO problems with the DEA or any legal authorities. I knew during my first injection that Dr. Tiwari did not 'care' about me nor the care of MY body. All I continued to see was a 'factory' of non-stop money straoght to Dr. Tiwari's pocket. ONE WORD = PATHETIC!

June 23rd, 2010
medication
he took me off all my meds and put me on something totally different and expensive.that didnt work and made me sick.

June 19th, 2010
Basically Forced To See Him
I had an appointment with the Pain Mgmt. Center at Terre Haute. When my appointment date came, I was to see a Dr. G. Ballengee. First visit, they had no record that I had an apptmt. In fact, no doctor was on duty that day. Had to wait two weeks(again)and then the nurse basically talked me into seeing Dr. Tiwari. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia, I have been disabled with fibromyalgia for 15 yrs. He then started questioning me about what I had heard about him,I told him thru the internet and a friend. He denied and tried to explain that there was no danger in reusing syringes. He also said that the media was out to get him and this was all propaganda from our government because he was a foriegner. He was right in my face the whole time. He couldn't write me out a prescription, he just advised and wrote out a recommendation for physical therapy. I was not happy with this visit and I told my family doctor about him, since he is the one who had sent me there. I did tell the nurse that I would not be back there unless I saw Dr. Ballengee the next time, she assured me I would, and I did. I couldn't understand why they had him in the practice at all. While in the waiting room, each person who was taken back there, either came out crying or refused to see Dr. Tiwari. Bad first visit.

May 31st, 2010
he half way reads x-ray reports and mri reports and then try's to force his patients to get injections my very first visit he did injections in my neck and it took 2 people to carry me to our van then i had severe dizzy spells for 3 straight days afterwards

May 20th, 2010
Uncaring, condescending, jerk!

May 13th, 2010
Dr. Tiwari has changed my life. Prior to seeing Dr. Tiwari I was stuck at home in unbearable pain and had trouble rememberingthings. Now I am able to make it through the day because of the meds he prescribed. Anyone who says something bad against this doctor is just out for medicine.Even the claims against him are false, reusing needles, what a joke. I saw hime during this time and I know that no needle was re-used on me. I saw the nurses open the packages that contained the entire sierenge. He is a caring doctor and any person can abbuse medicines or try to sell them but the doctor is not to blame for people's faults.Because of Dr. Tiwari I was able to go back to college and get a B.S. in Business Administration / Finance and a minor in management that I would not have been able to do without his care.He is a great doctor and a great person.

April 29th, 2010
The Medical Board should take his liscense!
I went to Dr.Tiwari's office because of insurance reasons, I had gotten my Disability and my insurance had changed so I was having to start over in finding new Doctors. I had to wait in that office the first time i went for 6 hours! I had a scheduled appt. for 10:30, But i wasn't taken back to a room until 3pm and then had to wait in that room for another hour and a half for him to come in! It was an awful experience, I was in so much pain due to having to sit in those chairs and wait to be seen! I wasn't sure i even wanted to be seen by him again? Dr. Tiwari finally came into the room, He ask who sent me to him? he ask this question MANY times? It was as if he thought the answer was gonna change? I had taken my records to them a few days prior to my appt. due to the protocol there, so they say? Dr. Tiwari didnt even know they were in the chart! I had to tell him they were there.. Dr. Tiwari proceeded to push, pull, and tug on me every way he could! This Dr. has NO compassion for his patients! I had to literally MAKE him stop pushing and pulling on me! He was hurting me so bad. I told him he was making me uncomfortable and he immediately got defensive n said he had to touch me to find out where i hurt? I told him i understood that, but he didnt have to be so rough! I wondered why he got so defensive? I know now after reading about him. I have been in Pain Management for years due to my health, and I have never been treated as poorly as this Dr. treated me! I had still had some of my meds from my prior Dr. and he ask me why i had these Meds in my system? DUH! I knew he had pulled a casper on me, Im not stupid! (I am a nurse btw, before i became disabled) This Dr. was putting words in my mouth, he was telling me there was Medications in my system, that I KNEW wasnt there! I told him that. I told him there was no way! The Dr. told me and the nurse (whom i feel very sorry for, he treats them HORRIBLY!) He said he thought I had Fibromyalgia? I am Diagnosed with 9 diff. things from my neck to my tailbone, Among other health issues. I have NEVER been told that! I was put on Meds to treat that Disease, and let me tell you the side effects from that medicine was awful! (Savella, And Lyrica) Dr. Tiwari told me to come back in 2 wks. and if I didnt have the meds in my system, then he would put me back on my medications that i was taking prior to seeing him? I didnt understand, but I had to stay in pain for 2 wks. I did go back after thinking long and hard. I thought well maybe it was just a bad day at the office? I was SOOOO WRONG! I went back and it was the same thing. I waited for 5 hours this time to be seen. I had to use the restroom when i got there, so i ask them if they could go ahead and do the urine test, because i had to go right then. The nurse gave me the cup and went ahead and gave them the sample, when the Dr. came in he ask me who ordered the urine test? I told him all i told them was i had to pee, and if he was doing the urine test could they go on and do it? He had said on the last visit he was doing one, it must have been in my chart because they done one! He told me at that time that was grounds for Discharge! I said excuse me? I only said i had to pee!!! And he was talking about DISCHARGING me for that! I was shocked! He goes on with the visit, I brought my MRI's like he ask, I sat in PAIN for 2 wks like HE ask! This Dr. NEVER intended on giving me my medication! He didnt even check my urine, he told them to throw it away, HE didnt order it! Instead he went back to the one from 2 wks. prior, he told me the meds that was in my system were grounds for Discharge! That is EXACTLY what he done! During all of this, there was a patient there that he thought had forged his name on a presription, and he was discussing this with ME! This Dr. is very unethical and very unprofessional! He was very rude to his nurses, telling them that they werent trained properly, they didnt know how to do their job! I was in shock hearing him talk to his staff in this way! In front of a patient! I ask him why are you Discharging me? I had done EVERYTHING he ask of me. I was Discharged right then for the meds that was in my system from the last visit! If they were a problem, why make me another appt. for 2 wks.? It was all on my casper, but according to him, I had things in there that wasnt! I know what i have taken and what i havent! I did use a few choice words and told him he was not a good Dr. and i left. He Discharged Me AND the patient that was supposed to have forged his name at the same time! I'm not sure i didnt get caught up in his anger over that patient and his staff?(which that patients chart should never have been brought into my room, much less discussed in front of, and WITH me)! I know this was long, but I am Warning people now, DO NOT go to this Dr. he is a HORRIBLE example of what a Dr. is supposed to be!! He will tell you to be honest with him, and you will get along. I was honest and told him the truth about still having some meds and that was the final reason for my discharge, but he knew that 2wks prior to this visit, so if he didnt like it, why did he tell me to come back in 2 wks. and not to have anything in my system, which is what i done. I sat in PAIN for 2 wks. for WHAT? I was appalled at how he treated me, as if i was a drug addict! He was also saying why cant we just Discharge all these patients? In front of me..I think he Discharges patients for no reason. If you are smart you will not go to this Dr., because whatever he puts in your chart, be it true or not, stays with you. The next Dr. you see will believe anything he writes, and guess who pays for this Doctors lies, WE the patients do! I am just saying be very careful when going to this Dr. I cant comment on any other Dr. there at that clinic, I can only comment on Dr. Tiwari, because thats who treated me. He also owns this clinic. He is NOT what or how a Doctor should be! I hope the board takes your liscense Dr. Tiwari! I know I will be sending in a complaint on you! I hope everyone that you have ever treated badly does the same! I know eventually if enough people complain on you, and you hurt enough people, the AMA will eventually do something to you!

June 23rd, 2008
Long Waits!!!!!!!
There are many times that you do wait long to see the Dr. I think he is a good Dr. but he needs to know that we have things to do also. All of these patients are there for pan mgt. and the long waits are hard for us. Also if Dr.s could be charged for being late maybe they would be on time. I understand things happen but over and over again waiting for 3-6 hours. Maybe we would be on time. He has been my Dr. for many yrs and i continue to go.

April 14th, 2008
You have a wait of 4-6 hrs. and upon finally getting in to see the doctor, you get 3-5 min of his time in return. NOT WORTH IT!