Dr. Kamal Woods MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 1st, 2016
Professional wrestler
Dr. Woods did my neck surgery. I had seen another neurosurgeon in San Diego who recommended a fusion. Dr. Woods explained to me why an artificial disc may be a better option for me. I spent less than 1 day in the hospital. My neck pain and shoulder/arm pain were immediately better. I don't know why I waited so long to have surgery. I'm back to professional wrestling.

December 14th, 2015
great doctor

September 11th, 2015
patient
I would recommend Dr. Woods to anyone. I had lower back pain and major leg pain due to sciatica. He recommended and performed OLIF surgery. Immediately after surgery I had no more leg pain and much less lower back pain. Having this surgery was the best thing I ever did.

September 1st, 2015
Happy lumbar laminectomy patient
Before I saw Dr. Woods, I went to therapy. I also had injections every few months. The injections were not really helping. I got referred to Dr. Woods. He performed a lumbar laminectomy. 6 weeks after surgery I'm up and about with absolutely no pain. It's a gift! I feel like I was reborn. If you are thinking about having spine surgery, do not hesitate for one moment.

August 2nd, 2015
Disc replacement in my neck
I had a cervical arthroplasty performed by Dr. Woods. I went home the morning after surgery. My neck pain and arm pain were completely gone after surgery. The surgery itself was not particularly painful. It's only been 3 months since surgery and I feel like my range of motion has increased compared to before surgery. Such an amazing experience. He is a great doctor and Loma Linda Murrieta is a great hospital.

June 30th, 2015
Exceptional
Dr. Woods is focused on YOU, not his clock. He explains his diagnosis clearly but patients should have a list of questions in hand. I would recommend him enthusiastically for procedures with which he has recent familiarity. He comes with expert training at Cedars Sinai Hospital as a fellowship recipient and has a more youthful outlook and less PRIMA DONNA like presence, less arrogant than some I have met Front desk could use some warmth.

January 9th, 2015
I saw Dr. Woods at the Murrieta office. The facility is beautiful and his office staff are pleasant. I did not have to wait. Dr. Woods was not the typical surgeon. He was easy to talk to and LISTENED. He seemed very knowledgeable. I have seen other spine surgeons in the past for the same condition and none of them were able to explain my condition as well as Dr. Woods. He did not seem "knife happy." My impression is that he really cares about his patients and only operates if necessary. I highly recommend Dr. Woods for those with spine pain.

December 15th, 2014
Retired Soldier
I have been suffering with back pain for over 15 years. I have been told it was my L4 & L5. I went into see Dr. Woods and within 10 minutes of my visit, he told me it wasn't my back but my neck and after he did the CT scan it was confirmed. The C4,5 and 6 were compressing against my spine causing the pain and numbness. Now for the first time in 15 years I am pain free.

June 13th, 2014
OLIF
I had an OLIF by Dr. Woods. I went home the next day and I really didn't have any pain to talk about from surgery. Not to mention that the symptoms I had before surgery all went away. I got my life back.

January 28th, 2014
OLIF
I had an OLIF which completely changed my life. I was not able to stand or walk very much prior to surgery. The surgery was minimally invasive and the recovery was remarkable. After 6 weeks, I was back to walking 2 miles daily. By 3 months, I was playing tennis. The amazing thing is that I have NO PAIN. Dr. Woods is my hero.

November 4th, 2013
Vestibular schwannoma
I was diagnosed with a brain tumor called a vestibular schwannoma. I saw an ENT surgeon who referred me to Dr. Woods. He saw me the same day even though he was in the OR. He was attentive and knowledgeable. Dr. Woods explained that I would need a translabyrinthine craniotomy to remove the tumor. Everything from that point was very smooth. His office made all the arrangements. Surgery was a big success! The entire tumor was removed. I felt like I was ready to go home the day after surgery. What an amazing experience. Dr. Woods, you are a gift to your patients .

October 28th, 2013
Surgery Results
I have been told for 15 years I was unable to be operated on because I could not find a Doctor qualified to perform the type of surgery I required. I have seen several Surgeons and Dr. Woods is the first that I felt extremely confident that the results would cure my issue. I am 1 month out of surgery and am thrilled with the results. Highly recommend Dr. Kamal Woods.