Dr. Kamalakant Thaly MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8
  • 4 reviews

September 11th, 2015
Former patient
I've seen him up until I was about 18 or 19 and he was always so nice

August 1st, 2013
I have been taking my daughter since she was a newborn. I also did not like doctor Thaly. Very unprofessional. Besides being rude with the patients parents he is very harsh and careless with children. Especially newborns. My daughter had eye infection. She had what seemed to be a scratch in outer corner of her eye. First of all he did not wash his hands. Took a tissue which probably was dirty with dust. Since the place has terrible hygiene. He dabbed her eye and opened her eye harshly to see inside of her eyelid. My baby screamed crying. He just said ok ok in a tone of voice like yeah shut it. To me he seemed frustrated. Like all the crying of the children irritated him. Like the other lady's comment. I totally agree he doesn't say much. Patient has to ask all kind of questions. It took me two hours sitting in my car with the air conditioning on to finally get my daughter to calm down. Every time i put her in the car seat she would scream like in panic. I guess she felt unprotected being out of my arms. This lasted until next day when i had to pick up her medicine. When I put her in car seat she had a frightened look on her face. I promised her we would only go to store. After seeing this there is NO WAY I will bring my baby girl back to that clinic. That would probably traumatize her. I am changing to a new pediatric.

June 23rd, 2013
Unbelievable; Worst Doctor Visit Ever.....Especially for a Newborn
And to think....the previous reviewer's comments in 2008 are my exact sentiments in 2013. This was the worst experience I've ever encountered in a Doctor's office. I brought my newborn baby, which happens to be my first born child, to this office as a follow-up appointment to my delivery at West Jefferson Medical Center. First of all, I was expecting to meet with the on-call Pediatrician that I spoke with at the hospital to discuss the test results and examinations she performed, but little did I know, the appointment was set up for Dr. Thaly. The office sign was covered by a 'Quest Diagnostics' sign, so I took a chance and walked in to see that it was actually the correct suite that I walked into. My very first impression was that the facility and décor was very outdated. It has a 1980's vibe to it....and we're in 2013. Many of the signs and medical advice posters were worn and discolored. The white paper was browned and yellowed. The receptionist were actually pleasant, but I didn't like the fact that they weren't visible to the patients. They opened and closed a tinted window each time they assisted someone --- as if they didn't want to be bothered. My daughter's name was called to be seen by the nursed. After measuring my baby she told us to proceed to the back waiting room, but did not escort us. My husband and I ended up going into the wrong room and was redirected after 2 min. of sitting there. The waiting room had a foul odor!! (YUCK!) We were called again by the second nurse to the examination room, but she was not visible. Since this was our first visit, I had no idea who was calling me, where they were, or which direction to go in. Thankfully, another patient was there to help me. This nurse was testing the baby for Jaundice, which at the time, my husband and I knew nothing about. We asked her what it was, and she stated that the doctor would explain it. She didn't have to give a diagnosis, but she could've at least told us what it was. As we sat in the room waiting to see the doctor, we observed how chaotic things were in the hallway. Considering it's a pediatric office and there's crying/sick children, they should work hard to make the experience calm and pleasant for everyone, but instead it felt like an 'anything goes' environment -- no control!! As far as the room's condition, the examination table was a crooked wooden table that looked like it was built in someone's half-lit garage somewhere. The telephone on the wall was old and discolored. The signs were so outdated, which means that it probably was outdated information and medical advice............WAIT IT GETS WORSE.......!!!! In comes Dr. Thaly, he never once introduced himself to us or asked any preliminary questions. He didn't even wash his hands or put on any gloves. Being that we are first time parents, you'd think that he'd at least congratulate us or make small talk to make us feel comfortable about the visit. My baby was 5 days old, and it's already nerve-wrecking constantly hoping that all is well with a newborn baby!! He threw his pad on the table and started his examining the baby. My husband stood next to him to watch, but he never explained any of the things he was doing without us asking first. We had to constantly probe and ask what he was doing.... Next thing you know........this man COUGHED IN HIS HAND AND TOUCHED MY BABY!!!! I wanted to DIE!!! I'm a very calm-natured person, so I did get irate even though he was well-deserving of it. At this point, I was 100% sure that we were not returning for another visit. He finished looking at her and told us he was done. He didn't offer to explain what he'd found, and once again, we had to ask if things checked out. He began writing his findings, and in comes one of the receptionists to relay a phone message to Dr. Thaly. He decided to walk out of the room without excusing himself!!! HE JUST LEFT US THERE!!! Shortly after, he returned with no apology for walking out...He wrapped up the visit and told us to come back in for shots the next month...You KNOW I wouldn't dare return to that place!!! In the end, I walked out feeling sorry for my baby for not having a good initial visit/examination, disregarded, dirty, and confused!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE TO ANYONE!!! THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS.

September 30th, 2008
PLEASE FIND YOUR CHILD ANOTHER PEDIATRICIAN!!!!!
The entire clinic is horrible there are some nurses who are genuinely nice however the wait time is ridiculous, they do not communicate to parents what is going on with their child, they rush you in and out because they are always running behind on appointments, half answer your questions, they have ant infestation inside the clinic area and his nails are always dirty. His english needs work because you can hardly understand him when he speaks, I was reffered to this clinic by a friend she recommended that I see Dr. Dargon but i would not recommend her or anyone else that works at this institution to anyone