Kamran Khoobehi, MD
Video profile
3901 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002
(504) 779-5538
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Fabulous lower Facelift  |  show details
by Barb on Apr 8th, 2014

I had a lower facelift with fat transfers to face and hands under local anesthesia in Dr Khoobehi's office. Procedure took about 3 hours and the results are incredible. At 5 weeks my post op pictures made me ask myself how in world did he do this? The fat transfers filled out the volume I had lost and made me look much younger but still like myself. He said I would look natural and I do. The skin on my hands is very thin and only a limited amount of fat can be added at one time. They look much better but I might consider a second fat transfer there. I was very nervous about doing all this but I will never worry again as he is truly great. His staff is caring and professional and the surgery team is excellent.

|  not so great  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2013

..he did smart lipo on my outer and inner thighs..my results were horrible..he kept telling me to give it more time more time..one year later i am covered in dimples and indents..now he wants to do fat grafting put fat back where he took it out..i am scared of this..ugh i now have what looks like 50 year old legs in my 20's..

|  He's not God, but he IS GOOD!  |  show details
by T. Hall on Sep 2nd, 2013

I'm a 42 yr. old petite black woman. From the side I looked 6 mos. pregnant; from the front and back, I had a block for a mid-section.By my 1-month f/u,I had a defined waistline,was 10 lbs lighter, had a FLAT stomach & my belly button looks normal again,it was elongated due to 2 belly rings pulling through!I'd prepared myself for a hip to hip tell-tell scar that I would be left with but Dr. K made that work out better than expected. My scar is hidden w/i the natural “V” crease where legs meet pelvic area & hips; it looks like the normal shadow created in those creases. Some days I'd panic that ” oh crap, it’s coming back!” & then I'd realize that it bulged b/c I'd eaten alot.I can wear tiny bikinis & my scar is completely hidden;scar is undetectable to the touch. Best part of process is that you have his cell & home # & he texted or called after my every question. I'd recommend him to a friend for a tummy tuck & lipo. It was hard to come by money for plastic surgery,but it was worth every penny!

|  I couldn't have had a better experience!  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2013

I had been looking for a cosmetic surgeon, and had even paid for a consultation with another doctor. I met with Dr. Khoobehi, and from the very beginning, not only was his office lovely, and his staff courteous, prompt and friendly, but he understood what it was that I was talking about when we discussed what it was I was looking to achieve. I had my surgery on 5/30/13, and couldn't be happier with the results! He has remained very involved in my after care, and is very interested in seeing that I achieve my most maximum results. I would very highly recommend Dr. Khoobehi for any procedure that you might be thinking of having done! He's an excellent surgeon who takes pride in his work and who has a superb bedside manner. I did massive amounts of research before having this surgery done, and spoke with numerous people who have knowledge in the area, and I honestly feel that it paid off greatly. Thank you very, very much Dr. Khoobehi! I'll be back, if I ever need to be!

|  Accounting  |  show details
by Helen Marse on May 14th, 2013

I had an LA Facelift Rhytidectomy with moderate fat transfer to lips, chin, eyebrows & cheeks. Also Lipectomy in which he sucked the excess fat from under my neck . This procedure was done in his office April, 2013. I have the extreme confidence in his expertise in his field. I was treated with the utmost care before and after my procedure. He explained before the surgery what results I could expect. In 5 weeks I was healed and amazed at the difference it made. The results were better than I could imagine. His friendly manner made me feel like he was interested in my concerns. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a professional and knowledgeable doctor in this field.

|  Breast Augmentation  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2013

Doctor Khoobehi was very informative and really made me feel like I had all of the information necessary before and after surgery. The end result was better than expected!! I would definitely recommend anyone thinking about getting breast augmentation to go to Doctor Khoobehi. He was great from beginning to end.

|  happy results happy patient  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2013

.Complications from breast implants led me to Dr Khoobehi. He removed the implants and transferred fat to my breasts in 2 procedures. First to prevent deflation and then again 3 months later . My breasts are finally soft but with the firmness of a 20 year old.. I could not be happier. Dr Khoobehi is a wonderful surgeon, caring and professional. Amazing results!! Amazing staff! Amazing surgical team!

by cherie ringel on Jan 25th, 2013

dr khoobehi went right to the problem area that i wanted done. i was so pleased with the results. staff was also great.

|  very satified patient here!!!  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2012

i just wanted to say that i am very satisfied with the dr., his work and his staff. they answered any questions i had and made me feel really good and comfortable. i will go back to if i decide to have any other cosmetic surgery done... :)

|  Professional and Caring  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2012

I am very satsfied with my recent surgery and follow-up experience. The doctor and his staff are very professional and caring. I would return to this practice for additional treatment.

|  My experience with Dr Khoobehi  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

After visiting many plastic surgeons, I was at my ends until I walked into Dr Khoobehi's office. My husband and I felt very comfortable and was treated with the up most respect from not only the staff but Dr Khoobehi as well. He done a fantastic job explaining the pros and cons of the procedure that I was wanting. Unlike most Dr I visited in the past he did not not push the most expensive nor did he try to sell me anything else. He simply gave me every option and of course his recommendation and left the rest of to my husband and I. After talking with him I knew at the moment I was at the Doctor that I would want to do my surgery. Three weeks later I had my procedure and my husband and I could not be happier. I would highly recommend him to any and all that are looking for a plastic surgon.

|  Surgery 2 years ago  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Dr. Khoobehi is very professional, calm and caring. He is so knowledgeable about his field that the visits are quick and painless. His answers are always direct and polite. He answered any and all questions I had about the surgery thoroughly and had sufficient pre-op and post-op informational booklets. When I called the office the nurse was more than happy to answer any questions on the spot, and I had a direct number to reach the Dr. post-op in case of emergency. The staff is very friendly and professional. The office exudes a refreshing, classy atmosphere.

Jul 8th, 2012

I had a rhino/septoplasty 6-29-12. Overall I had a great experience. I felt that I was given a lot of information, attention and was thoroughly educated on all aspects of the surgery. Everyone has been extremely professional and courteous. I am already extremely impressed and happy with my results. My experience far surpassed my expectations and I would highly recommend Khoobehi as a surgeon. I felt at ease and comfortable throughout my dealings with him and his entire staff/office.

|  Natrual breast implants  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

Dr. Khoobehi is a perfectionist! Just had my breast aug 2 wks ago.... from the start they looked wonderful and I only experienced minimal pain. I went with his recommendation for a more conservative size and Im so happy I did.

|  Amazing Results!!  |  show details
by SMILLI2 at Citysearch on May 2nd, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr Khoobehi and his staff are AMAZING! They made me feel completely comfortable and excited for my surgery. I had breast augmentation done in December of 2011. The entire process was informative and they made me feel completely comfortable with any questions and concerns I had. As for the results!! OMG!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! My recovery was quick and my breasts look fabulous and get better everyday. This was one of the best things I ever did for myself and I can`t imagine having any type of work done any where but with Dr. Khoobehi!

|  Face Life and Forehead Lift  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

I had a face lift, forehead lift and fat transfer to my upper lip, plus mold removal, etc. by Dr. Khoobehi recently and the results was perfect. I look beautiful now and don't regret a minute of downtime or expense. His surgery was excellent. He is a very talented man and he really enjoys what he does which makes a difference. His bedside manner is also very good. All of his staff were very personable to me and I will return for work on my face in 10 years when needed. Jo

|  Fat transfer - breast (repair after failed implant)  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Khoobehi by my OB-GYN after breast implant failure (performed by a physician in another city). Instead of going with another implant and the risks associated with that, we opted for the removal of the implants and a fat transfer. I thought that Dr. Khoobehi did a fantastic job at the time, and now, three years later, I am still thrilled with the results. The look is very natural and there is no longer any obstruction on a mammogram which I thought a real plus for this procedure.

|  Breast augmentation  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

If you're looking for a caring, understanding, and very gentle Dr. Your search has ended. I recently (as in 8 days ago had breast augmentation done by Dr. Khoobehi and the pofessionalism along with his very skilled hands made my sugery and recovery a picece of cake. I would go to behind for any other plastic surgery i'd ever want to get. I've already recommended him! Thanks for reading.

|  Excellent Experience  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

Dr. Koobehi and his staff are the most professional medical I encountered when searching for a surgeon. Their offices are beautiful and they make you feel welcome and at ease. The work Dr. Koobehi performed was exemplary. I am more than completely satisfied with my results. He is truly a gifted surgeon.

|  Amazing Surgeon  |  show details
by Mmccarley at Citysearch on Feb 16th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Jan 6th, 2012

I experience was great. Dr. Khoobehi & his staff were very professional & polite. He really took him to listen and answer all the questions i had about my procedure. Recovery went really well. I would def. recommend Dr. Khoobehi to others and myself again. I was very pleased with the outcome of my prodecure better than what i imagined.

|  Best Plastic Surgeon in New Orleans  |  show details
by ProfessorKB at Citysearch on Oct 10th, 2011 on citysearch.com

My experience with Dr. Khoobehi was absolutely phenomenal. His staff was very friendly and helpful. After surgery, Dr. Khoobehi personally made a phone call to check on me. my recovery time was minimal. I had my breast augmentation on Friday, and on Monday I was back at work resuming regular activities. Within a week my stitches were removed, and I was completely healed with minimal soreness. Everyone who has seen my breast augmentation comment on how beautifully sculpted my breasts look. Dr. Khoobehi has an eye for perfection. My augmentation looks so natural that most people can`t even tell that I have had the surgery. It`s perfect. My breasts are symmetrical and fit my body frame. He did a great job. I did a lot of research before choosing Dr. Khoobehi. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is the BEST!!!!

|  DIEP Reconstruction with Lymph Node Transfer  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

My husband and I traveled 2000 miles for me to have Dr Khoobehi's expertise. My outcome was beyond my expectations. My new breast is about the same size and shape as the other. Many of my lymphedema symptoms vanished within days. I am convinced that there are few if any surgeons with the skill to create a matching breast without Dr Khoobehi's study and attention to detail. The Omega Hospital was great, the staff were all extremely caring and attentive. Our relationship started by email and Dr Khoobehi made observations from photos that had not been previously made. My recovery has not been rigorous so far. We were fortunate to be able to stay at Robert F. Taylor Hope Lodge.

|  only negation  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2011

i was dissapointed when i wasnt offered a tank/shirt that said body by khoobehi. i had a few friends who were given one upon completion of their procedures and i felt like maybe he didnt think i looked up to his standards of advertising..

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

My experience with Dr. Khoobehi and his staff was nothing but pleasurable. He was knowledgeable, and I felt as though he did a great job. He listened to my concerns, and explained my options as well as the risks. I have been a patient of his since March of 2011 and have nothing but good results.

May 24th, 2011

Excellent experience

|  Great and talented doctor  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

I disagree with the negative comments. More dissatisfied patients will rate doctors because they are mad and upset. I have been getting Botox for 5 years, and Juvederm once and I find he is conservative and gentle. I'm never over-done and there is very minimal bruising. I also had a breast augmentation consult but changed my mind, however, he was very courteous and professional during that consult. I feel Dr. Khoobehi is an excellent doctor. He also will refuse to do certain things because he believe you don't need it. That is proof he is not just out to make money - and he is not expensive compared to many others in the city!! Highly recommended.

Apr 8th, 2011

Dr. Khoobehi is a con artist, not a plastic surgeon! He tried to tell me I was not a candidate for breast implants and that, "If you find a plastic surgeon that says he can give you implants, they are lying to you". He told me my ONLY option was a $13,000 fat injection procedure that might make my boobs a cup size bigger, at the most! He never listened to my wants, concerns or questions. I waited almost 2 hours to see him and he gave me 5 minutes of his time. He never measured me and also made me feel horrible about myself. I was crying when I left his office. I proceeded to contact other surgeons and had 3 separate consults. All of them told me the exact opposite of what Dr. Khoobehi told me. I have since had saline implants put in by a well qualified and caring plastic surgeon. They look AMAZING! I'm tempted to go see Dr. Khoobehi and show him my new, beautiful breasts and thank him for being such a rude doctor, because I ended up seeing a much better one for my surgery!

|  Highly Recommend Him  |  show details
by sweetee002 at Citysearch on Dec 7th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Khoobehi, Kamran, MD, was my physician for the only two plastic surgery procedures I have ever had. In 2000, I had liposuction surgery around my hips and thighs, I was very please with the results. So I went back in 2010 and I had a tummy tuck. And I was very please with the results of that procedure, as well. His staff they are so professional, I highly recommend him, because hes a great doctor.

Oct 14th, 2010

I could not disagree more with the patients who commented about Dr. Khoobehi being arrogant. He has been nothing but caring, compassionate, and professional. His work is superb, and he is a very gifted surgeon.

|  Great Doctor, Great Results!!! Very Pleased  |  show details
by Brit on Aug 25th, 2010

Dr.Khoobehi did my breast augmentation just a week ago. I could not be more pleased with my results! They are Everything I wanted and more, really! The staff made all appts. around my schedule, not theres, and made everything very clear on the first visit. I did not find him to be rude, or arrogent at all. I would recomend him to anyone I know, and would also return for more work to be done, if i needed any. He is now my plastic sugeron for life. Thanks Dr. Khoobehi and Staff for such a great job! Keep up the good work!!!

Jul 9th, 2010

Honestly, Dr. Khoobehi is an AWESOME surgeon. He was born to do plastic surgery. Yes, I read these reviews before I went to him, but I had already seen first hand the fabulous work that he has done. At first he may seem business-like. But I am telling you that he has your best interest in mind. I found him to be warm and personable. I can't say enough about his office staff - may of whom have had surgery by Dr. Khoobehi. If you are not convinced, take a look at them. They look FABULOUS. Also, he will give you his personal cell phone number if you have any questions or concerns after surgery. Dr. Khoobehi is one of the best I have seen!!

Feb 13th, 2010

bad doctor

|  Not good with breast work or with facial fillers, but good with tummy tuck.  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2009

Very arrogant, but doesn't seem to understand the female breast. I paid `$10,000 for lift and he suggested fat transfer to my breasts. Breasts looked great for first 3-4 months. By six months they dropped, sagged and deflated. He said he does not understand. For $10,000 he better understand! So now i am very disappointed with my breasts so much. I wish i had gone to someone else to do it. Now i am checking into another doctor to repair this work and hopefully give me the nice tight and youthful breasts I deserve.

|  Good surgeon  |  show details
by christianne1985 on Feb 5th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Good surgeon. Good with botox. Not always good with injectible fillers though. It is hit or miss. Does not respond well if you are not happy with his results. They take it as an offense The office is not good with communication.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Excellent surgeon, but a little arrogant. Not good with fillers  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2008

Very talented surgeon, thought I have pretty wide scars. have not had face surgery with him, so i am a little hesistant to do so because of my breast scars are so visible. But he does great work otherwise, but he is not good with facial fillers. Overinjects and injects too superficially. Left with lumps in the wrong places.

|  breasts  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2008

Don't bother. He is arrogant and expensive.