Dr. Kamyar Assil MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Thousand Oaks, CA

3.4

October 3rd, 2016
This Doctor has the worst manors of any Dr. I ever met, All he cares about is your pocket book before he even asks whats wrong, he has a rudeness to woman. If he was the only pain Doctor I would rather have the pain then deal with him, we walked out after the second appointment

February 18th, 2016
Horrible
Horrible staff work comp lady miss piggy Connie is the worst NEVER again will I go to that office

January 3rd, 2016
Excellent, caring pain management specialist
I suffered from debilitating headaches for 15 years. The pain was so intense it could wake me up at 3:00 a.m., with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. This was accompanied by photosensitivity and loss of balance. The headaches increased to as often as several times a week. I missed work and even days on vacation. After an MRI, I was diagnosed with 4 herniated discs in my neck. My surgeon said that to “fix” this condition would require a lengthy surgery to complete a 4-level fusion in my neck, which would lead to losing 50% of the mobility in my neck. I am so grateful that my surgeon referred me to Dr. Assil. Dr. Assil did a thorough work up and exam. He immediately determined which nerves in my neck were causing the headaches. Dr. Assil explained my condition, and a plan of treatment. After treatment by Dr. Assil, I have not had a debilitating headache. Dr. Assil is also one of the kindest, most patient physicians I have seen. I am very impressed with the depth of patient education he provides, also. I have recommended Dr. Assil to several friends.

October 4th, 2015
Dr. K. Assil and his staff are awesome!!! Very happy to have Dr. K.Assil as my pain management doctor. I was in pain for many years and when I was referred to Dr. Assil he changed everything. I'm now able to have motion in my arm and have a significat amount of pain gone!!! I can't express enough how thankful I am to be able to move my arm again!!! I'm happier, my family is grateful and my life has changed for the better!!! Thank you Dr.Assil and staff

May 25th, 2015
Dr. Assist has been my pain management doctor for over 15 years. His insights and skills have been instrumental in increasing my quality of life. I truly depend on him for conscientious care.

February 14th, 2014
AVOID
I saw Dr. Assil and he wanted to do a procedure that he didn't explain to me very well. To him "let's just go in and do ..." I did some research and consulted with a friend who is a pain specialist an another state. To quote that friend..."run fast, run far" My friend said the procedure has a high risk rate and very low success rate. My dr. friend said I would be better to do nothing than to do what Dr. Assil suggested.

April 3rd, 2013
Consumer be aware...
Plan on usual 2+ hr waits. He treats females as mindless children and not to be taken serious. I soon noticed I was treated better if I brought a male acquaintance, who Dr Assil spoke to every time, as if I was not present. He was planned to control my pain while I was in the hospital having surgery. But he allowed me to suffer and my surgeon was so upset he took over my pain control. All I will say is - consumer be aware...