Dr. Kamyar Cohanshohet MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

January 28th, 2016
Dr. K is Amazing
I have severe back pain from a botched back surgery. the plastic disc is pinching my main nerve root at L4/L5. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed if it weren't for Dr. K. His bedside manner is fantastic. He is so sweet and always picks up your spirits with his great bedside manner.

November 7th, 2015
Greatest Dr who actually liatens to you
I dont have a single negative thing to say. Ive been going to Dr K for a while and he spends every second actually listening and reviewing your records of injury or issue. He gave me my quality of life back and when i felt ready to get off pain meds because you cant live your whole life on them. After a while you become tolerant and you need to make the choice to get off because your pain isnt being managed like it used to and in my opinion it wasnnt an option to get stronger pain meds, Dr K is so knowledgle of managing pain and helping you get off them so comfortable. You read reviews of other drs who dont care and let their patients suffer. He listened and gave me what i needed to be comfortable and it was a pleasant experience. Not one day did i feel like i couldnt handle it anymore. He is compassionate, he listens and he actually cares about every aspect of your experience with him. I am forever grateful for him!

July 19th, 2015
Caring and Compassionate
Dr. K is a good doctor for those with chronic pain. He behaves with care and compassion. Other doctors, sadly including many pain specialists, treat their patients with suspicion and an undercurrent of an advetsial relationship even after years of working together without incident. Dr. K feels like he is truly on your side (provided you don't try anything shady of course, then he appropriately refuses to treat malingering patients ). He spends a lot of time with me in appointments, getting to know me, thoroughly checking in and updating his understanding of where I'm at each month. He listens and remembers what you said. Many pain doctors insist on doing procedure after procedure even when they've already been proven not to work or there is no medical reason to think they would. Other docs do this because it is highly profitable for them. They constantly pressure the pain patient into dubious procedures with implied threats that they will discontinue treatment if you don't play along. Dr K does not do this. He creates a safe environment. It never feels like I'm being dehumanized and or treated like his personal ATM. He is good about communicating information and debunking myths and misconceptions. It's a small office, appointments can sometimes be hard to book right away and because he spends so much individual time with patients, his wait times are sometimes lengthy as every patient gets his full attention. Overall he is certainly one of the best pain doctors ive seen in ten years of being a chronic pain patient.

August 25th, 2014
Dr K is the best!! He makes you feel relaxed and is very compassionate
Dr K really cares about his patients. He is so kind and has a huge heart. He is compassionate and will take the time to listen to whatever you need to say. He never makes you feel rushed and is EXCELLENT at what he does. Luv you Dr K

March 20th, 2014
Excellent doctor & office
Dr. Cohanshohet is compassionate, extraordinarily knowledgeable, very accessible and an excellent physician. I consider myself fortunate to be his patient and can't recommend him highly enough. I've never been to a specialist who spends so much time every appointment talking with and listening to a patient. When you suffer from chronic pain, finding a doctor who also understands and addresses the myriad problems which accompany pain is rare, but Dr. K. does. He always inquires about one's professional and personal life, and is genuinely concerned about his patient's overall well-being. He takes the time to get to know you and fosters a wonderful doctor-patient relationship, like an old-fashioned GP, while being a specialist who's at the top of his field. It's the best of both worlds! In addition to enjoying thorough appointments, if you have a problem or question, you can call or email him, and you'll get a prompt response. Before becoming Dr. K's patient, my health and quality of life were steadily declining. After moving to Los Angeles from the East Coast two years ago, I had a horrible time finding a good pain specialist, and my experiences with area clinics were awful. Two minute consultations, numerous prescriptions for multiple medications that made me feel worse, and then terrible, if any, follow-up were the norm. Finding him was literally a lifesaver. Gayle, Dr. K's office manager, is like him the very best. Every time I speak with her, from the first time I called with general questions, to when she calls with appointment reminders, or when I've needed help, she's always extremely professional, polite, and kind. She goes out of her way to be helpful, and in L.A. that's a rarity!

April 9th, 2013
Great MD
Unlike many medical offices ,where the goal is to rush as many patients through as possible,Dr. Cohanshohet will take the time and talk with you.He will offer many solutions and give the information needed to make an informed decision about the treatment you will receive for your injury or illness.

November 6th, 2012
Dr K. changed my life
Prior to meeting Dr. Cohanshohet my life was unbalanced. I was struggling with pain and nearing a cycle of immobility and depression. Dr K provided me with a pain therapy program that has both managed my pain and helped me rehabilitate. I am currently living my life dream as a professional musician. Praise for Dr. Cohenshohet....he changed my life.

October 22nd, 2012
For the past 20+ years I have suffered from a degenerative condition that causes severe chronic pain, and because of that have seen numerous physicians. I previously lived in Michigan & while there was being treated by a really awesome doctor. When it came time to move to California, my biggest concern was being able to find a doctor of the same caliber as the one I was leaving. Then I found Dr. K. and it became clear that all of my worries were for naught. Dr. K is one of the most caring, compassionate and knowledgeable doctors I have come across. No matter what his day is like, he always takes as much time with me as needed so that all of my questions and concerns are explained and understood. When coming up with a treatment plan, it isn't just 'This is what I want you to do', I am asked for my opinion and

September 7th, 2012
Kaiser failed to manage my pain...
I endured 2 years of mis-diagnosis, "suspicious" treatment and the do-loop of Kaiser before I found Dr. "K" and successfully managed my back pain pain!Visits to my HMO always began with the premise that I was "making it all up".Without a doubt, Dr. Cohanshohet and his office manager, Jacquelyn dramatically improved my "quality of life" and made me feel as if I more than a medical record number. Today, my life has value.

August 31st, 2012
Dr. K a doctor who truley cares and understands his patients.
Dr.K has changed my life completely for the better. I have been in chronic pain for years due to my medical problems and have been to a few different doctors because none of the doctors I have been to have been able to treat my condition in the right way. So for years I have been suffering in horrible pain not able to get out of bed or do anything. I could not be a good mom to my kids or wife to my husband in the way I needed to be. I couldnt eat, sleep, get out bed, or do much of anything. And due to the chronic pain and suffering everyday it came to a point I was so severly depressed I even had suicidal thoughts. Then I meet Dr. K and he changed my life from the first day I meet him. He is so kind, caring, compasionate, and understanding. He really takes his time to sit down and talk to you and help you in every way physically and mentally. Since seeing Dr. K my life has dramatically changed for the better my pain is under control which it hasnt been in years. He is always there for you when you need him. I am now able to go back to the life I had before my illness. I am finally the mother and wife I wanted to be. Im able to sleep, eat, and live a normal life again. And thats all thanks to Dr. K. I refer all my friends, family, and neighbors to him because I know he is the best doctor anyone could ever have and want. Also the front office staff is amazing they are so warm, friendly, and outgoing. Whenever you call they make you feel like your calling a good friend. And they always get you in right away if you need. They go above and beyond to help you in any and all ways. I could go on and on about how wonderful Dr. K and his staff are but the main thing is there is really no more caring,intelligent,compasionate, understandind, and wonderful Dr in the world than Dr. K

August 25th, 2012
Dr. K is awesome. I went into pain management with guilt and uncertainty. He made me feel comfortable and found a program for me that I can manage and am doing really well with.He is warm and kind, never behind more than 10 minutes and never has more than one other person in the waiting room. My quality of life has greatly improved since I began seeing him 4 months ago. Greatly.

August 15th, 2012
very conscientious
Dr. Cohanshohet is very attentive during an office visit and takes the time to understand issues and current condition. I was especially impressed by how conscientious he and how he would would not move on until all questions have been answered. This would be while other patients are waiting. I do not feel rushed during an office visit which is rare.