Dr. Kanan Modi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 21st, 2015
Horrible
This doctor is very cold with my children. She shows no effect ion what's so ever or a simply nice gesture. She often has a bad day and is often giving her staff a bad time. Doctor is always late! There hasn't been once where I'm in and out in less than an hour. It's more the waiting time in the exam room with my two toodlers than the time she takes to exam my children. Staff is very friendly and is often making excuses for Dr.Modi of why she is running late or excusing her for having us waiting for so long. there's been 5 occasions where my appointment has been change due to the fact she has so many emergencies. I work at a doctors office and I know how that goes. Either dr does not want to come at there first patient appointment or they have other personal important things to do than seeing there patients.

February 26th, 2015
Very pleasant to visit this doctor , she is very warm & concerned about my children . The wait may be long but it is very much worth it. She always calls us back & makes me feel comfortable by explaining about my child's condition . Office staff is really very friendly. I would highly recommend Dr Modi .

December 12th, 2014
All 3 of my children have been coming to Dr. Kanan Modi for 6 years. She is a really good doctor. I will admit there is a wait to be seen once we are in the office, BUT they do offer same day appointments to all patients. I am a worry mother, so if I needed anything after hours, I would call the office and she was very quick on calling me back with advice. The staff is very warming on the phone and in person.

February 10th, 2012
Against breastfeeding, bad bed side manners
I took my daugther who was one year old at the time to see doctor Modi for the first time. My daughter started crying non-stop. Dr Modi could not take her crying spells and refered me to a psyquiatrist. She told me that I should wean her off the breast because there is not benefit from it and my daughter was too old to be breasfed. There is nothing wrong with my daughter she even goes to her Gymboree classes, she is very sociable.She just had bad experiences with doctors. A year later,I took my daughter back and she was not crying or anything.Dr Modi said that my daughter is older now and that was the reason she was not crying no more. Come on, she doesnt know about unsecured attachent, anxiety in children - even though I have explained that she wa use to see me and her father.Doctor Modi does not spend time asking or responding questions. She is just there for the money and she doesn't truly care for the patients. Terrible bed manners! No eye contact which is extremely rude and I have asked her about her weight and height percentile scale and she got mad taking a long time to answer and yelling across the back room.. I do not recommend her

March 30th, 2010
this lady is crap

January 30th, 2010
Wonderful Dr!
My seven month old baby had come down with croup on a Friday. We were welcomed into the office immediately. My baby received two breathing treatments, steroids, antibiotics, and it was necessary for him to get xrays as well. We did have to go to the hospital since it was all so severe. Dr. Modi called us back in 20 minutes with the results, later that evening, and followed up with us on Saturday. She cares about her patients and made every effort to prioritize every sick child that walked into her office that day. And trust me, there were many of them.

December 3rd, 2009
patient concern
she told me over the phone when I was trying to get a referral to a specialist that her girls were busy and that there were other patients more sick than my child and that I would have to wait for them to have time to put the referral in, that my request was not life threatening so I would just have to wait however long it took