Dr. Kanchan Kamath MD Patient Reviews

• 7 reviews

October 15th, 2016
patient
I find Dr. Kamath extremely knowledgeable in her field of medicine. She is very thorough. I tell her she is a :"WALKING ENCYCLOPEDIA". A very fine a and caring person besides.

April 18th, 2015
Happy with Dr. Kamath
After I had to change the doctor I went to for over 20 years, I had given up on finding a new one. I need some one that I could relate to and at the same time keep current with the medical research. Surprisingly, I look forward to going to the doctor., She spends time with me and answers all of my questions. Follow up is scheduled when necessary.

December 18th, 2014
she's great
my experience is that Dr. Kamath isn't thorough and attentive. She does not rush to inclusions and confirms data with questions to the patient. She offers advice without threatening. Although in the care of specialists she took the initiative to cll and check on my husband.

November 29th, 2014
Very thorough, caring, takes time and will listen to u.

October 11th, 2014
Doesn't listen to the patient or make an effort to make a diagnosis
Went to Dr Kamath hoping for an answer as to why I had been experiencing severe pain along with many other symptoms for two months. Total waste of time and money. Without even listening to me explain my symptoms, she claimed it was all in my head. This was because two weeks prior her nurse had me get a metabolic panel test done and nothing showed up as unusual. I had already had these tests done at the ER and Urgent care. When I actually saw Dr Kamath in person, she was unwilling to do any further testing until I argued that I was in pain and need an answer. She then states she will run some GI tests since I was experiencing diarrhea. Never mentioned having diarrhea and don't have it as a symptom. After bringing this up to her, she still ordered the tests along with the same bloodwork she had already done previously. I asked what could be done if these additional test come back negative, she said "nothing". Really? nothing? Unless your disease or illness shows up in bloodwork, she is clearly unwilling to investigate further or run other tests. Debra, her nurse practitioner, and Cindi were excellent along with all the office staff. But the office staff can't help you make a diagnosis. I would never go to Dr. Kamath again and suggest others think twice about seeing her if you have anything wrong other than the flu or a common cold or something not covered by your insurance as she did mention that as a factor.

July 13th, 2013
care for myself and elderly mother
Dr. Kamath is a caring and understanding doctor. She treats both my mother (92) and myself and has always be responsive to our medical needs. She is thorough, but makes certain she does not overuse medications when more natural ways to cure the problem are an option. That is important to us and we appreciate her help to keep us well.

August 29th, 2012
no nonsense
I have been there twice and she is no pushover, but that is why she is good for me. I need someone to push me. Her nurse is a doll and she makes up for it all.