Dr. Kanta Shah MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

May 26th, 2012
Do your research first!
My experience with Dr. Shah is one that I hope not to repeat again. She could use a course in courtesy and bedside manners but that may not help with her diagnoses. Research the medications she prescribes before you do any harm to yourself. I learned the hard way.

May 14th, 2012
Extremely rude staff , extremely difficult to get things authorized as the auth person does not have experience.Knowledge by md is not the best. Had anaphylactic response to injection in the office---good response for 911, however staff said" we gave you that medication before" . Well guess what--you can have a reaction at any time. MD never followed up after paramedics to me to the hospital---didn't even know I was admitted and almost died---and then went to give me the same medication again. Not Safe!

March 29th, 2012
Dr. Shah is very uncompassionate, arrogant, and even outright rude.
Through my short, but seemingly long 3-month period with Dr. Shah, I was prescribed and took countless medications and was treated very poorly. I had a bad roll-over car accident which led to compound fractures of both bones in both my legs, a severed tibialus tendon, many acute fractures in my lumbar and thoracic vertebrates, and two bulging discs. Dr. KANTA Shah first treated my pain with hydrocodone, gabbapentin, and orphedrine ER. After this month she continued to change and switch medications, from hydrocodone to Tramdol ER to oxycodone. She put me on countless medications, from nerve pain medications such as Lyrica and Gabba-pentin, to muscle relaxers, prescription NSAIDS, and even anti-depressants? I told her I was reluctant to take a mood-stabilizer due to adverse side-effects but she seemed unconcerned with my concerns. She prescribed a strong MAOI antidepressant Cymbalta to me anyways, and I often felt forced. She did many tests on me, sticking me with needles and shocking me to test nerves. My last visit she made me wait over 2 hours after I was 10 minutes late, so she could have lunch. I told her the oxycodone was helping and the other medications were not. She concluded the session by informing me she would no longer be prescribing me any narcotics to treat pain (basically calling me out as a drug-seeking addict), all two weeks before my school semester ended. I had to drop-out of two classes and request incompletes, due mainly to her poor treatment. I cannot stress enough how bad of a doctor Kanta Shah is. She is throughly-"blind" in her diagnosis, rude, stubborn as a mule, arrogant, unhelpful, and generally has awful beside manner and treatment regimes. I believe you should stay away from Kanta Shah and see a specialist who specializes in treating their patients like a human-being.

February 28th, 2012
absolutely the best
Dr Shah is so caring and knowledgable that we now drive almost an hour to see her. She has made my husband's quality of life 100 percent better. She not only listens to him but shows such caring and respect for the value of life.

August 15th, 2010
GENTLE THOROUGH AND PROFESSIONAL
I have seen Dr. Shah for referred pain management for two different problems. In both cases, she was warm, caring, gave a thorough exam, asked a lot of questions, and recommended a number of tests. She wrote a very detailed Rx for physical therapy, and while I did not like the physical therapist she referred, it was the most specific and targeted-- and again, thorough, PT I have ever had. And it helped. She is not big on just prescribing narcotics, so if that is the kind of pain management you are looking for, you may have problems. She tried a lot of different approaches with me-- she tried a number of different medications, for instance, asked me for very specific feedback, and just kept trying different meds looking for one that worked. She never pushed any particular approach, and she never pushed me to have sterioid injections. I don't like taking drugs, even to deal with pain, and she worked hard to find a med that helped me with pain but didn't make me into a zombie at work. THe next time a doctor told me I needed pain management, I knew exactly where to go, and Dr. Shah ed me both times.

January 13th, 2010
Very rude staff. The place is out for the money. Wants to do lots of procedures and MRIs there, as it is a all-in-one stop and shop place. Be careful about being pulled into the cycle of it all.

August 29th, 2008
Heart less doctor
This lady does not know anything about pain management. She thinks a shot of steroids will fix every thing. She does not care about the patient. She will not listen to you,she thinks she is right about every thing. Stay away if possible