Dr. Kanwal Nayyar MD Patient Reviews

3.6

October 18th, 2016
Visit Review
Excellent Doctor, Very knowledgeable, Friendly, Caring about patient needs. Highly Recommended.

July 12th, 2013
Wonderful doctor.
As far as Dr's go, I would rank Dr. Nayyar as a 10. I had been diagnosed with MS by another neurologist the previous year, but wasn't satisfied with the level of care I got there. My insurance company assigned me Dr Nayyar, which turned out very well. Dr. Nayyar has a wealth of knowledge, which he shares in a manner that you will understand and won't feel talked down to. Unlike my previous neuro, he isn't intimidated by a patient wanting full transparency. His bedside manner is wonderful, you almost feel like family. He clearly loves what he does and his patients are more than just a folder to him. When my mother asked if there was a cure for MS (which we all know there's not), he answered with more patience and compassion than I could have mustered. Messages left for him are returned same day or, at latest, next day. I was also impressed when, on my first visit to see him, he decided to order a full MRI panel of my brain and spinal sections. My previous neurologist had deemed any spinal MRI's unnecessary, even after I complained of pain in my thoracic spine area. After the coldness of my previous neuro, his humanity is a welcome thing to me. If it seems like I'm praising him too highly, I can only say there isn't high enough praise for him in my mind. This is the guy to go to if you have any kind of nervous system illness. The only downside to his office is his staff, which can be rather hit or miss in the basic courtesy department. They do their jobs well enough, however, so this is just a minor quibble. They're not the reason I keep going, anyhow.

August 2nd, 2012
For once, my insurance did something right...
I was assigned Dr. Nayyar by my insurance, after a terrible time with my first neuro. Making an appointment was a bit hard at first, as he was out of the office. However, once I did get the appointment, it was timely. His office staff don't seem

March 8th, 2012
Diagnosed with MS in four months, what took other doctors over 10 years and hundreds to thousands of dollars to figure out (and never did!). I highly recommend him!