Dr. Kapil Moza MD Patient Reviews

August 25th, 2016
Second spinal surgery
I had an artificial disc surgery at C5/C6 by another doctor three years prior and had favorable results, but wasn't at all pleased with everything around that doctor, like his staff, etc. So thankful my regular doctor recommended I see Dr. Moza. I had a fusion this time at C6/C7. What I liked most about him is he is so hands-on and performs everything himself and doesn't have his assistant do it. He didn't rush at my office visits, and on surgery day, he made sure I was comfortable before and after surgery. He explains everything. His stitching he even does. So from start to finish, I was in good hands. He's very intelligent (duh, he's a neurosurgeon), but you get what I'm saying. His staff is EXCELLENT! They called and checked on me and gave me their phone numbers! I just really liked him! I am one week post-op, and I'm looking forward to feeling better and better! Best part....you can tell he absolutely loves his work!

August 24th, 2016
Teacher/Mom of twins
Dr. Kapil Moza is truly a brilliant, caring doctor who spends time listening to you! From the first visit I had with him he took the time to order a special MRI just looking for my Chiari 1 Malformation and then went one step forward and had the MRI performed the same day. His caring was throughout the process of me deciding to do the surgery to the day of the surgery and post op.He was spot on communicating with me what I would feel like each week after the surgery. I can truly say driving almost 2 hours away to see this doctor... has truly changed my life!! I am 4 weeks post op and their is not an ounce of regret as I am healing quickly and completely satisfied with my results! What a blessing!!

August 20th, 2016
Quality care . The best !
Dr. Moza was recommended by a neighbor and I couldn't be happier. The staff was very attentive , helpful , caring and professional especially Yevonne. The Insurance was new to me and they took the extra time to advise and see to my concerns. Dr Moza has changed my life with this surgery.

August 14th, 2016
Microdiscectomy
Dr Moza is a miracle worker. I was seen by him within a day of calling his office. I went right in, no waiting, and he reviewed my films and identified the exact culprit of my pain. I was in surgery shortly thereafter and not even 3 weeks removed from surgery, I am pain free, happy and healthy. Dr Moza does what other doctors cannot do. Simply stated, he is a life saver and life changer.

August 12th, 2016
My Surgery and Care
Dr. Moza and his staff are very personable, professional, and takes the time to listen to concerns. The surgery Dr. Moza performed on me was a success and alleviated virtually all the pain I was experiencing. Prior to my surgery Dr. Moza explained everything to me in detail which helped to alleviated much of my anxiety about my surgery. And although Dr. Moza is not in my health plan network, the cost of my care was no more than if I used a doctor in network. I would recommend Dr. Moza to anyone looking for a neurosurgeon. Thank you Dr. Moza and staff for all the care and attention I received.

August 1st, 2016
If I could rate Dr. Moza "beyond excellent" I would!
If i could give this DR. a "beyond excellent" rating in every category I would. Starting with the staff of Yvonne and Candice, they are sweet. They are thorough. We have never waited very long at all in the lobby at office visits maybe 10 minutes. They are on the ball! With regard to Dr. Moza, simply put he is great! He explains everything to us non medical people in ways for us to understand. He takes his time with you and you never ever feel rushed or unsure of what was just said. He explains in detail what will happen before, during and after surgery. He explains ,in detail, what hardware will be used. He follows up and follows through after a procedure. He makes you feel as though he is available FOR you and he is. Great personality. Great sense of humor. Highly recommended by other local medical professionals for his "beautiful surgical skills".

July 13th, 2016
BEST DOCTOR ANYWHERE
Dr. Moza and his staff really took the time to understand my concerns and do a thorough examination before giving me any options. In have seen other Neuro and Ortho in this area and nothing beats the skilled and knowledgeable Dr. Moza. I have my life back after proceeding with a Two Level ACDF. I am back to living an active lifestyle pain free. Thank You Dr. Moza and your amazing team.

June 30th, 2016
Dr. Moza is the best!
I was suffering from a pinched nerve causing radiating tingling, pain and weakness into my arm. Dr. Moza quickly diagnosed my condition and got me in for an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. I of course was naturally afraid of surgery but I can tell you it was a piece of cake! It was fast and I was out the same day! Dr. Moza and his team are compassionate and I felt 100% secure under his care. I recommend him to anyone!

June 24th, 2016
I'm a 68 year old male. I was diagnosed with scoliosis while in high school. I was never limited to any physical activity during my lifetime. However, throughout my life I would have various degrees of back pain. Along the way I completed physical therapy, and later took oral medication to handle my pain. I did not get the epidermal shots and refused the thought of back surgery. When I "hit" my 50's the back pain grew stronger and stronger. I promised myself that I would live with the pain and not get surgery because of the horror stories I heard about surgery. But one day the pain was so excruciating I could not take it any longer. So I talked to four different doctors (specialists), talked to several of my friends who had surgery, and researched surgeons to find someone to handle my pain. Upon my research I found Dr. Moza. Once I read about him I decided to put my trust in him (with Gods help) and decided on back surgery. That decision was one of the best decisions I've made in my life time. The back pain I was experiencing was now gone. I had such great success with the surgery that my wife, who also had serious back pain of a different type and had considered surgery but declined for years for some of the same reasons as mine, decided to have her surgery a year later with Dr. Moza. Today she is also pain free. Dr. Moza is a "gift from God". I would recommend him, without hesitation, to anyone who has back pain. You will not regret your decision. His reputation is growing rapidly as people come from out of state and country to see him. He is truly an outstanding surgeon.

May 31st, 2016
I chose a neurosurgeon over an orthopedic surgeon because of the complexity of my case. Thank you Dr. Moza for the excellent experience of healing again.

May 9th, 2016
ACDF - 2 levels C5-6-7
For some reason my original review is no longer here. I left a review on month 4 post-surgery. So here it goes. What more can I say about Dr. Moza that hasn't been said already in the reviews? I had my ACDF back in Oct 2015. I am 7 months post surgery now and I feel better than I ever have actually. Don't go to a chiropractor, ever! That's all I can say. The Ortho surgeon that I saw first said that I only needed 1 disc fusion and they were doing the whole sales routine on me and told me that I absolutely needed it. I decided to see Dr. Moza as a 2nd opinion and he found that I needed 2 levels, not just 1 and that if I just got 1 level fused, that I would most likely be back a few years later. Dr. Moza even said that I actually didn't have to get the surgery right away and if I wanted to wait a little bit longer, I could. He took the time to explain everything to me. I left the appt. at total ease, mentally and physically. It was like a tightly wound knot, that was brain, was finally loosened. I've bumped into so many people with neck/back issues and I've referred all of them to him. When you have a neck-brace on, people do approach you asking if their own issues have any kind of solution and I tell them, "Yes, you need to see this Dr.". My surgery was done at Thousand Oaks Surgical Center. It was the best hospital that I've ever been to. I highly recommend it. Post-Surgery 1. 1st week sucks but hands, arms, shoulders, and back are pain-free. 2. 2nd week gets a lot better, I could have gone back to work if I truly needed to. 3. 1st Month - hands, arms, shoulders, back are golden!!!!. 4. 2nd Month - I was able to take off my neck brace and life was excellent, I was free. 5. 3rd, 4th Month - I was feeling good, neck wasn't fully strong but everything was getting better. 6. After 6th month - my tricep and biceps were turning back on. The muscles were coming back. I suffered atrophy. My hands never felt so good. 7. 7th month - I'm working out like a mad man, surfing, jumping around, running. I'm better than I've ever have been before. Thank You Dr. Moza!

May 2nd, 2016
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST
When you hear the words "Surgery" most people feel scared, you panic, cry, and anxiety kicks in. You face the fear of searching for the right surgeon, the best surgeon and now this is your journey for next weeks ahead... My search for a Neurosurgeon ended when I found Dr. Kapil Moza. He is absolutely the BEST! Facing neck surgery is frightening in its self, but once I had a heart to heart talk with Dr. Moza regarding the procedure (C4 C5 C6 C7 Fusion & bone spurs removal}, my fears dissipated. The pain was so excruciating I could hardly wait until I was pain free... Surgery day came and I felt so comfortable and confident in knowing I was in the BEST of hands. SUCCESSFUL!!! I'm now living pain free and I have Dr. Moza to thank for that...he gave me my life back. I am so impressed with how intelligent and knowledgeable he is, he stands out from the rest in my eyes. I want to thank the girls in his office, Yvonne and Candice who made my life so easy by answering questions and really caring about my needs. What a great TEAM! I can't thank you enough Dr. Moza for being the BEST Neurosurgeon and for really caring about ME...truly a blessing from above.