> > Patient Reviews
Doctor's site
313 S Moorpark Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
(805) 497-3622
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Veteran's Highest Personal Doctor Rating Ever!!  |  show details
by Col L (continued) on Sep 17th, 2014

I have two thoughts for anyone thinking about Dr Moza to resolve your serious neurological needs: a. As a 25-year military Veteran, and second in charge of the largest Air Force operation in Baghdad (where I sustained damage to my spine), I have been exposed to many wounded military, their injuries and the doctors that go out of their way to provide the best care in the world. Using that experience, and as a patient, I have closely observed and evaluated Dr Moza’s total patient interaction, results of his surgical expertise, bedside manner, complete patient care, follow up and going above and beyond doing everything he could to make me heal as quickly and properly as possibly. As a result, I can personally attest that no one is as confident, polished, brilliant and professional in Neurosurgery as Dr Moza. You see, I completely recovered inside of 8 weeks, I got the green light from him yesterday and today...I ran 3 miles for the first time since my surgery. No pain, no weakness, no numbness, nothing! b. As a former senior military officer and Aide de Camp to the Secretary of the Air Force, I have had the unique privilege of working with several Presidents and Prime Ministers from around the world and over 40 events with the POTUS and his Cabinet. They surround themselves with the top people...the elite in every profession, including their doctors. These people have the ability to do astounding work, communicate their very complicated actions in a manner that is easy to understand, and then carry out their very daunting task as if it was second nature. No challenge is too hard and they live for the chance to use their very polished and unique skills to fix a problem. They absolutely lead the way in every aspect of their profession. After observing these professionals and knowing what it means to be at this level, I can definitely say that Dr Moza’s caliber walks in that crowd!! He has earned my eagles!!!!

|  Simply "The Best"  |  show details
by David C. on Sep 16th, 2014

Dr. Moza was the first doctor in 12 years that took the time to tell me exactly what was causing my pain and what procedure to take to remedy it. I had been to 4 different doctors and have had epidurals done in the past but the pain eventually returned and was even worse. Dr. Moza corrected it and even after my surgery, stopped by on the "weekend" to check up on me. What doctor does that anymore" I'm grateful to him, his team and my good friend Darryl for refering me to Dr. Moza. Feeling Great Finally!!!

|  Top Neurosurgeon in Southern California  |  show details
by Steven Sunshine on Aug 5th, 2014

I have had the pleasure of being Dr. Moza's patient for two surgeries. He has always been direct and courteous with his diagnosis and follow up. I waited several years before I broached the subject of surgery and he was open and honest about the treatments and the potential outcome. The office staff and his surgical staff are top notch. I will almost say I had FUN the days of my surgeries especially this last one. I am happy to say that the last surgery (which was already to be expected before I had the first) has left me pain free in my neck, shoulder and arms. I would highly recommend Dr. Moza who takes great pride in his work and also is a compassionate and caring human being.

|  Lumbar Fusion Surgery for Degenerative Spondylolisthesis  |  show details
by Marilyn Sylvis on Jun 25th, 2014

I had suffered 10 years with sciatica due to degenerative spondylolisthesis. Today I no longer have any sciatica pain. When I woke up from my surgery that pain was gone. After one week I began walking a mile every day without pain, prior to surgery I could not walk 1/2 a block without pain. I have my life back and am so grateful to Dr. Moza for his accurate diagnosis and the time he took to explain in detail the required surgery. I highly trust and recommend Dr. Moza. I would be happy to talk to anyone considering this surgery.

|  Best doctor around!  |  show details
by Happy Patient on Jun 12th, 2014

Dr. Moza was incredible in both consultation and procedure. He made me feel completely comfortable in a situation that had me very scared. I recommend him to anyone in need of an incredible spine surgeon.

Jun 5th, 2014

I am a 82 years old man and I had a major back surgery w/Dr. Moza it has been 2 mo and I am walking, w/o a walker right now, he fixed 5 places in my thoracic and lombar spine and the sensation has come back and my balance is getting better also every day. I recommend him to anyone that has to have a neurosurgery he is extremely capable.

|  Great medical care and wonderful personal caring  |  show details
by Jeff P. on May 4th, 2014

Dr. Moza is superb! To be brief, my family and I have always found him to be greatly skilled and very personable. Over the last seven years, he truly saved my wife's life when she had a brain aneurysm, fixed my back with an L4-L5 fusion, and just recently corrected my daughter's failed neck surgery elsewhere with a fusion at C5-C6. This is a lot of misfortune for one family but we were lucky enough to have had Dr. Moza caring for us. We all give him an unequivocal, top-of-the-list, highest possible endorsement!

|  The best Dr./Surgeon I have ever met  |  show details
by Rachel Parkhurst on May 2nd, 2014

After almost four years and about a dozen doctors with no answers as to why my neck still hurt, migraines, sleep-ness nights, loss of strength after an initial C5-C6 Cervical Fusion, Dr. Moza took one (1) look at emailed X-Rays and diagnosed my C5-C6 non-union (no fusion). Not only did he and his office go above and beyond in diagnosis and getting me in for surgery in 3 business days, but only 2 weeks after surgery I am already feeling better than I have in 6 years! His bed side manor is excellent and superior for he truly cares about his patients and his/her ability to live life at 100%. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone I know for he is the best!!!!

|  Surgical experience  |  show details
by David D. on Apr 8th, 2014

Dr. Moza performed two surgeries on my cervical spine. Both were accomplished with no complications and minimal recovery time. I consider him an excellent surgeon and would recommend him to anyone requiring spinal surgery.

|  Math Teacher  |  show details
by Dawn Kelly on Mar 14th, 2014

This past June (2013) Dr. Moza operated on my lower back and has changed my life even though I am still leaving my profession of 20 years on a disability retirement. I have a long-standing chronic pain condition related to my lower back (7 years ) and Dr Moza was the first surgeon to thoroughly explain my condition to me and the first who was willing to give surgery a try. I had been to see 5 others over the years who merely sent me on my way...there is a whole lot wrong with my back, and I have had countless shots, and alternative medicine procedures done, but not one surgeon felt they had a clear cut method of solving my problems. I am now able to get out of pain...granted I need to spend many hours a day resting, feet elevated, and on ice but to be out of pain for any amount of time and whatever the protocol my be, is a miracle in my life. I will be forever grateful to Dr.Moza! Some may claim the wait time, on occasion, in his office to be too much, I, on the other hand, know that he is taking the time, like he did with me, to help that particular patient. He is a gifted surgeon and one smart, witty, and kind human being. I would refer anyone to him in a heartbeat!

|  The Miracle Man  |  show details
by John V. on Mar 2nd, 2014

Dr. Moza was referred by my physical therapists. After having suffered from pain and numbness in my leg, in addition to severe back injury, I was willing to take a chance. I already had two, unsuccessful epidurals in two locations in my L2-L3 & L3-L4. I had disc protrusion approximately 7mm. My wife anxiously I went on a consultation. Dr. Moza was very professional, knowledgable and personable. What doctor introduces himself by his first name? He explained surgery options, and I decided to have a microdiscectomy to L2-L3 & L3-L4 with an added device for supported mobility. Immediately after surgery, in the recovery room, I gained feeling and strength back in my leg. About a week later, my back felt a lot stronger. Due to my reservations of considering back surgery, I was very happy I chose to do it, and I'm very happy with my results. Oh, I'm not done yet! After the third week postop, I discussed my neck problem, which was causing me to suffer from constant headaches and pain. I had been on pain meds for 2.5 years. All doctor told me there was nothing that could be done and that I'd have to live with the pain. Dr. Moza ordered an MRI on my neck area. Turns out my C6-C7 was protruding. I ended up having surgery for a disc replacement one month after my back surgery. I am now headache and pain-free and most importantly, pain medication free!! Yay!! Thank you Dr. Moza. I am forever grateful for all that you've done for me. If there is anybody out there who is hesitant about back or neck surgery, please go see Dr. Moza for a consultation.

|  hard working homemaker  |  show details
by Dona P on Mar 2nd, 2014

Dr. Moza was sincere and supportive from the moment I met him. What I liked most was he didn't waste a lot of time, but after a review of my records (which was done before I got there), and a quick exam, he laid out the options, his recommendation and why. My surgery was scheduled within 2 weeks, though I opted to put it off a little longer because I had family plans. He choose to admit me to an attentive surgical center with an excellent reputation overnight after the surgery. Before the surgery everyone was professional, caring and supportive... after the surgery the care was amazing. I did have a reaction to one of the IV antibiotics during the night, the nurse noticed my cheeks were flushing, woke me to see how I felt (which was fine), checked back in 20 minutes and noticed the flush was spreading down my neck to my chest, and called the on staff doctor who was there to treat me in 10 minutes. By the next morning I was feeling terrific with no after effects from the surgery other than swelling in my throat. (they had fused vertebrae in my neck by going in through the front of my throat.) I had been advised that I might be down for a few days. The day after I was released I was up cleaning house and cooking dinner. There was no pain and other then wearing a neck brace (and not driving for a week) I only felt relief from the pain I had been having from pinched nerves, and that felt wonderful. They day after I left the hospital I stopped all pain medication, that felt pretty wonderful too. It's been four weeks now, I no longer have to wear my neck brace and after some physical therapy, I'll soon be back to normal activities. I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Moza by another doctor I had gone to, who didn't accept Medicare. I think it was a win-win recommendation.

|  Cyst Removal  |  show details
by Scott Hastings on Feb 6th, 2014

I had a very large cyst removed from the back of my head. Dr. Moza did a fantastic job and made the entire process very easy for me. I highly recommend Dr. Moza.

by Cheri Acerrio on Jan 22nd, 2014

Dr. Moza is by far the best Dr. I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I had collapsed discs in my lower back, my sciatic nerve was being pinched off and the pain was excruciating. It kept me from doing just about everything. Walking, standing, sitting and even lying down were all near impossible to do without being in such pain. I called many other neurosurgeons in the area trying to get in to see them.....all gave me dates over a month away before they could be bothered with me. I had given up until my primary care dr. gave me Dr. Mozas name. I called his office and was given an appt for 2 days later. Since i had already had an MRI done, he took one look at it, told me what needed to be done...and 2 weeks later I was in the hospital having the procedure done. AMAZING results!! I spent 2 nights in the hospital, 3 weeks in a back brace, and have had virtually no pain since then. My surgery was done Sept. 11 2013 and today I can say that he changed my life, gave it back to me really. Incredibly caring man, i went back into the hospital a few weeks after my surgery for an unrelated problem....soon as Dr. Moza found out I was in there, he came in to make sure it had nothing to do with my back and that I was doing good. Who does that anymore???? Very few dr.s care as much as he does. He takes the time to explain every detail of the procedure to you, what to expect, what you will and wont be able to do post op....incredible dr.!!! His staff are very helpful, courteous and the most friendly ladies you could ever want to speak to. I wish I could have everything taken care of by him.

|  The best neurosurgeon!  |  show details
by Jana B. on Nov 19th, 2013

I was diagnosed in 2012 with spondylolisthesis and degenerative disc disease(no disc at the L5-S1 level, and rotted disc at the L4-L5 level). After spending many months getting injections and taking pain meds, my husband and I began researching doctors to discuss my surgery options. We visited 2 orthopedic surgeons, and then a close friend recommended Dr. Moza. My first visit to his office, I was warmly welcomed by Yvonne and Charisse, the office staff. Dr. Moza was extremely knowledgeable and I immediately felt comfortable with his approach to the surgery. He took the time to explain in great detail not only my condition- but what he would do during the surgery(and how it differed from the orthopedic surgeon approach) -and why. My husband joined me for a second visit to Dr. Moza. All of our questions were answered and we decided to proceed with scheduling the surgery for Oct 23 at the TOSH (Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital). The entire experience of the surgery and hospital stay were positive - the hospital staff was accommodating and professional. Food was delicious! And Dr. Moza arrived early each morning to greet me and see how I was progressing :) I am now in week 4 of my recovery and couldn't be more pleased! I would highly recommend Dr. Moza and his staff Yvonne and Charisse to anyone needing back surgery!

by Kristen Etheridge on Nov 6th, 2013

Dr Moza is AMAZING! I can't say enough about how amazing Dr Moza is! I honestly feel like Dr Moza gave me back my life! At 40 years young, I was unable to walk due to a disc cutting into my sciatic nerve in my back. At my 1st appointment I was unable to walk or straighten my leg without having excruciating pain from my lower back to my ankle, even after having a 7th epidural performed the day before I was 1st seen by Dr Moza. He immediately the very next morning performed surgery to remove the disc in my back causing all of the problems I was having. Thank you SOOO much Dr Moza, you are an incredibly gifted and amazing doctor! I can now go back to living my life with my twin Daughters and go back to coaching their softball team and my everyday active life!

|  Success Story  |  show details
by Wendy E. Green on Oct 5th, 2013

Dr. Vimal Lala had been treating my right hip and low back pain for awhile, then he sent me for an EMG Test. The test showed that I had a pinched nerve in my SI Joint on the right side. Dr. Kapil Moza did the surgery on the pinched nerve and I felt amazing immediate relief! I still have some Physical Therapy to go through but would highly recommend Dr.'s Moza and Lala and their awesome and gentle team! Thank you all for your perseverance in resolving my issue!

Aug 11th, 2013

I found him to be an excellent communicator who took the time to explain exactly what would happen during my surgery. He answered all my questions in a forthright manner making sure that I understood what he was saying. So far his explanation of my post-op experience is spot on.

|  life saver  |  show details
by Mitch Seflin on Jul 26th, 2013

this was my second surgery with this amazing man. Dr. Moza and his crew fussed C4-C7...I was on the table from 7am to 11am and released by 6:45pm same day. the entire time i felt secure and at ease..I live in a world that i can not trust anyone..however, i would trust my life with Dr Moza and the support staff.

|  ACDF  |  show details
by RS on Jul 23rd, 2013

First off thank you!! Dr.Mozaand staff!!Two level acdf and feeling great some pain at first but now i'm ready to get back to my life.If you need any spine surgery he ia the MAN!!!!!!!!

|  He's the Man  |  show details
by Mitch Seflin on Jul 8th, 2013

I have never been under the knife and my first experience was with Dr. Moza. The entire staff eased all my worries and cared for me before during and after surgery. Dr. Moza has allowed me to walk again with out pain or use of medicine. I already have referred him to several of my friends and associates who suffer from spinal damage.

|  Back Surgery L5-S1  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2013

Dr Moza was very friendly and explained the procedure very well. He was available late nights for emergencies and the staff was exceptional. I am very pleased with my results.

|  Amazing.  |  show details
by Stefanie Dhillon on Jun 1st, 2013

Dr. Moza removed a cyst from my scalp about 3 weeks ago and it is healing beautifully. The entire process was great; very easy and little pain. Dr. Moza is a very thoughtful doctor. He spent time to listen to questions I had and was very reassuring. I am extremely happy with the process and the results. :)

by Lynette Armstrong on May 29th, 2013

Saw Dr. Moza for arm pain and tingling sensation in my arms and fingers. Turned out it was 2 herniated disks in C5/6 & C6/7. He performed Anterior Cervical Fusion surgery by removing the disk and replacing them with Titanium spacers. Right after I woke up, I had no arm pain and could feel my fingers again without the tingling sensation. R. Moza is a wonderful doctor and took the time to explain everything to me in detail so I would understand what he was going to do to fix me. Dr. Moza was great at making me feel comfortable and made me feel like I was in great hands. Took the nervousness out of the surgery and made me feel confident that this will make me better. I would diffidently recommend him to others.

|  Back Surgery at 30??  |  show details
by Nina W on May 9th, 2013

I am a 30 year old female in pretty good physical shape. I hurt my back while at work lifting and shifting boxes (handle the evidence for a local p.d.). When the pain did not subside after two weeks, I figured I must have really done some damage. I filled out the typical workmans comp forms, saw my local doctor who recommended p/t. After weeks of p/t and little relief, I attempted the chiropractor. The chiropractor was amazing as well but after a little bit of time the pain came back. My chiropractor referred me to the amazing Doctor Moza. Doctor Moza was very up front with me. I waited maybe 2 minutes to see him and I brought him my MRI's and he read them right away to me. He told me that I had a 5mm herniation on my L5/S1. His suggestion was to do a "microdiscectomy" surgery on me which removes the herniated disc from sitting on the S1 nerve. I was very hesitant because even though it was a simple surgery, it was in fact back surgery. I consulted with many friends and family members who told me that I should/shouldn't do it. There is definitely a stigma with back surgery. A co-worker suggested that I take care of it NOW because he waited 2 years to have the same type of procedure done and it had become way worse that when he was initially told. This pushed me to do it. Dr. Moza was always thorough with me and never hid/kept anything from me, very honest. I went ahead and had the surgery and it was very successful. The immediate back pain I had prior to surgery was gone. I was just dealing with the post op pain and nerve regeneration. I had never had any type of surgery so I didn't know what to expect. The first 4-6 weeks were really tough mentally on me (especially since I had a 2 year old at home) but I was very strict on what I should be doing. I am currently 12 weeks post op and it was about 11 weeks after that I stopped feeling as much pain. I feel some pain but I have since gone back to work and I think my body is recovering and adjusting to that. I will continue my trek in the hopes that I will be able to do just as much afterwards just with caution as I did before. I would recommend Dr. Moza for any type of back issues. He has performed many back procedures so he knows what he is doing.

|  Micro Disc  |  show details
May 3rd, 2013

He is a fantastic doctor. I came to him in major pain. He patiently answered all my questions and offered options. When surgery was chosen and my pain became really bad, he rearranged his schedule to rush me in. He and his office staff are incredibly competent, compassionate and nice! Would highly recommend.

|  Micro Discectomy 4/16/13  |  show details
by Mary B. on Apr 23rd, 2013

I had been dealing with a ruptured disc and the resultant sciatica since 2/12. I had tried PT, chiropractic, and cortisone epidurals, but the pain continued to be debilitating. After meeting with Dr. Moza, he performed surgery the following week. He said that the damage was much worse than he expected. When I woke up from surgery, the pain was GONE. I am able to stand and walk without pain for the first time in 14 months! He and his staff are efficient, understanding, and compassionate. Thank you!

|  Spinal Surgery for "foot drop" in both feet  |  show details
by Andrew A. on Apr 14th, 2013

I was impressed with Dr. Moza starting with my first consultation with him. I appreciated his clear, fact-based assesment of my situation, and presentation of my treatment options. When I decided to have surgery, it was performed by Dr. Moza and a caring, very professional supporting staff. Dr Moza did the surgery such that there was minimum trauma to the back muscles. My recovery time was minimized and the resultant pain much less than I expected. I would say that, in my case, the surgery was a stunning success.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Susan slates on Apr 9th, 2013

I knew that I had to have surgery. I choose dr Moza because he explained my pain numbness etc much clearer performed more diagnostic tests. He made me feel comfortable and confident in his abilities. I had a c4 through c7 acdf. I feel better 6 weeks post op and looking forward to a full recovery

|  C6/C7 Fusion  |  show details
by Phil R. on Mar 21st, 2013

I was suffering from constant pain in my left shoulder and arm for a couple of months. I also had numbness and tingling in my left hand. I tried chiropractic and physical therapy for this, but my condition kept getting worse. I had an cervical MRI done and made an appointment with Dr. Moza. He dianosed my problem as serious nerve root compression at the C6/C7 level. He told me that a discectomy/fusion surgery was my only option to fix my condition. We scheduled the surgery at Thousand Oaks Surgical Center. I had surgery at 7:30 AM and went home the same day at 3:00PM. The surgery went great and I was pain free in my left shoulder and arm when I woke up from surgery. I have a little residual tingling in my left index finger, but it gets less noticible every day. Dr. Moza's staff (Yvonne & Candace) are very professional as well. I highly recommend Dr. Moza if you need any spinal surgery.

|  Microdiscectomy  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

I felt comfortable with Dr Moza the moment I arrived. His staff is excellent and he is outgoing and confident-something you want in a doctor. I felt safe in his hands and am pleased with the outcome.

|  Microdiscectomy L5-S1  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2013

The doctor was very friendly and approachable and very knowledgeable. Answered all of our questions and concerns. Office is very professional and friendly. Would definitely recommend to others. Decided to see him based on recommendations online and now I see why he has such high marks and happy patients.

|  Post-Op Visit  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2013

I was told by all of his colleagues that he is one of the best surgeons, and I have to agree 100%.

by Kathy H. on Mar 1st, 2013

In May, 2012 I underwent a surgery to help correct dropped foot sydrome. Dr Moza was highly recommended by several friends, so I had no reservations at all. After the surgery, once I started PT, I began having excrutiating pains in my legs, and underwent a series of epidurals and pain managment treatment, to no avail. Going back to Dr. Moza for a second surgical procedure on February 15th, I feel that I am on my way to finally being pain free. Dr. Moza is such a caring, capable Doctor that shows genuine care and compassion for his patients. When he called me on Saturday afternoon on my cellphone to make sure I was doing okay, I was absolutely floored!!! THAT is caring about your patients!!! Walking into his office, the warm feeling is so ovrewhelming you just know from the second you walk in that you are in the right hands!!! Coupled with the friendliness of Candice and Yvonne, there is no question that this is the best choice in Ventura County !!!! Thank you to all of you !!!! :-)

|  You are the Best  |  show details
by Jose Ruelas on Feb 9th, 2013

Dr. Moza performed a successful laminectomy in June, 2012. Within a few weeks I was walking well. Dr. Moza was the first doctor to discover my dropped foot and he was able to treat that ailment too. On January 24, 2013 I returned to Dr. Moza and his wonderful surgical staff for an ACDF (C3-C7) operation. Fourteen days have lapsed and I feel WONDERFUL (blessed). Thank you, Dr. Moza, for giving me back my life ---twice. Thank you Candice and Yvonne (office staff) for the excellent care.

|  Cervical Leak Repair  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2013

Dr. Moza fixed the cervical leak in my neck caused from a prior Dr.'s surgery. Had headaches for months and no longer have headaches. Dr. Moza and Dr. Rudin are great!

Jan 29th, 2013

I had a 3 level ACDF performed by Dr. Moza. He was very compassionate, had wonderful bedside manners and answered any questions I had. His staff was very polite and caring and went the extra mile to make sure everything was taken care of. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE AT DR. MOZA'S OFFICE FOR GIVING ME MY LIFE BACK. I AM NOW PAIN FREE!

|  Laminectomy  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2012

I had the most horrible back pain that would shoot down both legs constantly.... He did the back surgery and I amd completely pain free! I got my life back

|  Stop being affraid  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Moza has been excellent. I never in my life thought that I would ever agree to have back surgery. I had heard horror stories all my life about back surgery. But I could not function or participate in much of anything. Then I was referred to Dr. Moza and agreed to lumbar surgery. I have not had any trouble with my lumbar spine that he did surgery on sense he did my surgery. Im glad that I decided to have the surgery. The recovery time was about one week. I dont know if that is standard but that is what I experienced. I have no regrets about my back surgery. He has also performed surgery on my neck. And I felt fine the next day. The only thing I can complain about is my neck brace. Thats not Dr. Moza fault its just something needed for my recovery. I would and have recommended Dr. Moza to anyone.

|  Back Surgery for Herniated Discs  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2012

Dr. Moza was very clear on what was going on and what was going to be done. Very on time for everything. I would recommend Dr. Moza's services.

|  Chiari Decompression  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

I have been dealing with severe pain for 12 years due to malformations, along with sinus disease, mesloid disease... Dr. Moza performed surgery and after only 2 weeks, my life has turned around completely.

|  Dr. Moza  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

After a year of increasing pain and decreasing function of my hip and left leg, my neurologist referred me to Dr. Moza. After reviewing my history and the tests done by my neurologist, Dr. Moza recommended a laproscopic discectomy. The procedure was scheduled very promptly, necessary approvals secured, and one week after my first visit with Dr. Moza, he performed the surgery . The result is nothing short of amazing. I am without pain for the first time in a long while. Sensation and muscular control have returned, and Dr. Moza's most conservative estimate of the outcome of the procedure has been exceeded, by far. I feel that I have gotten my life back, and I cannot strongly enough endorse Dr. Moza. He has a no-nonsense, but clearly caring bedside manner, and he was absolutlely clear in his description of the problem, the available courses of treatment, and the probable/possible outcomes. Dr. Moza and his staff are what good medicine should be.

|  Anterior Cervical Fusion  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

On a scale of 1-10, I would rate my overall experience with Dr. Moza at an 11. I would recommend Dr. Moza's services. Quick, efficient and caring.

|  Fusion L5-S1  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

Recovery is going well. Dr. Moza is very helpful and explains everything. Answers questions. Concerned for overall health and wellness. I would recommend Dr. Moza's services.

|  Laminectomy - ever thankful for this great surgeon  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

Dr. Moza was amazing. He described the various options. He never rushed me. He was brilliant and within two weeks of surgery I feel great. Also no waiting and a pleasant office staff.

|  Great doctor -  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

He's a must see! Best Doctor in the nation. Keep it up Dr. Moza, you make people want to go to the doctor. You take care with each patient and know your stuff. Thanks again!

|  A Very Good Experience  |  show details
by Tom H on Sep 6th, 2012

I went to the ER at LRRMC for severe hip and back pain. The did an MRI and advised I had a herniated L4/5 disc. The ER referred me to Dr. Moza. He reviewed the MRI and explained I needed corrective surgery. He is very thorough. I checked with my PCP Dr Cher Cohler who recommended Dr. Moza and said he is excellent. I was scheduled for surgery about 10 days out. I became apprehensive when I found out that Dr. Moza does his surgeries at Advanced Pain Med Group in West Hills. It is in an office building and I had had a bad experience with a similar setup previously. It was a long drive from TO but I checked it out the day before surgery and was okay with what I saw. They next morning we showed up and I was pleasantly surpised by the excellent care I received from APMG, Dr. Moza and Dr. Beth Siegel, the anesthesiologist. They were all attentive, careful and competent. The nursing and support staff were all excellent from start to finish. I encourage Dr. Moza;s staff to do a MUCH BETTER job in communicating all the details about pre-op instructions, directions, etc This was the only, but important, lacking element.

|  Triple Discectomy  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2012

Dr. Moza was so helpful and showed genuine concern for my well being. I was always confident in his expertise and advixce. Was out of pain right after surgery. Love Dr. Moza!!

|  Forever grateful in Woodland Hills  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2012

Like Monet to a canvas,Dr.Moza is to the cervical spine,a true artist.I had a three level ACDF on 5/24/12 and Dr.Moza treated my cervical spine with precision and expertise. I am forever grateful to Dr.Moza,his surgical team,his staff and to Dr.Lala and Dr.Johnson,their surgical team,staff and their surgery center.XOXO

|  Perfect outcome!  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

I had minor surgery with Dr. Moza about a month ago. I could not believe the level of care and attention he gave me, both pre and post surgery. I asked a couple friends and acquaintances for a recommendation on a surgeon in the T.O./Westlake area and all of them said Dr. Moza. He is hands-down the best surgeon in the state. I cannot agree more with the reviews I have read of him. He didn't even have to shave a single hair on my head to perform the surgery. A 2 and 1/2 inch incision on the side of my head and no one knew it was there but me. I was in and out in no time and I could not be happier. I highly recommend Dr. Moza and encourage anyone to visit his office for a consult

|  Lumbar Laminectomy and Fusion  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

Dr. Moza and his staff made a painful situation life-changing. I have no pain and they all made it a very easy experience. Dr. Moza is a BRILLIANT surgeon! Shout out to Yvonne!

|  Laminectomyat L1/L2  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

I had sharp severe back pain come on shortly after helping a friend move. I had briefly met Dr. Moza after he performed a successful surgery on a friend of mine earlier this year. based on that referral, I called his office to request an appointment for a dianosis. His staff (ask for Yvonne) got me an appointment for an MRI the same day and an appointment with Dr. Moza the next day. He reviewed the MRI film and dianosed a 6mm bulged disc at L1/L2. We discussed the options and I decided on outpatient micro-laminectomy surgery at a hospital. His staff promtly made all the schedule arrangements. The surgery went great. No more sharp back pain. I am back to work and feeling almost 100% after 2-1/2 weeks. I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Moza and his staff.

|  Micro disectomy  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

Dr. Moza got us in for surgery right away to address the problem which was highly appreciated. Very knowledgable and easy to talk to.

|  great doctor and staff  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

he let me know what to expect and I had no pain in my legs after the surgery, had stenosis of l1 to l5 with 2 ruptered disks, only had pain from the actual insision.He ordered medication to take care of that pain. It has been 12 days since surgery feeling good, can get up on my own and walk. still taking it easy so I dont hurt anything, Very happy Thank you Dr Moza and Yvonne

|  Laura  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

I had a 3 level ACDF May 24,2012,four weeks into my recovery and I feel that I am making excellent progress. Dr. Moza treated my cervical spine with expertise and precision.I am grateful to Dr. Moza and his staff who helped to ease and comfort what could have been a frightful experience. I would highly recommend Dr.Moza to both family and friends

|  I Highly Recommend Dr Moza  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr Moza to family, friends and clients. He cares about his patients and made me feel very comfortable. I felt I could trust him to make decisions and recommendations that were in my best interests. He helped me understand my condition answered any question I had. He spent as much time as I felt I needed. I have had 2 surgeries with Dr Moza and would recommend him highly (and do) to anyone.

|  Lumbar Fusion  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Pain in my leg is gone one week after surgery. Doctor Moza was great and I'm getting better every day after having a lumbar fusion.

|  Best Doctor ANYWHERE!!!  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

Dr.Moza is such a compassionate doctor, unlike all the rest of the doctors out there Dr. Moza actually takes time to listen to your concerns. The staff is absolutely amazing and were there to help me with whatever I needed.

May 31st, 2012

I had very severe pain when I came to see Dr. Moza. After he operated, the relief was immediate. Everyone associated with the office has been great.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

Excellent experience with Dr. Moza, surgery was set up and performed with little or no issues, works with insurance company. the staff is very friendly and helpful, they make the surgery and follow-up less stressful than having a teeth cleaning at the dentist. Very satisfied patient.Bill S.

May 29th, 2012

I saw multiple surgeons before selecting Dr. Moza for my surgery. He did a great job explaining everything and was very knowledgeable about all the current options available to me. I felt confident and comfortable with Dr. Moza.

|  Spine Surgery  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

Friendly office staff, easy to talk to and understand in layman's terms. Worked with me on costs. Diagnosis and treatment were right on. Although surgery was considered major, recovery time was shorter than expected. Would recommend to anyone needing back surgery.

|  Post-Op  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

Dr. Moza has gone above and beyond my highest expectations for prompt, courteous, kind, gentle and thorough care at each step of my back surgery. I really appreciate his expertise and willingness to explain whatever I needed to know.

|  Cervical Fusion  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

Dr. Moza was excellent! I can't say eough about him. Surgery went great. Dr. Moza explained everything to me. Thank you Dr. Moza and Yvonne!

|  Cervical Disectomy 3-Level  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

Dr. Moza, even though he is fast, knows his stuff! I feel relief right after surgery. He is very caring.

|  c6 fUSION  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2012

Dr. Moza is an excellent surgeon and communicator!We were always well informed which made this process much less intimidating. We cannot thank Dr. Moza enough!

|  Feel safe  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

I have felt safe at this office from the first day in to visit. Please don't be thrown off by wait time to see doctor because everyone who visits him is important. Hence the wait. Dr Moza will spend just as much time with you. The good Doctors are worth waiting for :) Listen and ask questions. I had an anterior cervical discectomy on c6/c7 and I was scared to death. I'm 43 yrs old and have NEVER had surgery or even been under anesthetic in my whole life. Everything went fine and recovery is rolling right along. Only discomfort is from the neck brace..and that is not painful....just uncomfortable. Best wishes to all and I hope this helps to ease the many worries that come along with a decision for surgery.

|  Lower Lumbar Fusion  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

Everything was well explained before the surgery. Recovery has been excellent and I felt better immediately. His staff was both super helpful and I would highly recommend.

|  Low Back Pain  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

Dr. Moza is a thorough and courteous professional. I always feel like I am in good hands. His staff is awesome .

Apr 5th, 2012

I was in debilitating pain, right down to whimpering with it. Saw Dr. Moza on a Monday, had surgery on Thursday. Pain is now gone, other than normal after surgery.

|  Lumbar Laminectomy  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

On March 6, 2012 I underwent a lumbar laminectomy with Dr. Moza. I now have no pain. The staff is great! I would highly recommend Dr. Moza and on a scale of 1-10, he is an 11!

|  6 months of waiting saved in 5 minutes  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

In 2005 I fell off a 6 ft ladder, sebsequently, in March, 2011, I hit my back while changing a light bulb and found myself in bed for months with doctors telling me my only solution was a spinal fusion ... The insurance company disagreed so I laid (at home and in the hosp) on 22.5 mg of morphine... With no resolution . I met Dr. Moza on Monday morning, underwent the correct and approved procedure for my condition on Wed morning and was (slowly)walking by Wed night! Amazing!!!!

|  Amazing  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

laminectomy did well right away will recommend to family and friends er nurse

Feb 7th, 2012

He was willing to take my insurance and told me he'd take good care of me like his sister or mother. He did my surgery within 2 weeks of my first visit and kept me informed of what the surgery was and how it would help me. Before surgery pain was 10x. Today it is a 1. I am so happy he was my doctor.

|  Removal of piece of disc from nerve root  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

They were very quick to help me when I needed it. The staff was very efficient / kind and went way beyond the typical stuff. Dr. Moza was very flexible with his time and he explained exactly what was required to be done in surgery and why. After only six days after surgery I feel much better and I'm confident I'll be back to me exercise program in 3 weeks.

|  Disc Surgery  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2012

I went to see Dr. Moza because of the severe pain and discomfort I was in as a result of years of nagging back pain due to several disc issues. He was very compassionate to my concerns and carefully explained to me all the risks and rewards of the surgery. He was confident and caring and his staff was also sweet. I would recommend him for any spinal surgery. I have had all my numbness and pain vanish following the operation.

|  3 Level ACDF  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2012

Dr. Moza knows exactly what he is doing. He is caring, compassionate and has a great staff behind him. Everything was taken care of with no stress or worries to me or my family. Dr. Moza is confident and competent in what he does. He is an amazing surgeon.

|  Dr. Moza and Staff, Thank you  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2012

I wanted to show my appreciation with the great care you have provided to me. When I first came to your office, I was in so much pain and your friendly smiles and professionalism assured me I was in good hands. Dr. Moza, thank you for getting me into surgery as soon as you did and for taking the extra time to make sure I will continue my active and healthy life. It is rare to find a doctor what cares about their patients the way you do. Thank you.

Jan 31st, 2012

I needed emergency surgery. Dr. Moza gave me all the information I needed to make the decision to have the surgery. I felt secure in his hands. He spent time with me and answered all of my questions. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Thank You Dr. Moza  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

Let me begin by telling you I don't generally give testimonials. I met with a few surgeons before deciding on Dr. Moza. I am an attorney and most surgeons would prefer to not have me as a patient. The reason is fairly obvious. I wanted Dr. Moza to repair my L5 S1 as I was tired of living in pain. Although there are no guarantees, Dr. Moza assured me I was in good hands. It has been one week since my fusion and already beginning to feel better. Spinal Fusion surgery takes a highly skilled doctor. Do your homework on every surgeon that you are considering because a revision to correct bad surgery is problematic. I did my homework on Dr. Moza and know he was right for me. Scott Miller, Attorney

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

I had a ACDF at C3-4, and C5-6 with Dr. Moza. My overall strength has improved. Prior to surgery my strength (on a scale of 1-10) was a 4. After surgery it is now 9-10. I highly recommend Dr. Moza to my friends and family.

Jan 18th, 2012

Dr. Moza is an incredibly talented physician and surgeon. He diagnosed my problem quickly and recommended a solution immediately. After a year of pain which eventually became unbearable, he provided immediate relief by performing a laminectomy. He explained the procedure and options ahead of time. After the surgery, he answered all the questions my family had and he visited me right away. Dr. Moza offered helpful direction for my continued recovery during the surgical follow-up visits. I recommend Dr. Moza very highly.

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

From the 1st appointment to after Cervical surgery the staff was exceptionally there for my needs. Fees were discussed and was willing to work with the fees and excepting my insurance. As for doctor it's about being there for his patients. Doctor explains the entire plan that is best for you. I am retired now age 66 I worked for doctors. I saw the good ones and the bad ones. I also worked for a Neurological Surgeon in my younger years one of the best. His office didn't except my insurance plan. I would have had him do my surgery but he was my second opinion. I am so very pleased to recommend Dr. Moza as an exceptional Doctor. He is there for his patient, their every needs. Great bedside manors If I need anything else corrected I will be calling him. He is a great doctor.

|  C4-C5, C5-C6 ACDF  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2012

Dr. Moza is very real as a human being and not distant. He understands patient experiences. I would recommend him!

|  Exceptional  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2011

My overall experiwnce was very good. Dr. Moza is one of the best in his field, he's caring, attentive and professional. Thank you Dr. Moza.

|  Top Notch!  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

I am able to enjoy life again! Dr. Moza has a way of perfectly mixing medical expertise and bed-side manner. He is respectful, caring and genuinely sincere. Cannot recommend him more. Thank you!

|  Total Gratitude  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2011

I felt compelled to write a review after my surgical procedure performed by Dr. Moza. At the time I did my research of local surgeons that could relieve a chronic issue I was experiencing. I came across several reviews this one included and chose to go with a another local surgeon even though Dr. Moza came highly recommended. After a short period of time my inital surgery with the other surgeon had to be corrected by Dr. Moza. And a few months later to my relief I am fully recovered.Dr. Moza was professional, patient, caring and completely competent. If I had not been scared away from the reviews posted on sites like these I would have saved myself and my family from dealing with the anxiety and recovery of a second unneccesary surgery.

|  Susan Koch  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

Dr. Moza performed a lumbar fusion surgery on me 8 days ago. He visited me everyday in the hospital to make sure my every need was met. Of course, I am still recovering but know that he will make sure that my pain will be gone for good! Dr. Moza and his office staff were extemely professional, attentive, and expert in what they do. I am very happy that I chose Dr. Moza.

|  Two Thumbs Up  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

My husband had neck spine disk surgery six weeks ago and has made a fantastic recovery due to Dr. Moza's skill and knowledge as a Neurosurgeon. We are very grateful to Dr. Moza for his dedication, discipline and competence, and would highly recommend him as an outstanding Neurosurgeon.

|  Interpreter  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2011

Hello My Name is Alejandro Im a former patient of Dr. Moza. I had a lamenectomy and microdiscectomy done on my spine in 2006 we are now in 2011 and I have never had back pain again he did such a good job Im very fortunate to have had a doctor like Mr. Moza I was un able to feel my legs nor could I walk anymore the pain was so much that in 2 weeks I lost 27lbs because I was pdofusely sweating but after doctor Moza worked on me the pain went again as soon as they woke me up after surgery the recovery only took like 3 months and I went back to work I highly recomend Dr. Moza hes a very very good dr Im a living witness to that.

|  Genuine appreciation  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Moza after a year and a half of my siatica not improving with alternative treatments. The care and efficiency with which I got in for an appointment and evaluated by Dr. Moza was unpresidented. Dr Moza took time to explain the disease process, review the MRI, and discuss my options for surgery fully with me. Dr. Moza and his staff worked cohesively to expedite the surgery and have been continually supportive through my recovery process. No one could ask for more!

|  Hightly Recommend Dr. Moza  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Moza by my wife who works at Los Robles Hospital. She has been a nurse at Los Robles for several years and I trusted her opinion on choosing a good Neurosurgeon as she works closely with many of the Doctors there. Dr. Moza was extremely Professional and thorough in explaining exactly what was occuring in the Degenerated Discs in my neck which was causing weakness, numbness, and serious pain in my left arm. He felt confident that a Multilevel ACDF would be the best solution to relieve the pain and get me back to a normal life. It's been 3 weeks since the surgery and my left arm has regained all its strength back and I've also lost all numbness in my pointer finger with absolutely no pain in my left arm. There is some discomfort in the neck area where the surgery occurred but this is to be expected and its also my fault fo trying to do too much around the house too quickly. Overall, I feel confident in referring someone to Dr. Moza as he fulfilled so many of my concerns through the whole process.

|  Alaire Hayes  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

Thank you for your great care! You dx'd the problem before you even saw the MRI or look at my neck. I appreciate all you did for me and your office staff is GREAT!

|  Would highly recommend Dr Moza  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

Although meeting Dr Moza happened as a result of admission through ER, I felt assured of his skills from the moment I met him. Dr Moza explained his plan for surgery, and having had the surgery, I know that every word he spoke can be trusted. I had a similar surgery 3 years ago, which did not go well, so I had enough reserves to face another procedure, but Dr Moza removed any and all doubt and I know by my daily strength and improvement and incredible reduction in pain that he was the best surgeon to take care of my back problems.

|  Don't want to call him a miracle worker, but...  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

Dr Moza is nearly so in my opinion. With my MRI's in hand he provided an excellent analysis of my condition which was a three level cervical disk degeneration. For months prior and before I was referred to Dr. Moza, the burning sensation in my right arm had only grown in area and I feared that paralysis would soon be imminent. My previous consultations with other surgeons and neurologists only left me confused and I continued to fear the surgery and it's outcome. Dr. Moza's immediate recognition of my condition and his inspiring confidence allowed me to let go of my fear of surgery, but more importantly I felt that I could put my trust in him. With concern for my deteriorating condition, he and his staff scheduled me for the anterior cervical discectomy & fusion (ACDF) surgery very quickly.It is now 7 days after the operation. The burning sensation in my right arm is 95% gone. My voice does not suffer from the usual hoarseness side-effect for this type of surgery. The incision is only about 2" long--well short of the much longer incision that is usual for a three level cervical surgery. I am off the high powered pain-pills and only use Tylenol once or twice a day. I am slowly regaining my ability to eat more solid food (this may be the hardest part of all this because I would love to have a steak soonmaybe in about 2 weeks?). My only regret, really, is that I hadn't been referred to Dr. Moza many months before!

|  PAIN FREE!  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

I'm amazed with the entire process! Dr. Moza is the most caring doctor I've ever met. He took the time to explain my condition using language I understood, keeping me calm the entire time. I had an L-3 to S-1 Laminectomy the first week in June, 2011. I live in the Antelope Valley, Dr. Moza was able to schedule my appointments very quickly. The surgery was done at Los Robles Hospital due to my prior heart attack. Dr. Moza is highly respected by the staff at the hospital. I spent years with other doctors that could only mask the pain for short periods of time. Dr Moza never told me when to have the procedure done, he told me to let him know when I was ready. I'm pain free! I would highly recommend Dr. Moza to any patient that needs his caring and professional skills.

|  Great Doctorr  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

I would recomend to my family and friend very nice and caring took alot of time to explain my surey

May 19th, 2011

Dr Moza is an excellent surgeon. Very caring and very professional. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  N. Francis  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

Dr. Moza was beyond compassionate, concerned, & very informative about my condition. He performed a craniotomy on me and I am extremly blessed with the outcome. The procedure went well without any complications. My recovery as well was unremarkable. He's so smart and I highly recommend his services to anyone. After my procedure he called many times during the night and early morning hours to check up on my status. It felt really great knowing someone cared.

|  Successful Surgery by a Caring Doctor & Staff  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

Dr. Moza diagnosed my problem and performed Cervical Laminectomy Surgery on Jan. 10, 2010. My surgery was a success and I'm pain free and active without restrictions and worry. Dr. Moza & his office staff were always very professional and caring. They made me feel they were concerned about me and my problem and they were there to help me. Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital was so nice and quiet and the staff took very good care of me during my stay there.

|  Very compassionate and helpful team  |  show details
by Tad Triplett on Apr 28th, 2011

3 Level ACDF SurgeryThe whole team worked well with me. Pre and Post op the team was always available, even when I didn't have a voice they did all they could to communicate with me. Handled a lot of paper work, I otherwise would have been lost. Surgery went well, scar looks great. Can't wait for next appointment to thank them all again and see how much further along I have come.

|  Rowdy Dyer (Recent patient)  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

Thanks to Dr. Moza, I'm finally pain free. I have been to several other doctors and they just wanted to treat my pain with drugs and epidurals. My spouse and I wanted to treat the problem, not just the symptoms of my condition.Dr. Moza, after seeing all the other alternatives that I had tried such as chiropractic,accupressure, acupuncture, and countless drugs(celebrex, vicodin, soma, valium, lyrica), finally made a medical decision that treated the problem. I had a collapsed disk in the C5 area, and he went right to work within a week to correct it. His office staff was absolutely the best staff I've ever had the experience working with. As soon as we arrived, we were asked if we wanted something to drink and within 5 min, we were in seeing the doctor. The office coordinated all procedures with all the other health offices including my place of work. I highly recommend Dr. Moza and his staff for any procedure or consultation. They put hope back into my hopeless situation.

|  My Life Back  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

After my surgery I feel one hundred percent better.I trust my doctor he was always made me feel safe.

Apr 25th, 2011

I was diagnosed with 3 level disc herniation, involving a pinched nerve causing constant neck pain, tingling in my arm and atrophy.Dr. Moza was highly recommended by my neurologist and his staff was able to schedule a consultation within one week after contacting them.During my consultation, Dr. Moza reviewed my MRI images and fully explained my condition as well as the recommended surgery (Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion, 3 levels) in full detail, including a CGI demonstration of the procedure. Dr. Moza's confidence and knowledge of the procedure made me feel comfortable, considering that this surgery is very daunting for most patients.I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the surgery was available (approximately one week after initial consultation). During the time between my consultation and the surgery itself,I read numerous online posts of people who have had ACDF surgery (in general, NOT specifically performed by Dr. Moza) and observed that many people had negative experiences after the procedure was performed. Of course, this made me and my family nervous.It has now been over 2 weeks since my ACDF surgery was performed by Dr. Moza and I have not experienced any of the issues that others complained about. I was able to speak clearly and walk within hours of the surgery. I immediately noticed that the pain and tingling in my arm and neck were gone! Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Moza and am looking forward to a full recovery! Further, Dr. Mozas staff were very helpful with the EDD/Disability paperwork.

Apr 21st, 2011

I was in sevrere pain and had nerve problems before surgery and after surgery I am pain free and no nerve damage. He is AWESOME!

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2011

I had lower back pain that prevented me from participating in my life. My insurance company sent me to Dr. Moza for a prescription for a spinal epidural. Dr. Moza wouldn't write a blind prescription, and ordered MRI's (which I was unable to receive prior to Dr. Moza.) The MRI's told the whole story; surgery was necessary. Insurance denied it for months. Dr. Moza and his office staff were my partners in advocating for my care. I finally received the surgery. Dr. Moza is a brilliant, confident surgeon... the results exceeded my expectations. I have a second chance at life that I am most grateful for.

|  epidermoid brain tumor surgery  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2011

Dr. Moza is an unbelievable surgeon! He saved my husbands life! My husband recovered from surgery so fast and 100% I know do to Dr. Moza and God! I am so thankful to God for bringing Dr. Moza into our lives! Without Dr. moza I'm sure this would not have gone so amazingly well! I highly recommend Dr. Moza! He is truly a miracle worker! Thank you!

by Debbie Espinoza on Jan 19th, 2011

Dr Moza saved me from near paralysis and I will always be eternally grateful for his promptness in curing me. He was so kind and didn't even care if he got paid from my insurance, he was just very concerned about my emergent condition and took care of business to repair my spinal cord compression. I am an ICU nurse and would highly recommend his services should you ever need a great neurosurgeon!!

Jan 16th, 2011

Dr. Moza is a true professional and humanitarian. He cares greatly for his patients and his staff!

|  Great Doctor and Office staff  |  show details
by Michael Balen on Jan 6th, 2011

I have been disabled for 11 years now with DDD, Sciatica, spondylolthesis and more problems with my back. I was recommended to Dr Moza for possible surgery. He was the first Dr in 11 years that was able to do something to help me. But first off, on my first visit I was extremely impressed on how clean and wonderful condition the office and staff are. I had surgery done and he has improved my life more than the 8 or more doctors I have seen prior to seeing him. I just wish I got to see him 11 years ago because by now I probably would have had my life back and working again. Dr Moza and his staff are VERY professional and caring. I would recommend Dr. Moza to anyone.

|  A Top Surgeon's Surgeon  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2011

Referred to Dr. Moza by "another top surgeon" in the area, a successful spine surgery has given our 78 year old father his life back. Prior to surgery our father experienced deminishing strength in his hands, arms and legs, and could barely hold a coffee cup using both hands. After(almost immeadiately), he not only got his strength back in all his extremities, but he has also regained a very positive upbeat attitude and outlook on life! Thank you Dr. Moza!

Dec 31st, 2010

Dr Moza is extremely dedicated to his practice. He is interested in the patient short-term and long-term. He discusses all options for the patient and family members before surgery. Bottom line he has the patients best interest at heart.M. Lang RN

Dec 28th, 2010

I have had the experiance of both working with Dr. Moza and being a patient's family member. Dr. Moza saved my brother's life. While the attending neurologist was dancing around the situation and avoiding direct answers reguarding a plan of care Dr. Moza was busy actually doing what needed to be done. After he performed a life saving surgery he took the time to sit down with my family and answer all their questions, educate them reguarding the disease process and plan of care, and comfort them during a very difficult time. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the care and kindness he extended toward my family.As an ICU nurse I also have the privledge of working with Dr Moza. I cannot count the number of lives I have personally seen him save. It is such a relief to work with a doctor whom I know not only has my back as a nurse but also holds my patients wishes, wellness, and quality of life concerns close to his heart. I have seen time and time again his dedication to his patients and his work. It is a true honor to work with such a talented and competent doctor. I trusted my own families life in his hands as I would my own life. Thank you Dr Moza for all you do. You are very much appreciated!!

|  Amazing Man  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2010

My father was admited to the ICU with a very serious illness. The neurological doctor on staff seemed to be only asking a lot of questions and not doing any action. Dr. Moza was called to consult. He arrived at the hospital, came into my father's room and completely took control of the situation. It was truly amazing. He had diagnosed and provided a course of action for my dad in less than 20 minutes. He took my dad into surgery and saved his life. If it werent for Dr. Moza, my father would have died.

by Aida Minassian on Dec 14th, 2010

I would recommend him highly to anyone who needs a spinal neurological surgery.

|  My visit and satisfaction  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2010

Dr Moza saw my wife for severe neurosurgical problems . We were very satisfied and extremely pleased with the explanation, the time spent and his recommendation. The time spent with the patient was beyond what I have experienced when seeing a doctor.' My wife was very impressed and thankful for the visit and the consultation. Should surgery be neede he would be our choice to operate .

|  Thanks to him I can run marathons!  |  show details
by Gloria Paty Thomson, RN, BSN on Apr 23rd, 2010

Dr. Kapil Moza is an oustanding Neurosurgeon!I injured my back 2 years to the poing that I needed to have emergency surgery within days. I went to see a doctor who told me I need to have my spine fused but due to my life style and my level of activity, I refused to do it.I was refered to Dr. Moza as a second opinion and I am glad I went to see him.Not only he performed my surgery fast but he saved me for not having to have my spine fused.The surgery was a sucess! My recovery took about 3 to 4 months until I was able to start running and working out again.A year after my surgery, I run my first Half-Marathon and continued running and trainning harder.It has been now 2 years and I have run 4 Half-Marathons and one Full Marathon!Until now, my back is as strong as when I was in my younger years.Thank you Dr. Moza!! YOU CHANGED MY LIFE!!!

|  Could not ask for more!!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2010

Doctor Moza may speak fast however, he was the most knowledgeable physician I have ever had the privilege to see over my many years! He genuinely showed care and concern for my well being and my pain. I had many options for my situation and Dr. Moza offered the soundest resolution and unbeknown to him, one of the more economically conservative. I am thankful for the few physicians in practice who actually empathize for their patients and find the answers to my questions! Highly recommend!

|  Excellent Neurosurgeon  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2009

I have seen this doctor for my back problems, he is an excellent neurosurgeon and nows his medicine. I recommend him highly.

|  He's the best!  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2009

Dr. Moza is an extremely intelligent and compassionate doctor. He went to extra mile to help us out. We are grateful to him!!