inactive

Kapil Rawal MD Patient Reviews

2.4

August 9th, 2012
This is not a Dr.
This is not the way a Dr. takes care of someone, to properly serve you he should have all your medical records from the day of injury. If he is going to help you with headaches from a head injury and you have had 9 operations to your head and the problem has been going on for 5 years and you have already seen 10 Dr.s and surgeons there is and should be more than six pages of medical records and if Dr. Rawal only has six pages out of 600 pages he don't know enough about the injury to give a truthful diagnoses nor a honest and helpful solution to the problem.. He also needs to listen more when he ask a question, let the patient tell him how he or she feels not him telling you how you feel.. and another problem is he don't report the truth to your insurance company or to workers comp. he reports what they pay him to report, so be careful you don't get screwed by a Dr. that thinks he's God the best healer in medicine!!!!!

April 25th, 2012
Mixed Feelings
Doctor Rawal has helped me in many ways. Post car accident he gave me an accurate diagnosis and treatment. However now that I am trying to get my life back on track his whole story has changed. I have had to make threats in order to get my medical records. He lacks memory of my visual impairment and his original diagnosis. Thus leaving me very confused , and having added difficulty to my injuries.

March 11th, 2011
Migraine
I have had bad luck with neurologist. The worst was Raleigh Neurology. Dr. Rawal is a definite improvement. He has done a good job of listening to my concerns and finding the right medications to manage migraines. He has not responded well to the need for meds to abort headaches. He does not return telephone calls. His staff is cold. If you need a refill, you must come to the office even if you need only a partial prescription to get you through an enexpected trip.

February 24th, 2011
I have been seeing Dr. Rawal for many years and have to get ESIs often! In that matter he is the best I have found and only stay with him because of this! I am very upset with ALL other aspects of this Dr. and his Staff!!! I have been asking for my records for about 2 years as have my other Drs. He will tell me that he will get them for me but never does. By law you are entitled to these records and I am considering filing a complaint with the Medical Board and suing him for them and the hassel I have gone through to get them. Also, I have had severe pain for many years and he has told me that for my conditions I take less meds than others with the same problem, He then turns around and makes me feel as if he thinks I don't need these meds. He sometimes seems to have memory loss of conversations we have had and is very unpredictable when it comes to his mood for that day! I have recommended many patients to him and will not to so anymore! I guess like anything these days you have to weigh out the good and bad and then choose to stay or get another Doctor. I personally am trying to find another one that is as good with the ESIs but is better with all other aspects! It is also difficult to change doctors without your records.

December 30th, 2010
Outstanding, Very Professional and Thorough
I experienced an excellent visit with Dr Rawal! It baffles me to read two other ratings that outline concerns with Dr Rawal, and comments in reference to him departing for lunch and leaving his patients waiting for over an hour. I checked into this concern, and Dr Rawal does not take lunch, and his staff frequently ask him to do so, but he tends to work right through lunchtime. He is sometimes called to the hospitals that he works out of and, on accasion, he may have to leave his patients to take care of an emergency. Perhaps this was the case with the individual that expressed concerns about his departure for lunch. Dr Rawal took the time necessary to accurately diagnose my medical condition. I certainly did not mind waiting after I arrived, as I am confident that he was taking the time necessary with another patient. I will recommend him to others as I was very pleased with him as a neurologist.

November 7th, 2010
Head for the hills!
In all my years, I have NEVER seen a worse Dr. then him! Dr. Rawal never even examines you, looks only at his computer, doesn't look up at you during office visits, does not seem to recall or be able to find in his notes records of your hospitalizations or his own recommendations to other collaborating Docs. about those hospitalizations. His bedside manner is heartless, often communicating frustration that you are not responding as expected to his tests and medication. I am about to give up and go elsewhere but I fear for what will happen because he has my medical records. Will it look like I am Dr. shopping?

April 30th, 2009
All I have to say is if you want proper care and treatment, dont come here. He has no manners, and does not listen to you. Also, when I asked him for my records, he said he would get them too me when he was ready. Not impressed at all, and felt his services were a waste of money. He will tell you what he thinks you need to do, and when you ask what that is, he tells you to ask your nurse or google it. I'm like doc, you are getting paid for this and you are supposed to be the expertise here, what are you doing? Since there are so many great neurologists in the Raleigh area, I will be checking another one out, and get a second opinion.