A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kumar
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Kumar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Kumar graduated from Chengalpattu Medical College. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kumar has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Brooksville Regional Hospital
- Community Hospital Of New Port Richey
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Kapisthalam S Kumar FACP and MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Kapisthalam S. Kumar practice?
- Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar has 2 office locations.
Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near New Port Richey, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Hudson, FL.
See New Port Richey Internists, New Port Richey Hematologists, and New Port Richey Oncologists.