A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kumar
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Kumar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Kumar graduated from Chengalpattu Medical College. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kumar has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Brooksville Regional Hospital
- Community Hospital Of New Port Richey
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Kapisthalam S Kumar FACP and MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Kapisthalam S. Kumar practice?
- Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar has 4 office locations.
Dr. Kapisthalam Kumar practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near New Port Richey, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Brooksville, FL and Hudson, FL.
See New Port Richey Internists, New Port Richey Hematologists, and New Port Richey Oncologists.