3.0

R.N., B.S.N. show details R.N., B.S.N.
by BWB on Mar 5th, 2015

Dr. Kara O'Karma has been my OB/GYN for over 7 years. She is an excellent physician and also is a registered pharmacist. Knowledgeable in all areas of women's health. Terrific bedside manner and highly ethical.

Oct 10th, 2014

Dr. Okarma did my hysterectomy last summer and did an awesome job! My friend is waiting for her to return to work since she is the only dr she would also trust. She has a great bedside manner and knows exactly what to do.

nurse & patient show details nurse & patient
Aug 1st, 2013

I usually have Dr Ballas, but he was on leave for my last delivery. I was discharged and told signs to look for should a problem arise. I had a fever 2 days after being sent home with baby. I called office and didn't receive call back until next day. Very inappropriate not to call back same day, also office staff told me it's probably just a virus, but she would see me if I insisted. Well after I was seen, found out part of my placenta was inside and she couldn't remove it for 4 more days because that is when she does surgeries. Billing dept very degrading to patients as well. I think Dr OKarma is a nice person, just used to getting such great care from Dr Ballad that you can't even compare the two.

Disappointing show details Disappointing
Nov 12th, 2012

Specifically requested not to have her deliver our first child based not only on my own previous experiences, but also other friends and family. She nicked one of my ovaries while doing a surgery, very rough during pelvic exams (used no lubrication.) Recently, a friend had her "deliver" her first child, although "Dr." O'Karma never made an appearance. Left her patient to have the baby on her own with her family and one nurse. Also, my father works at the hospital and has seen several cases where her surgeries have left patients with infections/open incisions. Please request either Dr. Ballas, my personal favorite, or Dr. Gray

Apr 29th, 2012

I met Dr. Okarma when I had my second tubal pregnancy and I was in the hospital. She came in and talked to me with compassion and made me feel like I could talk to her as a friend. She knew all the right tests to perform and found a prompt resolution to my problem which led to me having my first child a little over a year later. I will go to Dr. Okarma for every pregnancy I have. She was absolutely wonderful!