Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Oct 10th, 2014

Dr. Okarma did my hysterectomy last summer and did an awesome job! My friend is waiting for her to return to work since she is the only dr she would also trust. She has a great bedside manner and knows exactly what to do.

Jan 27th, 2014

She was very distant & rude during our first encounter. She find answer my questions & did not seem interested at all. I have heard nothing but bad things about her & when I went to deliver my first child, I told the nurses that I would NOT let her deliver him. Every one I know who had her for an appointment asked not to have her again & refused her help during delivery, including me! Dr. Ballas was amazing in delivery with my c-section, & Dr. Gray was my doctor throughout the pregnancy. Both fantastic!

|  nurse & patient  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2013

I usually have Dr Ballas, but he was on leave for my last delivery. I was discharged and told signs to look for should a problem arise. I had a fever 2 days after being sent home with baby. I called office and didn't receive call back until next day. Very inappropriate not to call back same day, also office staff told me it's probably just a virus, but she would see me if I insisted. Well after I was seen, found out part of my placenta was inside and she couldn't remove it for 4 more days because that is when she does surgeries. Billing dept very degrading to patients as well. I think Dr OKarma is a nice person, just used to getting such great care from Dr Ballad that you can't even compare the two.

|  Registered Nurse  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2013

She performed surgery on me and really messed me up. She cut my bladder and although that is always a possability after the surgery she neglected the signs and symptoms of the complication She continued to pump fluids into me for three days and on day fourth day I had to ask for my own bloodwork and abdominal film to be done. My stomach was the size of a ninth month pregnant belly at this time. Needless to say I was in renal failure ended up in the ICU and had to have emergency surgery that left large ugly scar. She is nice but not very smart. I have sense heard other stories but I will not post them because I did not experience them first hand, Best advice would be to chose another doctor.

|  Disappointing  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

Specifically requested not to have her deliver our first child based not only on my own previous experiences, but also other friends and family. She nicked one of my ovaries while doing a surgery, very rough during pelvic exams (used no lubrication.) Recently, a friend had her "deliver" her first child, although "Dr." O'Karma never made an appearance. Left her patient to have the baby on her own with her family and one nurse. Also, my father works at the hospital and has seen several cases where her surgeries have left patients with infections/open incisions. Please request either Dr. Ballas, my personal favorite, or Dr. Gray

Apr 29th, 2012

I met Dr. Okarma when I had my second tubal pregnancy and I was in the hospital. She came in and talked to me with compassion and made me feel like I could talk to her as a friend. She knew all the right tests to perform and found a prompt resolution to my problem which led to me having my first child a little over a year later. I will go to Dr. Okarma for every pregnancy I have. She was absolutely wonderful!