A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kara Shay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kara Shay is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kara Shay, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shay graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia. She has 4 awards.
Dr. Shay has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County
- St Elizabeth Medical Center Covington
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shay accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 13 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 1 plan
- Bluegrass Family Health - 1 plan
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 31 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Kara Shay practice?
- Dr. Kara Shay practices Internal Medicine and General Practice near Crestview Hills, KY.